Final

Summer Wind

WARNING: I WROTE ANOTHER CRAP AGAIN, ho

 

 

[Wonwoo's Point of View]  

 

I woke up from my dream of getting hit by a car, i got up and brewed some coffee, it seems very familiar to me but i just shrugged it off but it bothers me when i grab my cardigan and went out of the house and heard a horn of a car and gets hit again. 

 

-----

 

Huu, it's only a dream of me dreaming that i got hit by a car, what a relief. I went down to brewed some coffee and eat some cereal. I went to my room and headed to the bathroom, i saw my uniform folded neatly on top of a small cupboard, i smiled. 

 

When i'm done, i brushed my teeth when i saw my hand looks like distorted, i blink my eyes and just continue brushing. I went down again to grab my long cardigan since it's cold outside. 

 

But as soon as i started walking across the high way, i felt my self flew away and the cold ground hit my back.

 

----

 

I woke up, jumping from my bed, and sighed that it's just a dream. But then i suddenly realized that in my dream, i woke up sighing in relieve that i was just dreaming in my dream about me getting hit by a car, the distorted hands! it must mean something, then i look at my hands and yes, it looks like distorted like in my dream, i realize that maybe i am still dreaming and so assuming that i knew what i am gonna do so i change it from brewing some coffee to toasting some bread and grab a milk from the refrigirator, i didn't go out, i stayed in the living room while watching some tv shows, after a few hours, i got up and went to the bathroom to wash myself, i spent 1 and a half hour in the bathroom. I wore my clothes that was neatly folded on top of the small cupboard. I went to my room and drifted to sleep.

 

-----

 

Again, i woke up from the dream of me changing my routine of that day but then i realized, it's still the same day. 

 

.. and it finally hit me, i haven't woken up for real. 

 

--------

 

I don't want to sleep because i know i'll be waking up in the same day. I can't do anything, it's still April 12, it's the date everyday. What i'm gonna do? i held up my knees and cried myself to sleep.

 

------

 

I woke up with a sigh, i look at the calendar in my cellphone wishing that i woke up for real this time... but my whole world crashed again.

 

it's still April 12. I send myself downstairs, now what should i do, i don't want to go out because i might get hit again, i started making myself some soup after that i went to the bathroom and saw the clothes again, folded neatly on top of the small cupboard. I sighed. 

 

Instead of wearing my cardigan, i wore my hoodie and went out. I didn't cross the highway, i walk silently at the silent sidewalk. 

 

I hope i wake up tomorrow, for real.

 

 

-----

 

"Wonwoo?" 

 

Mrs. Jeon shakes Wonwoo lightly but his son didn't wake up. He is breathing but didn't wake up. Wonwoo is the type of guy who will always woke up before the others because he doesn't want them to bother them by waking him up but today is different.

 

Mrs. Jeon looks at the clock, it's already 2 pm, April 12 but why is his son still asleep? 

 

------

 

The next day, April 13, Mrs. Jeon went to wake Wonwoo up again but when she went to her son's, she saw him sleeping in his clothes from yesterday and in the same position. She gently tap Wonwoo's cheek but it didn't wake him up. 

 

"Wonwoo?"

 

He's breathing but why can't she woke him up? She called Wonwoo's personal doctor but as soon as he arrives...

 

"Mrs. Jeon, i think you shoudn't have called me. Call a psychiatrist instead."

 

The doctor suggest and it made Mrs. Jeon more worried about his son.

 

-----

 

again, i woke up in the same clothes and distorted hands, i looked at the calendar.

 

"it's still April 12."

 

Although it's quite blury i managed to read it. Not bothering to eat something, i went to the bathroom straight but this time i have some clothes on my hands and didn't wore the clothes on the small cupboard after washing myself. 

 

Grabbing some book to read after a fresh bath until i fell asleep.

 

-------

 

"Madame, i am afraid to say that your son doesn't want to wake up or he wants to but doesn't know how."

 

Mrs. Jeon cried and asked the Psychiatrist what might be Wonwoo's condition.

 

"i think he's lucid dreaming."

 

"what's that?"

 

"it's a kind of dream where you can control what will happen but it's a relief that he knows that he's only dreaming."

 

"omygod. Wonwoo please wake up honey." 

 

"is there an occasion today?"

 

"yes, we'll be going to see his brother and his father after almost 10 years of not seeing them."

 

"maybe that explained why he is in a deep slumber. Lucid dream is more likely to happen when a person is very vivid."

 

"no no. my son is not a lively person."

 

"but maybe he got too excited for today's event and it brought him to a very dangerous situation."

 

"oh my dear."

