hit or miss.

1 + 1:59 PM (revamping)

 

1st week of December…

 

Soon after finalizing the shoot and having some fun with the cast, Jisoo took the first plane back to the city. Acting was a whole different ball game that she enjoyed in participating. Even though she wasn’t sure when it was first given to her, she was glad that the company trusted her enough to be part of such an amazing drama.

 

She arrived so early in the morning while the rest of the members were still sleeping.

 

When she saw her building, it was only then did fatigue set in. Her body was asking for sleep. The rookie went straight to her unit, not wanting to disturb the other members’ sleep. All of them needed as much sleep as possible since December is one of the busiest seasons for idols.

 

Jisoo scanned her place and saw that nothing has changed. During the Jeju shoot, she missed the feeling of sleeping and her own bed and it made her smile that she would be able to do that.

 

“Home sweet Home.” she said tiredly and yet she couldn’t help but smile to herself.

 

She made a mental pause. The rookie idol just realized that she called her dorm ‘home’. Despite the hardships, she still considered this place home.

 

As soon as her had hit her pillow, she was already asleep. She would have continued with rest until a knock woke her up.

 

Groggily, she opened the door of her door to be welcomed by her gigantic hyung.

 

Her vision was so blurred that she couldn’t recognize the person in front of her, she could only make out of its silhouette. “Chansung-hyung?”

 

“Good Afternoon maknae!” He greeted cheerfully.

 

Afternoon?, Jisoo asked herself and tried her best to open her eyes and check the clock in the room. She didn’t get to change her clothes. She was too tired to do so.

 

It says, 2:30 PM.

 

She had been asleep for more than 10 hours but it felt like she had just closed her eyes.

 

“Hyung? Can we talk later? I think I won’t be able to stay awake. I’m still sleepy.”

 

“Jisoo~ You forgot to make breakfast and this is how you greet your hyung?!” Chansung made a child-like face in front of Jisoo, in which the maknae ignored. She was too tired to care.

 

Only with Chansung was she able to act true to herself.

 

“Hyung~” She whined but the older one didn’t care and welcomed himself in the maknae’s dorm.

 

“So… where’s the souvenir you promised me?” The older asked excitedly.

 

The rookie looked at him unfocused and replied in a slur. “It’s in the kitchen with a note attached to it.”

 

Then, she started going back to her room.

 

“Maknae!” Out of a sudden, Chansung yelled, charging towards Jisoo.

 

Jisoo was too sleepy to notice him. The next thing she knew was she was lifted in mid air and landed hard on the couch.

 

She slightly opened her eyes and asked. “What?”

 

“Jisoo! What the hell is this?!”

 

“Bananas.” She replied monotonously and then rested her head on the couch’s armrest. The feeling she had on her head was a mix of pounding and floating. She was not ready to wake up.

 

“I know they’re bananas but come on Jisoo! Do I seem like a MONKEY TO YOU?”

 

Jisoo didn’t bother lying and answered the disappointed idol. “Yes.”

 

Chansung’s mouth fell wide open in shock. He looked at her in disbelief and then his expression changed with a devious smile as he thought of something.

 

“Maknae… You’re gonna be sorry you said that.” Jisoo saw the glint of mischievous tone in his voice. At that point, she believed his threat.

 

The rookie tried to get away from his grasp but Chansung was clearly the stronger one. He started tickling her mercilessly.

 

Jisoo laughed until tears were coming from her eyes. Between her laughs, she tried to apologize. “H-hyung! I’m sor-ha-sorr-y. I take it ba-ck. I-I won’-t do it a-gain. I won’t buy you bananas next time!”

 

Once Chansung had decided on something, he won’t stop. He ignored Jisoo’s pleas and continued with the younger one’s punishment.

 

“Seriously?! Why of all things you could buy me from Jeju, you choose Bananas!” He grumbled like a young boy. His hands stopped moving, giving the maknae the opportunity to breathe properly.

 

Jisoo lay under Chansung, who was still hovering over her, as she gasped for air. “I didn’t know what to get you.” She confessed. “There was little time to shop. Blame it on CC, who kept on rushing me.”

 

The giant idol loosened his hold on her and Jisoo took the opportunity to slip away.

 

Then, Jisoo’s phone rang.

 

She answered with her eyes warily watching her hyung waiting for her.

 

“Jisoo, have you forgotten that you have a scheduled photoshoot for the special drama? They called me when you didn’t come on time.”

 

“Sorry hyung.” She bowed automatically even though the person was calling. It became a reflex ever since she got involved in the industry, she was bowing so much that her back hurt. “I just woke up.”

 

She heard the manager sigh. “Well, there’s nothing we could do about that. Take a quick shower and head downstairs, a car will be waiting for you and bring you to the studio.”

 

“Okay.” She answered and shut her phone.

 

Jisoo gave Chansung an apologetic look. “I think we should talk about this next time. I forgot that I had a schedule today. I’m already late.”

 

Chansung blinked and nodded in understanding. “So… I’ll see you later, I guess. You’ll make up for the bananas by cooking some of your delicious pasta.”

 

She laughed at how easily Chansung’s mood changes. All it takes was food.

 

---------

 

Jisoo can’t believe how taxing the photoshoot for the special drama she was included in.

 

She apologized a lot for missing her the scheduled time but eventually it was forgotten. There wasn’t enough time to be mad and annoyed. Everything needed to be finished as quickly as possible or else they wouldn’t be able to meet the deadline.

 

The hair fixes, the make-up retouches, tons of clothes and poses with and without the other co-stars. They were all overwhelming.

 

That was the first time, she experienced all those.

 

Plus, there was an interview where they were to promote the special drama. It was okay but after doing the changing, the hair and all other stuff, it felt very tiring.

 

It was thanks to her co-star, Yoona, she managed to do fine in the shoot. Over the course of the drama shoot among other things, she had somehow developed a friendship with the female idol. Jisoo even exchanged phone numbers with the fellow idol. It was a secret between them. As idols, it’s an occupational hazard to have overzealous fans. If someone heard that they’ve formed a bond, it might create a scandal.

 

Like the rest of her recent schedules, Jisoo returned home around midnight. It was a weekday. There were no people lurking around that time of the night. The night was peaceful and the air was cold.

 

She almost forgot that it was already December, the Christmas season. It made her think of her brother who was busy with his internship as a chef. She missed him so much but she doesn’t have the courage to talk to him. Her life is a little complicated at the moment and her brother might decide to come back if there was any hint in her voice that she wasn’t okay. If that happens, he’ll know the trouble she made for herself.

 

Jisoo shook her head to erase the thought of her brother and concentrated on her promise to JYP. So far, she managed to be close to Chansung. A month has passed and she was nowhere near to appease the anger the other members are feeling for her. As far as she could see, there’s still a long way to go.

 

Thinking of love ones wouldn’t do her any good, she reminded herself. Right now the most important thing was to get some rest because of the busy schedule ahead of her.

 

Just as expected her schedule was pretty busy but not as much as the rest of the group. Most of the time, she accompanied the whole group in various show even if she wasn’t part of the show. Jisoo’s only role was to support the group and pretend that their relationship wasn’t very good.

 

Truth to be told, she was bored to death. It only didn’t show.

 

All the time, she either sat in a corner or watches her co-members liven up the show with their wit and talent.

 

It was a great wonder to her how they could smile so happily in front of the camera while when they were with her, they turn cold.

 

She wished that sometime soon, they’ll all be friends with her.

 

Jisoo sighed and she was tired of watching the others. She decided to go roam around to pass the time. Their manager was busy watching the show’s progress to pay any attention to her. The idol went out of the studio quietly to get some time alone for herself. For the past couple of days, the constant presence of the members around her had made her edgy, unable to relax even at night.

 

Outside the studio, the hall was pretty much empty. As far as she knew, this was the only remaining studio open that night.

 

Her body ached from all the sitting and decided to stretch. It felt good to have her limbs being relieved of its discomfort.

 

She walked towards the lobby on the same floor, overlooking the city.

 

Bright lights traced the buildings below. They all seem brighter and livelier because of Christmas was getting closer and closer by the day.

 

It was also colder and she didn’t like it one bit. The cold made her feel lonelier.

 

Being an idol wasn’t a dream. She never thought about being one. Back when she was still living a normal life, she expected to be an artist or even a photographer. Dancing was for fun, to let go of reality.

 

But, when JYP came and offered her to be an idol, she wanted to try.

 

She expected hardships but nothing prepared her for this kind of hate.

 

There were times that she wanted to quit. It was JYP’s words that usually stopped her. He promised her finding something she had been searching for.

 

The feeling of belonging.

 

That promise was far from where she is at the moment.

 

Right this moment, she only felt alone. No one was there to welcome her.

 

Maybe Chansung would be happy that she was around. But for the others, she was a person they wanted to be out of their lives.

 

The youngest frowned slightly. Her thoughts were making her mood gloomy.

 

“Jisoo-sshi” The group’s manager called her from behind, looking slightly concerned. “Are you okay?”

 

She automatically smiled and assured him. “Just bored.”

 

He nodded, understanding the young idol. “Ah… Do you want to head back in the dorms? I can give you money for a cab.”

 

Jisoo shook her head, appreciating the older man’s concern. “I’m supposed to keep appearances.”

 

“I see. I do hope they’re not giving you a hard time.” Minjae, the manager patted her back, knowing that it was hard to deal with the group. Even he, the manager, have tried convincing the other members to give the youngest a chance but those guys were too stubborn. The manager could only support Jisoo the best he can.

 

“They haven’t.” She easily lied. She had gotten used to the members treat her coldly for the past. Ever since Chansung became her friend, there were no more ‘accidents’. At most, it would be cold treatments and verbal abuse behind closed doors.

 

The manager didn’t say anything more and ushered her back to the studio where the rest are recording for a show.

 

For the rest of the recording, she watched the others do their stuff like an obedient child. It ended later than they anticipated, draining all the energy from the members including the youngest. They were all tired, losing their usual animosity against Jisoo. Exiting the network company building silently, they got in the van quietly. The last to get on were the two youngest who saw nearest to the driver’s seat.

 

Nichkhun, Taecyon and Wooyoung were on the far back of the van already asleep. Even the ill-tempered Junsu and Junho were also sleeping soundly behind Sooji’s and Chansung’s seats.

 

Chansung tried to stay awake but being too busy for the winter season, he can’t resist the allure of rest. He unconsciously leaned his head on Jisoo’s direction. The rookie idol didn’t mind and let the older male have his well earned rest. In a couple of hours, they would be doing this all over again until the end of the month.

 

When they went back to their dorms, everyone went straight to bed. Unlike the rest of the members, Jisoo stayed awake to prepare food. Just like her usual nights, she started preparing for the group’s meal. Still, no one knew about this little secret of her except for Chansung. For as long as she can, she planned to keep it that way.

 

Since it was winter and the group barely had time to enjoy the food, the breakfast she planned was something light and easy to digest to keep their strength throughout the day. It was easy to prepare and after that she set her alarm to prepare the hot drinks before the others wake up.

 

 

 

A smile rose from her face when she saw happy expressions from everyone as they dig in to their breakfast.

 

“What are you smiling about?”

 

“Nothing hyung. The food is just delicious.” She casually lied. She was used to their usual treatment. Somehow she had developed immunity to their attitudes.  

 

Junho grumbled something, Jisoo couldn’t hear, but Chansung heard it and defended her.

 

“Like you weren’t? Don’t you dare deny it. I saw you smiling like a lunatic as you savor each bite.”

 

This caused snickers to erupt from the others. Junho glared at them and then directed his gaze at the former maknae. “Watch it Chansung. I might be able to be a nice hyung for you.”

 

“You haven’t been nice for a while… hyung.”

 

His response caused a tense atmosphere in the room. Everyone ate their food quietly as they discretely watched Junho and Chansung send each other glares.

 

But it suddenly dissipated once JYP called their dorm. He informed them personally that starting from that day Jisoo will be a fully functioning member of 2PM.

 

This caused Jisoo to be excited but kept it to herself when she noticed Taecyon and Junsu, looking like they wanted to break something.

 

Chansung was happy for her as well as their manager.

 

Somehow, it was enough for her not to lose her spirit.

 

That day, she was going to participate in her first variety show appearance: STRONG HEART.

 

It was a Christmas special that records up to 2 episodes worth of film.

 

The show reserved 4 seats for them. That was big deal, knowing that not many idol groups get to occupy more than 2 seats per group.

 

The only one who was able to do that was Super Junior.

 

But because of their growing popularity with their new song ‘Heartbeat’, and almost like coming from the ashes after the scandal, 2PM was the hottest thing in the industry.

 

Taecyon and Nichkhun was the usual line-up in variety shows but because they can’t go due to their commercial shoot.

 

Wooyoung volunteered not to go and it only left the other four to attend the show.

 

Despite being picked as a last resort, Jisoo was excited to be finally contributing in the group activities.

 

This show was the only major event she had attended other than the drama she had been part of.

 

As soon as they finished their breakfast, everyone got ready. Taecyon and Nichkhun went ahead with their other manager for a commercial while Wooyoung headed out to the gym.

 

Junsu, Junho, Chansung and Jisoo were the last to leave the dorm and went to SBS.

 

Their manager briefed them to prepare a story. It was their choice if it would be funny, romantic or sad, but he warned them not to mention anything about the scandal. If it was brought up, they were instructed to answer it with statements that won’t cause alarm.

 

All four members were dressed casually that was perfect for winter season. Jisoo was glad that they were not requires to wear suits.

 

Before the show started with the recording, Jisoo was clustered with her group mates. It was awkward since Junsu was. Chansung was there but at the moment, he was busy talking to other idols.

 

She wanted to talk to somebody but she knew no one. Everyone was wary about her. As the rumor goes in the industry, she was an outsider.

 

She discovered this fact when she came across a couple of staff members as well as the stylist in their company gossiping about her relationship with the members.

 

Luckily, the show started as scheduled as planned.

 

Happy faces were on everyone’s faces as the hosts, Lee Seunggi and Kang Hodong started the show.

 

Jisoo was behind Junsu and Chansung’s seats.

 

Her heart started pounding hard and the nervous jitters started crawling under her skin. She took calming breaths and reminded her that there was nothing to get nervous about.

 

Before she could compose herself, the curtain separating them from the audience falls and she immediately put on a fake smile.

 

Lee Seunggi and Kang Hodong started introducing the main guests for the show. After School’s Kahi was there and she greeted the audience with her beautiful smile.

 

They were called next and somehow, her nervousness disappeared that she was able to put on a real smile.

 

Junsu and Chansung were called first. It amazed Jisoo on how they were able to project themselves confidently and catch the audience attention. They were totally different from their real selves. It was like they have an off and on switch to their personal and professional selves.

 

“Now let us introduce 2PM’s new member, Jisoo!”

 

Monotonic applause played as she put on a smile and bowed.

 

“Jisoo, how does it feel to be a part of a popular idol group, 2PM?”

 

“It’s a surreal feeling. Every day I wake up wondering if it’s a dream. It’s an honor to be a part of it.”

 

“Ah really? There are rumours that you and the others aren’t getting along.”

 

On the screen, she saw Junsu and Junho’s body stiffened. Chansung was also caught off-guard by the question but didn’t let it show on his face.

 

Somehow, the youngest among the four expected that sooner or later people will ask this question that it didn’t surprise.

 

She chuckled. “I think people shouldn’t be shocked if I said that it’s true.”

 

The hosts, celebrities including the audience were surprised that she admitted to it.

 

“Everyone is having a hard time. It’s not easy to be part of a group that has been together for years ever since their trainee days. In my opinion it’s only natural for us to have arguments. It’s not always but relationships get better with time, don’t they?”

 

Lee Seunggi smiled at her answer and nodded. “You wouldn’t think someone as young as him would answer like he’s a veteran celebrity.”

 

“Yes. And how long have you been a trainee?” Hodong asked.

 

“A month.” She answered simply.

 

“A month?! You’ve been scouted where?” Lee Seunggi asked as he checked his cue cards.

 

“A man under JYP saw me at a club with my friends. It a club where my friends and I used to hang.”

 

“You must be really talented to debut after a month.” Kang Hodong commented.

 

Jisoo sheepishly smiled and modestly answered. “Not really. I was just lucky.”

 

Both MCs including some celebrities didn’t seem to believe him. “Did you really plan to be an idol?”

 

“No. I thought about being a professional dancer. It would be tough but dancing was all that I’ve known besides some other things.” This was the truth. Dancing was an outlet which she enjoyed. She would be lucky if she was able to get a job as a dancer. Nothing was certain in her career. One serious injury will destroy the possibility of that.

 

“Would you care to show us some of your dancing skills?” Hodong asked.

 

“Sure.”

 

As cued, everyone applauded as she went to the center of the open area on the stage.

 

She breathed in and waited for the music to play.

 

Mike Posner’s Please don’t go started playing.

 

She started slow and then moved through the music with a smooth glide.

 

Jisoo danced along the song with a flare that moved according to the beat as if she was the one dictating where the song was going.

 

She didn’t do anything flashy that could result in an injury. She was careful enough but showed a few tricky dance steps like a slow wave and then a pop at the end. Once in a while, she approached the audience and some of the celebrities. Chansung joined him in the middle of the song and they did a flip with Chansung acting as a booster.

 

When the song ended, everyone was clapping their hands.

 

She bowed gratefully with Chansung and went back to her seat.

 

“Now I know why JYP had to have you.”

 

“Eunhyuk should watch out for you.” Leeteuk, Super Junior’s leader commented as a joke to his fellow member.

 

“He is a great dancer, but I’m better looking.” Eunhyuk tried to boast.

 

“Sorry Eunhyuk but I think everyone would agree that you lost in the face department. Lee Sooman-nim, can we take Jisoo-sshi instead?” Shindong jokingly said.

 

Everyone laughed and the hosts moved on to the next celebrity.

 

Other than 2PM, celebrities like Kim Taewoon and Son Dambi were present. Each celebrity was bringing their own material, with intent to win the trophy for the best story in Strong Heart for that episode. Junsu and Junho had their stories shared. Junsu told an embarrassing moment with the group while Junho shared a story about a near death experience. Chansung also shared his story about his first experience on stage.

 

Everyone enjoyed their time. Jisoo felt she really belonged.

 

In the recording, everyone’s story was called. Her story was called and it wasn’t really eye-catching. It was about her brother but because she was Jisoo, she wrote the title “For the hyung that guided me…”

 

“For the hyung that guided me…” Kang Hodong read. “Would you care to tell us what it is about the meaning behind the title?”

 

“I just want to take this opportunity to thank him. For as long as I could remember, my parents have been going abroad to work. I usually with my relatives but when I was old enough, I lived by myself. My parents would usually stay for a while and then leave soon as a new project comes up.”

 

“When was the last time you saw your parents?” Lee Seunggi asked.

 

“About six months ago, I think.” She lied easily. Memories of her parents were almost a blur now. She never liked to think about them since they don’t bring good memories for her. It always reminded her of the moment she wished never happened.

 

People were quiet. It was unusual for idols to be open about this personal information.

 

“It’s was hard but I never hated my parents. They’re doing their best to support me and I respect that but sometimes you just can’t help but be angry at them for not being there when you needed them. I met this hyung when I was attending my dance practice. He was a senior and he’s been teaching some of the other students like me. Somehow, I got close to him and he became like a brother to me.”

 

She smiled, remembering her brother throughout the years they’ve spent together, supporting each other when there was no one else. The only family she really cared about is her brother. Their relatives had always been distant. Not once did they call to ask how they were. It was too much of a burden for them to support 2 abandoned relatives.

 

“He would usually visit me at home and actually cook. He had a liking for cooking and I would taste his newly made recipes. That hyung became my support system. It’s been more than a year since we last saw each other. He’s in Japan, studying to be a culinary chef. I even heard that he’s got himself a girlfriend.”

 

Kang Hodong smiled and praised her brother. “Jisoo-sshi is really lucky to have a hyung like that.”

 

“Yeah. I think this would be a great opportunity to make a video message. Am I right?” Lee Seunggi replied to his co-MC.

 

“Say what you want to tell this friend of yours.” Kang Hodong agreed and gestured to Jisoo to go ahead.

 

The young idol nodded and cleared before starting.

 

“Hyung… I know if you saw this, you’ll be surprised. You’ve told me that this path would be hard but I’m not regretting choosing to be an idol. It’s fun and I’m learning a lot. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you when we last spoke on the phone but please trust me that I know what I’m doing.

 

Thank you for being there for me when there was no one else helping me with my struggles. I wish when we see each other next time, we’ll be able to talk more and tell me about your adventures in Japan. I’ll make you proud.”

 

People applauded her speech. Jisoo was relieved that people actually liked it. There was no lie in those words and she hoped that her brother would understand the choices she made.

 

Her story won against one of the guest but lost in the end with one of the veteran celebrities. It didn’t seem to matter to her.

 

All she cared about was it wasn’t rejected.

 

The whole recording lasted about 5 hours. Whenever a recording for this type of shows ends, Jisoo always admired the people involved in it. It was no joke not only for the celebrities but the production team as well. The time and effort to do everything was amazing. He was only there for only 5 hours and he was dead tired already. Smiling and listening was also tiring. It was hard to pay attention the whole time. She may have taken a nap in one or two occasions.

 

Her energy was almost depleted and all she could think about was having some sleep. Jisoo thought that there wouldn’t be any problems as she got home. Luck wasn’t on her side.

 

Jisoo was behind the three 2PM members as they went down the underground parking. Their manager walked a few paces ahead of them and was busy checking their next schedule and calling the other members.

 

Junsu took this opportunity to attack her.

 

They stopped walking and Junsu suddenly faced her with the glare that had been a constant reminder that she was hated.

 

“You really think that people would sympathize with you with that fake pathetic story?!”

 

Junho snickered.      

 

Their maknae looked shocked at Junsu, who harshly accused her story to be a fabrication. “Hyung.”

 

“I told you not to call me that!” He harshly whispered.

 

Junsu was being careful. Fans could be lurking anywhere and even a parking lot is still a dangerous place.

 

“I’ve told you countless times that you wouldn’t last. People will still hate you for ruining this group.”

 

Her whole body trembled. She didn’t expect this. All she did was tell something about her life, showing people that she’s just like them. She didn’t know it would affect Junsu like this.

 

“Hyung. Please take it back. You don’t know anything about him.” Chansung suddenly stepped in between them.

 

Junsu stepped back a little and turned his attention to Chansung.

 

“And you do?!” The older asked sarcastically.

 

The younger one didn’t flinch at the older idol’s glare and calmly answered. “Not much, but at least it is more than you know.”

 

Junsu lost it and grabbed Chansung by the collar. “Disrespectful-”

 

Junho saw it and tried to stop his friend from punching Chansung.

 

“Junsu!” Their manager called. He just finished with his calls. “I’m warning you. I won’t hesitate to report this if you continue.”

 

No one moved for a moment. Junsu’s hold on Chansung’s collar was tight but he let go before he lost it again.

 

He went ahead without looking back and Junho followed without a word.

 

Chansung and Jisoo were left behind and their manager approached them with a sigh.

 

“I suggest you transfer to Jisoo’s unit for a while. It might not be good if you stay with them.” He told the two while pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

It was becoming quite a problem for him. More than a month has passed and still, there was no change with the other guys’ behaviour. He had mentioned it to JYP but the man still held firm in his decision. Even if he tried persuading the boss, he knew there was no hope in it. All he could wish was no one would end up beaten up.

 

Chansung nodded and pushed Jisoo towards their van. The youngest looked terrified and hadn’t made a move since Junsu’s outburst.

 

 

---------------------

 

 

Chansung’s things were packed within the first ten minutes he stepped inside the dorm.

 

No one among Taecyon, Nichkhun and Wooyoug, wondered why.

 

They were in the same side as Junsu and they knew that Chansung was friends with Jisoo.

 

Jisoo felt sorry for the ex-maknae and asked.

 

“Are you sure this is alright, Chansung-hyung?” Jisoo whispered.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Junsu-hyung is having a hard time just like the others.” Chansung assured her.

 

“Thank you for always helping me.” She shyly said.

 

The ex-maknae just laughed and ruffled her hair. “Don’t mention it. I was just like them when I first met you, if you remember.”

 

“The past doesn’t matter. We’re friends now.” She smiled.

 

He returned her smile and dangled his arm on Jisoo’s shoulder. “Come on. Let’s hurry back to my new bedroom. Your scene will be premiering tonight!”

 

They were just in time for the premiere of the drama. Both of them were on the couch watching as the screens shows the first scene.

 

It was the scene from Jeju island. It was already snowing and Jisoo was wearing a beanie looking all sickly with Yoona in his arms.

 

They were conversing about how they first met and the starting scene of their love story started.

 

The first scene of their story showed the older cast passing by when Yoona came into the scene on a bike.

 

She stopped on a nearby bakery when she smelled a wonderful aroma coming from it.

 

Then goes Jisoo coming out from the Kitchen and then Eunjung drinking coffee on a nearby table. Yoona comes in and watches Jisoo place the newly baked bread on display. That was when Lee Joon with his guitar comes in and greets Jisoo.

 

The 2pm idol didn’t tell Chansung the whole story. She only mentioned her role in it.

 

She was a baker in the story and Lee Joon was her best friend who was a musician. Yoona fell in love with Jisoo’s baking skills and begged to be an apprentice. At first Jisoo rejected her but since he was short of staff, he had to accept Yoona. Lots of mishaps happened with Yoona around but eventually they fell in love. Jisoo’s character didn’t want to admit it but he fell for her hard. He was planning to confess his feelings until he found out that he was sick. Yoona confessed to him and he rejected her feelings. Lee Joon saw what happened and Jisoo told him the truth. Lee Joon told him that he was a fool and punched him hard. He realized his mistake and ran to catch up with her, but he was too late. He fainted in the middle of the street and woke up in a hospital. There, he saw Yoona holding his hand and he cried. He told her about his sickness. She cried and called him a fool. Even though their future was uncertain, they wanted it to work. They kissed and the scene goes to the trip in Jeju island. They were looking at the vast open sea and thought about their future. Jisoo wanted to break it off for he will die in the near future but Yoona was stubborn and wouldn’t let go of him. She told him that even in the afterlife she wouldn’t let go of him. The scene ended with Jisoo kissing Yoona’s forehead murmuring ‘I love you’ to her.

 

The scene ends with a snapshot photo of a pale Jisoo and an energetic Yoona smiling brightly.

 

Chansung playfully smacked Jisoo’s head which shocked the maknae. “You sneaky bastard! I never knew you had it in you! You did great for a first-timer and you’re really lucky to be paired with Yoona. Tell how was she?”

 

 

Jisoo couldn’t help but blush at the possible meaning of his statement. “Hyung what do you mean?! Yoona’s very nice to me. She taught me how to express my character without looking over the top.”

 

“I meant the kiss.” He told her.

 

“We didn’t really kiss.” It was getting awkward for her that she stood up and went to the kitchen.

 

The tall idol stood up and followed her.

 

“Fine don’t tell me. Keep all to yourself.” The ex-maknae joked while he helped the youngest clean up. “So… What are you getting for yourself this Christmas?”

 

The youngest thought for a minute and took the bowl from Chansung. “Not sure yet. I guess I better start planning what to prepare for Christmas. JYP won’t be letting us off especially this time of the year.” She shrugged.

 

“Speaking of the busiest year… We’re teamed up for Gayo Daejun. I think we’ll be teaming up with Jokwon hyung, and Doojoon from B2ST.”

 

“I’m guessing the theme is a little unconventional? ” She asked, placing the bowl at the rack.

