Begin Again Extras (Taeyeon)

Adventures of a Bunny and a Koala
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you're a new reader, you have to read the previous chapter first to understand this(It's still heavily unedited)

 

Genre: Angst

Word Count: 1939 Words

 

Taeyeon

 

Taeyeon first met Wendy when she had finished recording her album. She has heard a lot about the young trainee, mainly good things. She was sceptical. With such harsh conditions, Taeyeon found it hard to believe that anyone could be as cheerful and friendly like everyone said Wendy was. One thing was for sure though. Taeyeon couldn’t deny how good of a vocalist Wendy was.

 

She wanted to hear more. Taeyeon stood outside the door for a while, allowing herself to enjoy Wendy’s singing. It was only when Wendy stopped did Taeyeon open the door. She never knew how Wendy looked. She only heard rumours from the other trainees and staff members. They said that Wendy was a little chubby but nevertheless, adorable. They didn’t say how hard Wendy worked to lose the weight. The girl that was frantically greeting Taeyeon wasn’t the girl that was described to her. Taeyeon thought Wendy looked amazing. Imagining Wendy with a little bit more fats in her cheeks made her smile for some reason. Taeyeon definitely liked Wendy.

 

It took a while for Taeyeon to get close to Wendy. Despite the bright smile on Wendy’s face, Taeyeon knew that Wendy was hiding something and it didn’t take long for her to find out why. They were in America after all and such stuffs were more open for discussion. At first, Wendy treated Taeyeon like an idol and Taeyeon didn’t like it at all. Sure, she found Wendy cute whenever the girl would start rambling on how good of a singer she was but she wanted Wendy to treat her as a friend. After finding out what happened, Taeyeon vowed to make Wendy forget about Irene. That was her initial mission even though she was well aware of the growing attachment she had towards the young trainee. By the time Taeyeon wanted to woo Wendy, Wendy had already debuted.

 

Hearing each and every song that Wendy released would bring tears to Taeyeon’s eyes. She could feel Wendy’s pain in every single word. Taeyeon didn’t know if confessing was a great idea especially since Wendy was still harbouring a lot of guilt. Taeyeon decided to maintain their friendship for a while. Her closeness with Wendy did not go unnoticed by the fans and the media. Knowing that both girls were openly gay, rumours started spreading. Almost everyone in the company knew of Taeyeon’s feelings for the rookie singer. With a little push from her best friend, Taeyeon confessed.

 

Their relationship was going well. Taeyeon was certain that Wendy was entirely hers. Even after the second year, everyone said that they were still in the ‘honeymoon phase’. Moving in together was a decision the both of them decided. Taeyeon didn’t want Wendy to travel back and forth constantly and since they were celebrities, there were times that they were both too busy to spend time with each other. Knowing that Wendy had similar thoughts for their future, Taeyeon was confident that nothing could break them apart.

 

Unfortunately for her, some wounds never closed properly. When Wendy told her about the movie, Taeyeon didn’t want to agree with it. She could predict the repercussions should Wendy meet Irene again. After a lot of fights and cold shoulders, Taeyeon gave in. She was afraid, but if she didn’t say yes, she might lose Wendy on the spot.

 

Meeting Bae Irene was an entirely different experience than she expected. Taeyeon hated Irene for causing Wendy so much pain despite knowing that it wasn’t entirely Irene’s fault. Hardly anyone would want to meet their partner’s ex but when she did, Taeyeon almost wanted to turn back. She has heard about how beautiful Irene was from so many people, including Wendy herself. But she comforted herself. After all, she was Kim Taeyeon. Queen of ballads. Wendy wouldn’t just leave her after everything they had gone through in 3 years.

 

She didn’t miss the fleeting glances Wendy gave in Irene’s direction. She didn’t miss the way Wendy took in a deep breath after putting on Irene’s button-up. It was as though Wendy was enjoying the familiarity of the smell. She knew she was being mean to Irene but she couldn’t help it. It was only the first day, but she was already feeling the distance between her and Wendy growing.

 

Taeyeon also didn’t miss the lie. Wendy told her to go ahead first saying that she needed the toilet, but Taeyeon secretly watched as her girlfriend talked to Irene. Throughout the entire car ride to the company, Taeyeon had her fists clenched. She would hold on. She had to.

 

Visiting Wendy at the set made her feel a lot better for a while, that is. At

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter