Begin

Realm of Hearts
Please log in to read the full chapter

It is snowing heavily and the temperature drops so much it is literally a kingdom of ice. A black haired boy, about 5 years old is kneeling in front of the glass sliding door, looking at the falling snow.

The bright full moon illuminates the darkness surrounding the boy; despite having no other source of light, the boy seems to be preoccupied with the falling snow.

So preoccupied that he did not realise a shadow lurking at the back.

Smirking.

 

“My, my, what do we have here…”

 

The boy is startled and abruptly turns his head towards the voice. Big, wide, brown eyes desperately trying to locate the owner of the voice.

 

“Tell me, aren't you supposed to be in bed now”

 

The unknown voice terrifies the boy that he is rendered speechless; he nods at the question.

 

“Use your voice, child”

 

This time, the voice sounds stern and rigid, the boy quickly stands up while pressing his body towards the glass door, trying to create some distance from whoever, whatever, it is.

 

“Y—yes”

 

He waits for the voice to say something but he is only being greeted by the silence.

“Who are you?”

 

Silence.

 

“S--show yourself!”

 

The boy waits again, yet only silence engulfs the space. The boy thinks he may be imagining things and is about to turn around when he hears a chuckle.

 

“Ah...don't you know, curiosity kills the cat”

 

Despite the dark, he can hear the voice getting closer and in his frightful state, the boy tries to hold on to his ground.

 

“You know who I am”

 

A shadow looms upon the boy, who is closing his eyes, bracing himself for the...being. He doesn't know what is talking to him but his instinct is telling him that whatever it is, it's dangerous.

Mustering his courage, the boy slowly opens his eyes and lifts his gaze towards the voice, asking,

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Frightful big brown eyes meet bloody red ones and the boy finds himself immobile and voiceless at the sight.

For in front of him stands a creature unexplainable, unimaginable for a mere child.

The boy is shaking in fear while the creature looms over him, engulfing him further into the darkness, a hideous grin is displayed on its face,

 

“I Am—“

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jin jolts out of his slumber, his top is drenching with sweat and he is panting. It is the same nightmare, again. He doesn't know when do the nightmares start but for as long as he remembers, he always have the same dream, again and again.

Jin sighs and looks at the clock. He has half an hour before his class starts. Brushing off his thoughts, Jin gets up and gets ready for his class.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

One downside of not living with his mother is that he can't help but to feel lonely sometimes. Like now. While he's just making coffee.

Jin sighs for the umpteenth time.

Brooding on his life, reminiscing about his childhood, his home, his mother. He is too caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even realise a figure sneaking up behind him,

 

 

 

“Boo”

 

!! YAH SHIN 엄마“HOSEOK!”

 

The said figure is laughing his head off at his friend slash roommate’s unmanly yelp, while Jin is clutching his poor heart, eyes shooting dagger at the blonde in front of him.

 

“I can't help it, you're just soooo busy in your little world, Jinnie~”

 

“Dear lord, can't you at least be more civilized and I don't know, greet me like a normal human being?!!! Also, it's hyung, you , what do you mean Jinnie?! I forbid you from calling me that”

 

HoSeok can't help but to let out another chuckle, earning a pout from the older male. Honestly, how can he take this guy seriously, hyung, when he's all pouting and acting sulky like this. My God, is he really 24 years old?? He can't help but to pinch his hyung’s cheeks to more.

 

, is our “Awwwwjinnie hyung mad??? Don't be mad, it's not good for you. Gonna make you all wrinkly~”

 

“SHIN HOSEOK! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! I SWEAR IM GONNA STRANGLE YOUR SORRY IN YOUR SLEEP, JUST YOU WAIT!!”

 

Jin threatens, in an attempt to be intimidating. For someone as soft and sensitive (according to HoSeok), he can be hella scary when provoked.

Except that, HoSeok is his childhood friend and already knows him like the back of his hand, so any attempts at being scary are just easily brushed off by him. For example, right now.

Both males are in the midst of a pointless banter, with each pinching the other’s cheeks.

“Let go!”

“No! You let go!”

“I asked you first!”

“You started it!”

“You’re the reason!”

“I'm older!”

“na uh, Jinnie!”

“Brat!”

“Seeing that we’ll be late if we didn't stop now, truce?”

“Agreed”

 

Both let go at the same time, panting and face, burning. After they calm down, both of them laugh as the situation is just too absurd and funny and any normal human beings would have judge the fu--flower out of them.

But then again, it's HoSeok, and normal just isn't in his vocabulary. Of which Jin is glad because at

Please log in to read the full chapter