 

-----

 

I am walking right now, going to the nearest convenience store. What happening right now seem sooo real. It's like, it's not a dream at all. There are people, cars but the only thing that is very unnatural is me being alone in the house. 

 

When i opened the glass door of the convenient store, i bumped into someone but immediately said sorry. I looked at him, he bumps at me? I just shrug and went to the noodles section to buy some jajjangmyeon, ramyeon, and black bean paste noodle. 

 

"is this all?"

 

"yes."

 

I gave the money to the cashier girl but my hand slip through hers and the only thing that stayed on her hand is the bill. I looked at her but it seems like it's normal or she didn't see that. I ran out the convenient store and almost bump the oldie but i passed through him. what's happening? there are so many people but they are passing through me or vice versa. I closed my eyes, wanting to go home as my tears rolled down through my cheeks. I opened my eyes and almost jump when i saw that i'm in my room.. 

 

-----

 

The next day, i mean, the next time i woke up. I went out again and tried to talk to people, they can, but i can't touch them. I went to the convenient store and i bumped again with that same guy wearing a long brown cardigan he immediately said sorry and ran out the convenient store but i followed him.

 

"hey!"

 

I shouted and he stop. He looked at me with wide eyes. 

 

"you're the same guy from yesterday..."

 

He points at me and when i look at myself, i remembered that i wore the same hoodie. 

 

"uhm yes... are you also dreaming?"

 

After saying that, i saw him changed his reaction from being shocked to calm. 

 

"wanna talk about it?"

 

He asked and i simply nodded my head.

 

-----

 

"i wanted to introduce my self first. I'm Kim Mingyu, and yes i'm dreaming only. I'm trapped here. And upon seeing you, i guess i ditched my own dream and went to your dream. and i might say that your dream is kinda erm, boring? why is that so? aren't you lucid dreaming?"

 

"what's lucid dreaming?"

 

"you don't know? it's like you can control your own dream. You can do whatever you want."

 

"but, i always woke up in the same day doing the same thing."

 

Mingyu looked at me with worries in his eyes. 

 

"Wonwoo..."

 

"how do you know my name?"

 

"It's your dream so ofcourse i know you. I might say that, waking up in the same day is the starting point of lucid dreaming, because you wanted to change your routine and you can change it right? like, it's the same day but it's not the same routine."

 

I nodded my head, and i realize maybe i am Lucid Dreaming because when i wanted to go home, it sent me to my room. 

 

-----

 

I always meet Mingyu at the park where we always talk. Mostly we're just talking about me and all i know about him is that, he is trapped in a dream and he ditched his dream. How did that happen? running outside your dream and then going to someone else's.

 

"Mingyu, let's stop talking about me. why don't we talk about you?"

 

I asked him carefully. He looked at me, asking if i'm sure about it and i just nodded my head. He sighed and started talking. 

 

"I have a very painful reality. My mom died infront of me, she got killed in my room when she was telling me a story to make me sleep when a loud bang resounded my room and i saw blood coming out on my mom's mouth and chest."

 

He shooked his head and i gently tap his back.

 

"Mingyu, you can stop if you can't hold it anymore.."

 

"no no, this is the only time i can voice it all out after building it for many years."

 

I sighed and told him to go on.

 

"... and my dad got depressed. He killed himself too, he hang himself on his office room. and the funny part is, i'm the first person who saw him."

 

He sob and all i can do is pat his back.

 

"he died. and i just knew that he's been planning on killing himself when i saw that the house was named to me, his and mom's bank account and our company. My uncle help me out, since i'm only freaking 11 years old before. and i can say that he and my aunt is the best because they treat me like their own son, they didn't snatched everything from me, the house, company, bank account. It was still named on me. but then, my uncle, died because of brain tumor. and that time, aunt didn't get depressed, thankfully, she said that we just have to move on but all the depression came into me." 

 

He lifted his head and look at the sky. 

 

"I can't handle all the depression and deaths. I was sent to the hospital for how many times."

 

He rolled up his cardigan and i saw his wrist. He's been in so much pain.

 

-----

 

Mingyu and I always met, but after telling me his story, i still don't know why is he in my dream and why don't he wake up. We're on my room, he said he wanted to see my house and so i lead him here. 

 

" I miss my bed...."

 

He said and lied down on my bed. 

 

"Where do you live?"

 

He sat up and looked at me.

 

"well since this is your dream, i don't have a home here, so when you woke up in real life i'll be spending my whole time and a very dark room." 

 

"... but you haven't woken up for real so i haven't spent my whole time in a very dark room. may i know why?"

 

he added and i shook my head when i realize i haven't woken up for real... i felt tears rolled down again and i felt that Mingyu stood up and went to me because someone puts his hand on my chin and gently lift it. My eyes met his... 

 

"why?"

 

He asked me once again. I can see that he is worried, really worried. 

 

"I..... don't know.... how." 

 

as soon as i said those words he pulled me into a tight embrace, and i felt something in my stomach.

 

"I knew it. After spending 5 years in the dream land. This case isn't new for me. Believe it or not Wonwoo, i'm that simple guy who doesn't want to wake up from his dream. I wanted to wake up too, but they don't want me to.. they told me that i can wake people who were trapped in their dream in real life....."

 

I nodded my head, signaling him that i'm listening since i can't speak because my face is being buried on his chest. 

 

"... and when i said 'they' i mean the gods of dream, but specifically, it's Morpheus who punished me... he told me that i have to wake 12 people up. he said it's my punishment for not wanting to wake up and later on wanted to. I thought it was easy, but it took me 5 years to found the 12th person and it's you, Wonwoo." 

 

-----

 

"soo, i'm not lucid dreaming? it's False Awakenings? but why does it happen always?" 

 

We're lying on my bed and my head is on his chest. His arms are wrapped around me and i don't know why but i love being held by him. I'm not a slow person, so i think, i kinda like him. The butterflies that i felt when he hugged me, when my heart skipped a beat when i called him the 2nd day i met him. and the feeling of being comfortable in his embrace. 

 

"Maybe you got excited over something...."

 

"oh right! we're going to meet ny dad and my brother after 10 years..."

 

He laughed at me, omygod, his laugh, it's gorgeous.

 

"silly, don't get too excited over something.... maybe you're an introvert person and lacks in emotion and it's very rare to see you being so excited that's why you're experiencing all of these." 

 

"Mingyu, if you wake me up, are you going to wake up too?"

 

"Yeah, but Morpheus will erase my memories from here. how funny, after finally meeting someone who means so much to you.."

 

"then please don't wake me up." 

 

"silly, i only wake people up when thay want to.. but why don't you want to wake up?"

 

"because...... i don't want you to forget me?" 

 

He sat up and looked at me.

 

"You know, mind can forget everything, but the heart can not."

 

"what... do you mean?"

 

"I like you. Upon hearing your story, i wanted to protect you, and i don't also want to wake you up, but you can't stay here for years like what i've experience, there are people who's waiting for you, there are people who loves you more than i do..."

 

I teared up when a picture of mom crying while waking me up, appears. Mingyu hugged me again. 

 

"it's only been a week since i met you here, but i don't want us being together here, this is just a dream Wonwoo, a dream only, it's not the reality. I hope you get that." 

 

"Mingyu, i... like... you.. too. and yes i know that this is just a dream, that it's not real. but atleast what i felt for you is real." 

 

He pulled out from the hug and he holds both of my hand. He shook his head but immediately look at me again. I can see sadness in his eyes... 

 

"I usually wake people up by telling them to wake up... but i'll do it differently for you." 

 

He put his hands on my cheeks. I can feel the warmth from his hand and the next thing happened was him, kissing me. 

 

My last thought was....

 

Everything felt so real.  

 

-----

 

"Please wake up for me."

 

I jumped out of my bed and suddenly someone hugged me.

 

"Wonwoo-ah!!"

 

"Mom?"

 

The door in my room opens and it  revealed my brother and my dad. They walk towards me and i saw my brother tearing up.

 

"you're finally awake."

 

Mom said when she pulled out from the hug. 

 

"what... is the date?"

 

I asked, feared that it's only one of my dreams and it still April 12.

 

"It's already May 29 honey..."

 

It's the end of summer and I woke up? for real?

 

-----

 

"Mom stop crying please.."

 

I said while hugging her. After i woke up, they let me do my routine and when i finally put my feet on the wet tiles of the bathroom i looked at myself in the mirror. I pushed my hands through it, it didn't go through, i looked at my hands, they're not distorted. Mom didn't slip through me when she hugged me. I woke up for real. 

 

"we're so scared that we might loose you. Honey, please be more careful when sleeping.." 

 

"you scared us dude."

 

Bohyuk, my brother said. I smiled, happiness lure me and almost made me forgot about the person who woke me up. A hot but fresh wind suddenly passed by eventhough i'm inside the house.

 

Thank you, Mingyu.

 

END 170317 

 

________

[EDITED

Kira: I posted this story, March 17, 2017 like wow! it's carat selca day today!! so yeah, we don't have any classes since this morning and i've decided to post this story and tada! it's done already!!  wish me luck in my exam this upcoming week! by now, Thank you! 

 

P.S: the contents of this story are just my imagination, i don't want to ruin Greek Mythology because of the mention of Morpheus' name, i don't read any greek books and so i apologize if this story harms the greek mythology.