My boyfriend, Seungcheol

Seungcheol

I bring the scissors up to my hair, looking at the mirror and exhaled sharply. "This is it", i thought and closed my eyes, preparing to slice the scissors through my hair.

 

"_____..."

 

I opened my eyes and turned abruptly, my hands immediately dropping to my sides.

 

"If you were trying to cut your hair without telling me, you should've at least closed the door, baby.”

 

Seungcheol smiled at me, sadness evident in his eyes. I just stared at him silently, feeling somewhat guilty. Seungcheol walked to my side without a word, and started rummaging through the cupboard on my right. I stared at him puzzled. when he finally found what he was looking for, he turned and stared straight into my eyes.

 

"If you are going to cut your hair, I'll shave my head," Seungcheol smiled at me while removing the guard on the clippers and throwing them aside, "bald." He brought the clippers up to his head, "want to do it together?"

 

I stared at him dumbfounded and speechless. He knows that i love running my fingers through his hair. But to be fair, he likes doing the same thing to me too. I put the pair of scissors down on the counter slowly. In a flash, the pair of scissors were gone, Seungcheol immediately taking them and throwing them in some random cupboard. I sighed, not realizing that i had sighed out loud. Seungcheol turned to me and lowered himself down to my eye level, something which I keep repeatedly asking myself how it is even possible since he is a whole lot taller than me. Doing whatever I could to avoid staring back into his gorgeous eyes, I looked everywhere but there, finding a sudden interest in the tiles on the floor.

 

"What's bothering you baby?" Seungcheol asked, putting his hand on my chin and forcing me to look into his eyes as he lifted my head.

 

"Nothing..." I mumbled, immediately diverting my eyes to the floor once again as I caught his eyes by accident.

 

"You're feeling frustrated, aren't you?" Seungcheol said softly, brushing my bangs away from my face. We stayed silent for what seemed like forever, before Seungcheol spoke again.

 

"You can cut you hair if you want."

 

The shock must have been evident in my eyes because Seungcheol chuckled and then smiled at me.

 

"Its your hair and if cutting it is going to make you feel better then go ahead baby."

 

Guilt washed over me as I looked into his eyes that were full of love and care. Seungcheol loves my hair and constantly asked me not to cut it and to keep it long. It touches my waist now and every time I feel frustrated, I always have the urge to take a pair of scissors and cut it off. I've managed to suppress the urge every time, because I knew that Seungcheol would be disappointed. This time is the only exception. Before I knew it, Seungcheol had placed the pair of scissors in my hand.

 

"Go ahead and cut it. I'll neaten it up for you afterwards"

 

"Do you even know how to cut hair?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him through the mirror.

 

"And you're saying that you do?" Seungcheol retorted, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. I snorted, my eyes once again focusing on my hair. Before Seungcheol even had time to gasp, I grabbed a handful of my hair and brought the scissors up to it, cutting it off.

 

"I-I didn't think that you would cut off that much..." his voice trailed off, his eyes flickering between my hair and the pile of hair on the floor. My hair was barely past my shoulders now and looking at the pile of hair on the floor, I've never felt better. I smiled slightly, not saying a thing. Moments after, I felt a warm hand take the pair of scissors from my hand.

 

"Do you want me to get a chair for you so that you can sit?"

 

I shook my head. If I sat down while he cut my hair, he will probably have back pain by the time he's done since I'm so short. I could feel him tugging at my hair gently as he dragged a comb through it. For the next twenty minutes, we stayed silent, with only the sound of scissors slicing through my hair filling the bathroom.

 

*snip snip*

"Is it okay?"

 

I diverted my attention back to my reflection in the mirror. Seungcheol ran his hand through my hair.

 

"Its so short now.." he trailed off, probably still in shock from the time I cut off the chunk of my hair.

 

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled, unable to look at him in the eye.

 

"What are you even apologising for? You still look beautiful to me, you always will," Seungcheol smiled at me. What have I done to deserve an angel like him?