Dedication

Summer Conversion

 

 

The day has come! Kyungsoo is finally coming over! Chanyeol was so excited for his arrival that he cleaned his entire room until it began sparkling, and made sure that the rest of the house is just as pleasant. His parents are going to be out in the evening until very late at night, which means he will be fully in charge of the cooking tasks for his expected guest. Chanyeol was a pretty decent cook, so along with creating his own home-made strawberry flavoured cold beverage, he also prepared some dough ahead of time to let it rest and bloat while Kyungsoo is here.

There couldn't have been better timing. Right when his parents stepped out the door to leave, Chanyeol heard them greeting someone, so when he got up from the couch to check who it was, he saw Kyungsoo bowing down to the two of them with respect. Ah.. He is so cute. Since it was just a simple hang out with a possible sleepover, Kyungsoo was wearing a plain dark green shirt, grey joggers, and held a little bag that most likely contained nothing more than his phone , toothbrush and toothpaste. It seems this outfit would also be his pajama for the night. That's perfect, since Chanyeol was dressed nearly the same just in different colors.

"Kyungsoo-yah~! Welcome! Come in, come in." Chanyeol quickly went to him and after he stepped inside, also gestured for him to take off his shoes.
"Feel at home, the house is all ours tonight anyway." He smiled at Kyungsoo.
"Thank you, it smells good." Kyungsoo mentioned with a nod and walked past Chanyeol, looking around to be reminded of the house's structure. The last time he saw this place, it was still packed with many cardboard boxes. 

Chanyeol was struck when Kyungsoo walked past him. He left a trail of soapy clean fresh smell behind him. Ah.. This scent is so pleasant. While the two walked towards the living room Chanyeol leaned slightly forwards and sniffed Kyungsoo's head without him noticing. Shortly after they sat down Toben came running  to greet Kyungsoo. An immidiate smile spread across his lips when he saw the puppy approaching him. Chanyeol took the opportunity and brought the special drink he prepared.

"So what do you think? I made it myself. Since your lemonade was so good! I told you I'd make one as well." He smiled widely, sitting down and sipping while waiting for Kyungsoo's reaction with anticipation.
"Owah, it's delicious." Kyungsoo's eyes widened a little bit after he took the first sip,  he quickly proceeded taking many more sips of the drink.
"Woohoo! I succeeded!" Chanyeol laughed cheerfully, and Kyungsoo's smile suggested the case was indeed so.

Quickly after finishing their drinks the two went upstairs to Chanyeol's room. Kyungsoo complimented the order and cleaniness, which made Chanyeol happy that he spent so much time making sure it was presentable. Chanyeol noticed Kyungsoo's interest in the various musical instruments in the room, so they spent a long time just talking about his passion for music. He played some of his works for Kyungsoo and without much success, tried to teach him a simple melody on the keyboard. Even if he couldn't follow the steps correctly, it seems he had a good time just trying to play. Chanyeol also finally had the chance to tell Kyungsoo about his audition and his future career, to which Kyungsoo responded with a lot of support.

When their stomachs began rumbling they went back down to the kitchen. Without being given any instructions Kyungsoo understood the reason for the dough right away. The two blended the tomato sauce together and spread it on the flattened dough, topping with a thick layer of cheese. They had so much fun, just spending this time with each other. Laughing a lot and smiling a lot. Even though Kyungsoo only responded if he was looking at Chanyeol speaking, he didn't mind repeated his sentences even a hundred times for Kyungsoo.
While waiting for the pizza to cook in the oven they began teasing and playing with little Toben. Creating a sort of maze or obstacle course of cushions all around the floor. Toben clearly didn't understand any of it, but continued particitpating in the activities with excitement. 

Chanyeol brought the pizza and more of the strawberry drink to the living room's coffee table, spotting Kyungsoo sitting calmly and Toben who became sleepy by now on his lap. Chanyeol could get used to it. It'd be so nice if Kyungsoo would come more often. He a movie on the big screen to accompany the pizza chews. Kyungsoo was captivated by the movie immediately. Chanyeol tried to speak with him during the movie a few times, but it seems he was really focused on the subtitles to pay attention to Chanyeol's words and comments. That's alright, they could share their opinion of the movie when it ends instead.

Indeed that's what they did. The movie wasn't as much of a success as the pizza, but they spent about thirty minutes discussing the meaning of the plot. The hours passed faster than the two of them realized, and their tiredness took over them pretty quick. After brushing their teeth right next to each other in the bathroom and trying not to burst out in laughter and spray the entire mirror with toothpaste, they went into Chanyeol's room.

Chanyeol knew there was one thing he forgot.. He forgot to mention that they do not yet have a spare bed or mattress for a situation in which they have guests over for a night, like right now. After explaning the case to Kyungsoo he noticed that boy became slightly nervous. Maybe he shouldn't have said it, did it make Kyungsoo feel unwelcome? It was really not the intention, it is only because they only recently moved in here.. He can't let Kyungsoo sleep on the sofa in the living room.. If anything, he should be the one doing it to allow his guest to have a better sleep. After offering the suggestion to Kyungsoo he recieved an intense decline. Kyungsoo is way too modest and humble to allow Chanyeol to sleep in the living room instead of his own bed.

"Kyungsoo-yah, what if we just share the bed? It's big enough to contain the two of us. It's a double one, you know." Chanyeol came up with the idea. 
It's not such a revolutionary one though. There were a few times in the past few days when he imagined how it'd be to share a bed with Kyungsoo at night. Their body sizes are very compatible, and in such a big bed there would definitely be enough space for the two to lay comfortably.
"Share the bed..? I never did before.." The boy mumbled as a pink shade became visible on his plump cheeks. Ah.. So cute.
"Hahaha, don't worry. It's just for one night, if it wont be comfortable I promise I'd go to the couch, alright?" Chanyeol managed to convince him at the end.

The two were lying on their backs in the bed and looking up at the ceiling for a little while before Kyungsoo rolled on his side, showing his back to Chanyeol. He heard a soft 'Good night' from the other, and smiled to himself. 

"Good night Kyungsoo-yah~"

He expected to hear a response, but there was nothing. That's alright. Maybe he really is trying to fall asleep. It was silent and peaceful, he could only hear the soft breeze outside brushing against the glass of his window above the bed. His eyes slowly wandered around the outlines of Kyungsoo's body underneath the blanket. And he moved a tiiini tiny bit closer to him. Ah, here it is again. Kyungsoo's scent. It was so soft and pleasant.. Just like Kyungsoo himself.
Chanyeol struggled really hard not to just wrap the other in a hug. He would be able to drown in the scent if they were closer, but it would be too awkward to get this close to Kyungsoo. Especially since it's his first time over and.. Well, as much as he has fallen for Kyungsoo, they are both guys. Chanyeol has no idea if Kyungsoo would like such a thing. If he feels the same.. Gah! He needs to stop thinking about it. In a situation like this, if he let's his mind wander too far it could get dangerous.

The night passed successfully, Chanyeol was the first to wake up, and found himself covered with only a little bit of the blanket in his side, while Kyungsoo was wrapped in the rest of it like a burrito. Chanyeol nearly cracked into laughter and had to cover his mouth to hold his voice in. This is too much, Kyungsoo is just too darn cute!
He was lying with the blanket covering him even above the head. Only his face was exposed to the air, and his cheeks were squeezed against the pillow in such an adorable manner, that instead of moving Chanyeol grabbed his phone and took a picture from three different angles. This will be his own guilty secret. He cannot let such an opportunity pass.

---

Two weeks have passed. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo continued spending the days and the nights with each other. So far they slept in Chanyeol's place 4 times, and 2 times in Kyungsoo's. They have become so much closer, and so much more attached, that Chanyeol could sense Kyungsoo was radiating with happiness whenever they were together. Along with the sharp positive shift in Kyungsoo's behaviour, he began talking a lot more than before as well. Even if some of his words were mispronounced, he and Chanyeol would spend hours just sitting and talking about everything. Chanyeol enjoyed and treasured every moment of it. Long ago he had already abandoned all of what the city has taught him, and absorbed all of the morals of this town's heart.