 

“Well…  boy groups dancing to girl dances are becoming quite a fad. It’s the same for girls. Most of the companies expected that would be the theme.”

 

She mentally groaned. Even as her real self, feminine dances tend to look awkward for her. For some reason, although she was biologically female her body doesn’t move the same way as other girls do. She couldn’t wrap herself at the idea of her dancing femininely.

 

“I don’t think I could imagine anyone especially Taecyon sunbae dancing to a girl group song.”

 

“Believe me when I say that he loves it.” Chansung grinned. “Don’t worry I think the organizers will go easy on you.”

 

“I sure do hope so.” She prayed they would.

 

----------------

 

Christmas came by without the idols realizing it.  Fans sent presents and everyone was excited to see what they sent.

 

Unfortunately, no one had time to check them. Everyone was busy with their schedules. By the time they came back from their promotions, fanmeets and other activities, they were too tired to think about anything except sleep.

 

Jisoo like the rest of her co-members didn’t have time. She still hasn’t called her friends even her brother. She knew that soon, she had to come clean with them.

 

Then… the biggest events of the year came.

 

SBS GAYO DAEJUN, KBS MUSIC FESTIVAL and MBC’S MUSIC FESTIVAL.

 

It was the most grueling 3-day event that every popular idol must participate.

 

Jisoo was seriously had her heart pounding like crazy despite the usual calm and cheerful demeanour her co-members saw her as.

 

This was the biggest event of the year and she couldn’t afford to mess up. It was the time to show them that she’s really part of the group.

 

She observed the others who were either chatting with the other members or looking aimlessly. They were also nervous. It was the first event they attended without their leader, Park Jaebum.

 

“It’s time. Smile.” The manager’s words brought everyone’s attention to him.

 

The youngest took a deep breath and told herself, “Nothing bad will happen. Relax”.

 

Then, the door of the van opened.

 

Dressed in a crisp all white suit with a checkered tie and the makeup that make her and the rest of 2PM’s skin looked flawless, they walked out of their van and smiled to the cameras waiting for them outside.

 

Taecyon led the group, followed by Junsu and the rest followed.

 

Jisoo was last, next to Chansung. Chansung had somehow attached himself to Jisoo, making news among their fans. Some had been positive, but there were others that were not-so-nice. Either way, the former maknae didn’t seem to care what the public thinks. He was the same cheerful eating giant that she knew.

 

2PM waved coolly at the crowd and posed at the reserved section for the interview.

 

It was nothing Jisoo had ever seen. It was scary and exhilarating at the same time. The large crowd and the long red carpet was enough to intimidate her.

 

Fans were chanting for their favourite idols and reporters were all over. Other celebrities were still coming and Jisoo was in awe. She didn’t notice that she was losing herself in her thoughts.

 

The manager had to call her attention to make her focus.

 

Taecyon acted as the leader and introduced the group. They ended with their signature pose as 2PM.

 

Like every celebrity that walked this red carpet, they were interviewed for a few short words in order to bring highlight to them. With 2PM’s member changes, as usual the spotlight fell on the youngest. Everything was all going as planned until one of the reporters outside interviewed Jisoo.

 

That was when it happened.

 

“Tell us Jisoo, how it feels to be in your first biggest event. This is your first major event as part of the group.” One reporter put his microphone nearer to the idol.

 

Camera flashes continued and video cameras continued to roll, making it hard to notice anything unusual. Jisoo couldn’t even see the reporter that asked her that was interviewing her. She did her best not to squint and smiled at the camera.

 

“It’s overwhelming. From the sights and sounds, everything is just surreal. I’m really happy to be able to participate in such a large event and I’m pretty nervous about the per-”

 

SPLAT.

 

It hit Jisoo on the upper corner of her right eye, forcing her to close her eyes. The unknown substance burns but as soon as it hit her, another one hit her on the shoulder.

 

Jisoo’s smiled froze and shakily brought her hands on the slimy substance oozing down her face.

 

She brought her hand in front of her as she opened her eyes and saw that it was an egg that hit her.

 

Rotten Eggs.


At last I managed to write a new chapter...

Thanks for reading!