Two

The Heart Menders Presents: Chasing you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  

 

"I have a girlfriend now," Yongguk said while he let his arm wrap around a girls' waists. It was the girl that Bang Yongguk met in the restaurant. It was his fake girlfriend. "Now stop following me around. You're annoying me too much and I will never like you back."

"Meanie," was all she could say to him. After all she knows the truth. "I'm the only one who could love you more than she ever could. Do you think that because you already have someone else, I'll back down?" He only ignores her as he steps back away and wrap the girl tighter on his arm.

"J-Just move on already. You may love me than she ever could, but it's her that I like- love. Not you." He gaze at her for the last time and walks out briskly, still embracing the woman in his arm without throwing a single glance back at her.

They walk away from her as she stares at the back of Yongguk, feeling hurt as her heart keeps on breaking into pieces.

 

It hurts Elle. Every time when she encounters Yongguk there is a new wound, a new scar to add to the collection. He is always like that anyway. He will look into her eyes and say whatever will hurt her the most.

"Love hurts" is the biggest lie out there. Elle is a very positive and loving person, because to her love heals, and love makes people whole again. Love is filled with goodness as kind and loving as our Creator intended to be. What really hurts is that the person she loves has this uncaring, thoughtless attitude when it comes to her. Yongguk never treated her nicely, but sometimes his eyes showed something else.

She doesn’t really tell what it is. His eyes gives her this unsaid feelings.

 

With a frown she decided to march away feeling disappointed once again.

 

 

"Stupid love." Maybe she drank too much, but how can she move on? That stupid, stubborn guy that she loves treats her badly. Talking about his fake girlfriend. He has really come to the point where he had to pretend that he was in love with someone else. As if she was a fool. Maybe a fool for him, but she knows alright.

She guessed that maybe she really needs to move on.

But the big question is how?

 

Elle was certain to go home when she felt like she was drunk already. After meeting Bang Yongguk that day, she decided to head somewhere at a food stall all by herself. Not wanting to disturb her best friend, Sunhee to vent out and get lectured again.

She induced the feeling of drinking soju alone, finishing up almost her third bottle. She's not much like a drinker, but she needs to drink and make the pain go away. Make her feelings numb just for the meantime.

To Elle it feels like she was not really good enough by Yongguk continuously rejecting her.

All she knows about herself is that if Yongguk was stubborn, so does she.

 

 

She calls a cab and pulls her coat tighter onto herself. She's not thinking straight anymore while she enters it. She then handed a piece of paper that she thought was written with her address to the driver.

After almost thirty minutes of falling asleep, she was awakened by the taxi driver. Handing her card for the payment, she started to head out.

She looks around first and being unfamiliar at the place to her surprise, it was not her neighborhood. Too late to realize, the cab is already too far to reach out.

Elle then remembers the paper she handed out when she picked it up from her pocket. It was The Heart Menders place.

She was no longer that tipsy, just a little bit as she stumbles all the way to the said place. Maybe she could give it a try. Elle's quite anxious, but she needs to find out if they are real. If there's such things called The Heart Menders.

If anything goes wrong, she will call emergency immediately. Using her phone, she handed it out and dialed 911. If this is a scam or if it's her life on the line, she will not hesitate to press the call button. She just let herself prepared and stands at the door, she rang the doorbell twice. Waiting for about a minute the door suddenly opens and a beautiful young man appeared in front of her. It takes a moment to realize, that she was already facing a man with handsome features. He suddenly opens the door wider, "Yes? May I help you?" He asks huskily while looking at her intently. She swallows nervously,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter