Chapter 3: Them

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Them

BGM: U-Kiss - Take Me Away

 

The room was crowded with people as the groom greeted the people at the entrance. He was standing beside this white sign.

It was written there..

Lee Changsub (BTOB) x Bomi (APink)

The groom was about to enter for the wedding march when a young lad rushed towards him. It was Yook Sungjae, sprinting towards the hall.

“Hyung!”

“Ya! You are late.” Changsub glared at the maknae.

“Mian, I’m a bit busy..”

Changsub smacked his head. “I will sure to repay this on your wedding day.” Changsub shouted as he rushed to prepare for the next event.

“I ain’t getting married hyung.” Sungjae muttered just for himself to hear.

He used to want to get married early, but he postponed that intention for his career until he cannot see himself settling down but being in this kind of event made him feel weird. He sighed to himself.

He sat among the star-studded guest which was filled with celebrities especially idols. It was weird to see them around again, looking more mature. He went around and chat a bit when it is time for the bride and groom to walk into the hall, they all went to sit down.

He looked at the two people in front of him reading their wedding vows with bright smiles and nervous speech. He was envious, to say the least.

They used to fight all the time like cats and dogs, but here they were… holding each other hand promising to love each other until death do them apart.

When the bride and groom are busy feeding each other cakes, he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Although, in all fact, he was sincerely happy for them… he felt lonely though despite being surrounded with people. He sat there, silently as he munched his food once the reception was almost finished when suddenly, people turned around because they heard a loud banging sound due to the door closing.

‘Well someone comes later than I do.’

“Annyeong.” A distinct voice greeted him.

The owner of the voice is Joy. A grown up version of her. A woman.

He almost choked but, of course, he maintained his composure.

He turned around and saw her. She was smiling and gasping for air.

So, she was the late comer.

“Is this seat taken, oppa?”

Oppa, it has been quite a while since he last heard that word coming from her.

“Aniyo.” He denied before he jokingly wiped off the dust on the chair.

She laughed.

It was a nice scene… to see her laughter again.

“Do I look okay?” She asked as she tried to brush her crumpled dress.

“You look pretty.” He smiled. “Have you ever not?” He further teased.

She slapped his arm in embarrassment.

“You come alone?” He asked… honestly, it was a bit awkward. He hasn't seen her for quite sometimes.

“Yes.” She chirped. “Oppa?”

“I come with you.”

She blushed.

So, he still affects her somehow.

“I thought you were seeing someone?”

“Oh. We broke up. I’ve been working now.”

He thought he was over her for some extent but truly, Joy was just too magnetic to forget. He felt his heart shouting in joy over her announcement.

Of course, he tried not to be so obvious about that. “Joy ah.. in life, we need love to survive.” He said, suppressing a smile.

“Aigo, your oppa disease is still there.”

Sungjae saluted and mentioned the squad number and the batch of army he was in.

“Show off.” Joy rolled her eyes.

“I am more manly now right.” He nudged her.

Joy laughed and shook her head. “Aniyo..” She suddenly leant closer to him. He felt his heartbeat fastened. She was inches away from him.

She leant closer and closer... he felt his eyes darted to her lips. He gulped as he felt his ears reddened.

“Aigoooo, uri oppa… you really need a woman in your life.” She leant in to adjust his tie. “How come you always need help..”

Aniyo. I need you.

He tried to avoid staring at her face when he felt a few eyes were on them. He was correct. He saw Wendy was hitting Irene in amusement and Hyunsik was smiling at them.

What the hell guys.

Okay, fine he still liked her after all.

Okay, maybe not just like… maybe even love. But seriously.. Aish.

They continued to talk and the awkward atmosphere finally dissipates as he sees how she has finally settled into a comfortable seating position as she sat facing him.

 He noticed how she suddenly started to frown, so he stopped talking... “Wae?”

“Oppa..” She looked at him seriously. The kind of look that was turning him into a bundle of goo.

“Are you growing a beard?”

Sungjae gasped. “Is it that apparent?”

Joy lightly chuckled. “Not really but it is apparent if I have been staring at you for hours.”

It has been a while but he felt his ears burnt in embarrassment. He automatically touched it to sooth it and only realized it later when Joy lets out a loud guttering loud.

“Oppa… you are cute!” She messed with his hair.

Oh.. how he misses this.

Just like an automatic reaction, his hand went to touch her hand that was messing with his hair.

She froze and looked at him with unsure eyes.

“My beard will make me look manly later. You should see it the next time I see you.” He smiled smugly.

Suddenly her face darkened. “Next time, will there even be a next time.”

It was not a question but instead almost seemed like a statement.

Just like that, his expression mirrored her in an instance. It was like all the heartache he felt waiting for her came back. Yes, waiting for the girl in front of him.

She finally realized how dreary the conversation has turned into and quickly apologized to him. “Mian.” She smiled. “I didn’t mean to suddenly sound like this.”

Sungjae was about to grab her hand when suddenly their name is being called out by the emcee of the day, Seo Eunkwang.

“Sungjae sshi and Joy sshi.”

Sungjae pointed his forefinger at his own self as if questioning whether it was true Eunkwang was calling them out using the microphone.

“Yes, you two. You both are the only one talking now.”

Sungjae looked at his surrounding and noticed all eyes are on them. He felt a sudden hotness rushing through his body. He had only now realized that they have been talking despite the silence. He further turned and saw Joy covering her face with her hands.

If it is even possible, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter