1997

My bestfriend's girl

1997

 

He pulled out the earphone he had in his left ear and pushed his body to sit upright. She simply stared blankly at the white ceiling ahead as she continued listening to the walkman they were sharing. He pulled out the earphone from her ears so she could listen to him. Soon she followed him and sat upright on the pink comfy bed. The heavy rain was drumming on the glass window. It was dark outside despite being only 2 in the afternoon. The pouring rain was accompanied by the thunder and lightning that endlessly hammered on the earth violently.

“It was only last night that I dreamt I was a raindrop. And today it is raining.” said the little boy.

“Was I in the dream?”

“No. It was only me. I dreamt I was falling with the other raindrops. What do you think it means?”

Seunghyun shrugs his shoulders unknowingly.

“It means we can’t ride our bicycle?” Alice asked innocently.

“Even I know that!” Seunghyun added with his face scowled in annoyance at her naïve answer. He picked up the pink pillow he was using and threw it at her face. Annoyed, Alice threw another pillow at him.

“Yah! Choi Seunghyun.”

“Oppa. Seunghyun oppa. I’m older than you remember?” Seunghyun smirked teasingly at her. This further fuelled her annoyance of his face that Alice pounced on Seunghyun, pulling his hair in the process. Seunghyun screamed and laughed at the same time while she continued to yank on his hair. Seunghyun tried to push her off him but she came back every time.

“Oppa my .”

They were interrupted by a knock at the door. The white door creaked open and Alice’s father poked his head through the door that stood ajar.

“Children... Omma made jjamppong and gamja jeon. If you want any come to the kitchen.”

“No thanks appa. I’m not hungry.”

“I am. Kamsahamnida abeonim. Come on. Oppa is hungry.” Seunghyun said, politely smiling at her father. He yanked her by her skinny arms, dragging her along so she would follow him.

“Oppa my .” She muttered under her breath as she unwillingly followed him.