Today not only was he feeling great because Kyungsoo was supposed to come over for lunch, but also because he had some great news to inform him of.
Kyungsoo arrived right on time, and was greeted at the door by Chanyeol's father, who by now already called Kyungsoo the same way as Chanyeol, and even pat his head when he walked inside. The two families have become one thanks to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's close bond.
The Parks ate together with Kyungsoo at their dining table, and Chanyeol was quieter than Kyungsoo used to be at the beginning, because he was just so happy that Kyungsoo himself is participating in the conversations and feeling at home. 
Ah.. This boy really captured him. Chanyeol was no longer ashamed to admit it to himself.

"Kyungsoo-yah!! I have exciting news!!" Chanyeol chanted with excitement after the two sat down in his room.
"Yes? What is it?" Kyungsoo's eyes focused up at Chanyeol with curiousity. Chanyeol began thumping his knees with his hands to create a drumroll, and then pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.
"I got accepted!! I got the job!! I'm going to publish my own album!!" He called out loudly and raised his arms in the air with victory before clapping to himself enthusiastically.
"WHOA!! Congratulations Chanyeolie!!" Kyungsoo called out and stood back up on his feet, clapping with excitement and a huge bright smile. The two began dancing with their hips and arms in a very silly way before bursting into an uproar of laughter.
"Thank you Kyungsoo-yah.. Ahh.. I'm so happy..!!" Chanyeol said with an emotional voice cupped his own face with his hands before stepping closer to Kyungsoo and hugging around him. Kyungsoo tightened the hug with his own arms before the two were freed again.

To celebrate the event, Kyungsoo invited all of the Park family over to their house for a dinner the next day. It felt like heaven, it felt like Chanyeol was a son of two sets of parents. He didn't yet meet Kyungsoo's father, nor his older brother that serves in the army, but if the two Do family members are this amazing, there's no way the rest wouldn't be. The evening went wonderfully. The food was incredible, as expected from two of the best cooks Chanyeol has ever known, and the atmosphere was really uplifting.

"Here, it's for you." Kyungsoo handed him a little wrapped box when they were saying goodbye to each other for the day. Since Chanyeol stayed for a little while longer after the dinner, to hang with Kyungsoo.
"Wha, it's a gift? Did you get it for me?" Chanyeol stared at his shorter friend surprised.
"Yes, it's for what you love doing, open it!" Kyungsoo rushed him with a chuckle, and kept looking at Chanyeol's face to see his reaction.

After unfolding the neat wrappers, Chanyeol opened the little box and found a white pick inside, along with a little folded hand written note. The pick had a little music note carved into it and dyed in black.
Did.. Did Kyungsoo get it for him..? Did he go all the way to the big city to order this special pick just for Chanyeol..?

He felt like his heart was going to burst, and his hands began shaking. He looked down at Kyungsoo as if he was frozen in time for a bit, before almost glomping him down to the ground in a tight hug. 

"Kyungsoo-yaaaaaahhhh~!!" He called out in almost a whine with his arms wrapped tightly around Kyungsoo's shoulders.
"I guess you like it." Kyungsoo said calmly, and he could hear the smile in his voice. He felt Kyungsoo's arms sliding up on his sides before reaching the back of his head. Kyungsoo's fingers began through his hair locks, and it felt like the best thing he could have experienced in his entire life.
"I am really thankful, Kyungsoo-yah. Thank you." He said sincerely right next to Kyungsoo's head in the hug, and for a change, he knew that Kyungsoo heard him, because he began his back with his hand.
"I am proud, so you better use it, okay Chanyelie?" Kyungsoo broke the hug between them and looked right up at Chanyeol's face with a confident smile. His glasses were slightly tilted due to being squeezed a moment ago, which made him look really goofy despite his serious tone.
"Got it." Chanyeol's smile just wouldn't leave his face no matter how hard he tried to loosen the muscles.

---

Everything seems to be going perfectly for Chanyeol so far, that was until he came back from his first day at the company. He met marvelous talented new people there, along with Jongin and Baekhyun that by now are back to normal friendship with him again. It was mostly a sort of a tour rather than actual work day, but he knew that this was the place for him. Chanyeol always had great passion for music, and he knew that this job will make his dream come true.
When he got back Chanyeol decided to drop a short visit to the Do's house to tell Kyungsoo all about his new profession. After ringing the bell he stood at their door with a smile and hummed to himself until it was opened. Kyungsoo's mother stood in front of him.

"Ah, Hello Chanyeol. I am sorry, but Kyungsoo isn't here right now, is there anything I can do for you instead?" She smiled at him, but something about her smile seemed a little off.
"Good afternoon Ms. Do. Is he going to be back anytime soon? I don't mind waiting." Chanyeol replied with his own smile.
"I'm afraid not. He will be coming back home only in two more days." The way she explained it was very calm, but it looked like something was bothering her. Maybe it's better to just be patient and not push on her too much.
"Thank you! Have a great day!" Chanyeol bowed before turning and leaving back to his own house. It was odd, Kyungsoo didn't say a word about going anywhere for so many days.

When Chanyeol finally reached his room he noticed the curtains in Kyungsoo's room were shut completely. Normaly they are open during the day. Maybe it's because he isn't home. Instead of worrying too much about it, Chanyeol decided to begin working on his music once again. He wanted to learn from the best at the company and become even better at creating his own music.

It's been days now. Chanyeol hasn't spoken with Kyungsoo yet. He couldn't ignore his own worry, and kept sending texts to Kyungsoo. For the first day or two, the other still replied. Even if the answers were short and cold, it was something. But now, after how knows how many days, Kyungsoo completely stopped texting back. He doesn't answer the calls either, which is normal, but the lack of texts is worrying. What happened to him? Wasn't he supposed to be back already? 

Chanyeol took the initiative and went to the Do's house. He asked Kyungsoo's mother for more details of Kyungsoo's whereabouts, but to no avail. She kept repeating that he isn't home, and from the fact that the curtains remained shut this entire time, he actually believed her.
That is why, when he finally noticed some movement from behind Kyungsoo's curtains, he realized that he had actually been there the entire time. It was one night when Chanyeol felt unexpectedly lonely that he kept staring at Kyungsoo's window, hoping to see something. He really did. The curtain moved a little, and Kyungsoo's head popped from behind it and looked through the glass. It really surprised him at first, but right when Kyungsoo caught a glimpse of Chanyeol, he hid himself back behind the curtains.

"Ms. Do, please! I know Kyungsoo is there.. Please let me see him? Please tell me what is wrong." Chanyeol begged Kyungsoo's mother at the door the next day.
"Dear, I am terribly sorry.. There is nothing I can do.. I tried telling him many times but he keeps instructing me to tell you he isn't there.." She wasn't smiling anymore. She just looked sad and tired. Chanyeol felt a twist in his heart when he understood her expression. Something happened and she knows what it is.. But Kyungsoo is telling her to keep shut about it to Chanyeol. 

Why? What could have happened that'd push Kyungsoo away?

But Chanyeol wasn't one to give up. Especially not on a person that gave him an actual mental cleanse of soul by being by his side. Kyungsoo occupied more than Chanyeol realized inside his heart, and there is no way he is going to keep quiet and forget about him just like that.
Chanyeol had a better idea. If he can't reach Kyungsoo by talking, maybe he could reach him with his music. He already began doing it anyway, but the issues with Kyungsoo only gave him even more motivation.

The very first song he is going to compose at it's fullest is going to be dedicated to Kyungsoo. He already began working on the melody, and the lyrics were nearly completed as well. It was a story about a boy that always paints in the middle of the field in the summer. 
It's a story about how the first thing you notice is the parasol, protecting him from the hot sun. About how he is a package that contains all of the good things people see in others. It's a story about how he effortlessly creates masterpieces on the canvases. It's a story about how deeply in love the singer is with the boy standing in the golden field.

If Kyungsoo hears this song, he will definitely understand exactly what Chanyeol is feeling. It would take a while to complete, but Kyungsoo has to be the first one to hear this song, even before it comes out. Since this one is for him. Chanyeol would do it, he'll make sure it comes true.