Chapter 2: Her

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Her

 

It was a dark night. The night itself was dark but with the cloudy and thunderous greeting, it was even darker.

There, stood a woman in her early 20’s fiddling with the
helm of her sweater. Her back seemingly burdened with the expectations and the job she was doing. Her face does not look like it was adorned by make-up like it did whenever she was on stage or on television. Meanwhile, her hand was carrying a number of plastic bags that she carried over from a convenience store.

Her face darkened at the sight she was seeing in front of her.

She shook out the thought playing on her head and walked away from the scene, running through the rain as if she was running from her worst nightmare.

It all started early that night when Joy decided to take her much needed break time by going outside.

 “Unnie, I’m going out.”

“Sooyoung ah, can you help me buy the banana milk too?” Irene shouted from across the room.

“Ne, unnie.”

Joy was about to open the door when she felt a thing hit her head. “Ouch..” She looked at her back. “What the?”

“Wear the cap for once. You are getting known more these days.”

“I don’t even wear make- up, they would not be able to recognize me.” She whined but still picked up the cap with the mask Wendy gave her.

She was paying for all the snacks with her money when she heard her song from her newest drama was playing. She smiled proudly.

The grin cannot even be wiped by the rainy sky.

She chose to run as the hat covers her from the rain.

She hummed all the way through but decided to make a stop in front of a shop. More to a restaurant where the celebrity frequent to.

Her humming stopped when she saw him talking to a girl animatedly.

It was none other than Yook Sungjae.

She smiled as the tears flooded in her eyes… “Ah so this how heartbreak feels like..” She closed her eyes to stop herself from torturing herself even more.

She knew it was her time to move on.

She chose to just walk through the rain.

Even the rain does not show her any mercy as it rains even more heavily than before.

She was drenched. But all she cared was to make it home and curled miserably on her bed.

She knows when We Got Married ended, her romantic fantasy about it will also end. It was hard to let it go. He was her knight in shining armor.

But he was not a knight and she is not a princess.

This is reality and she will start to live in one.

“Sooyoung ah..” She can feel the merciless rain drops stop hitting her as she lifted her head to see the familiar voice greeting her.

It was not Yook Sungjae.

Maybe, this was a sign from above to start moving on.

Yes, she will indeed move on.

***

“Now, who would say those nice things to me..”

“You look pretty today.” The guy said while she just smiled. It was not her usual ‘refreshing smile’. It was a polite one.

She felt pleasant of course but she does not feel any butterflies in her stomach. It does not make her flutter, not the way it did years ago.

Now, she found herself at a café, giving a genuine smile to the gentleman in front of her. He was a charmer.. not the same kind like Sungjae. He seemed much less of a playboy than the latter and it was honestly really nice.

And like the demon she needed to exercise, he was also at the café with his partner. She knew exactly that she must deal with this in order to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter