[+1]

the world is cold and life's not fair

+1.

x

 

“Thanks for meeting me.” Nayoung mumbles with the faintest of a smile on her lips. Sejeong responds with her own smile and hum, sitting down next to Nayoung. Nayoung still feels that warm aura Sejeong always emitted, her chest warming up despite the rainy weather.

 

“Of course.” she says, eyes wandering around the cozy cafe. “I was surprised you even called. It’s been…”

 

“Almost two years, yeah.” Nayoung finishes Sejeong’s sentence for her with a nod. “I just… I wanted to know how you’ve been.”

 

Sejeong’s smile grows the tiniest bit and she tilts her head, looking amused.

 

“What?” Nayoung asks, chuckling a bit as the words leave .

 

“You’ve changed.” Sejeong states fondly.

 

“I’ve changed?”

 

“Yeah, you have.” Sejeong grins. “I’ve known you for years, Nayoung. Three years ago you would’ve never met up with an ex-girlfriend to see how she’s been. You would’ve avoided her at all costs.”

 

Nayoung’s mouth opens slightly in surprise and revelation. What Sejeong said isn’t false. She closes and composes herself with a grin. “I guess… I’ve realized some things and have come to terms with some things, you know? We were close friends before we dated and I don’t have many friends.” she says this with a small laugh. “I don’t want to lose anybody important to me in my life if I can help it.”

 

Sejeong leans back against the chair and her smile is adoring; Nayoung sees that it’s completely platonic and her chest spreads with a warmth of happiness.

 

“Okay, who are you and what have you done to Im Nayoung?”

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes as Sejeong lets out a radiant laugh.

 

x

 

“Hey.” Jieqiong greets Nayoung as she enters the apartment. “I finished unpacking. How’d it go?”

 

“It went really well.” Nayoung answers, sliding out of her shoes and tossing her coat onto the couch. She makes her way over to Jieqiong who’s standing in front of the counter with Nayoung’s laptop in front of her. “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m glad it went well, babe.” Jieqiong turns her head and they kiss briefly, the two of them pulling away with smiles on their faces. Jieqiong turns back around and Nayoung loops her arms around Jieqiong’s midsection. “And, I’m looking up recipes.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For cooking, duh.” Jieqiong replies, causing Nayoung to pinch her waist. “Ow, jeez!”

 

Nayoung kisses her cheek in apology.

 

Jieqiong smiles and continues to scroll down the webpage on the laptop. “I just want to cook a nice meal for my girlfriend, is that so hard?”

 

Nayoung doesn’t think her heart will ever stop skipping a beat when Jieqiong refers to her as ‘her girlfriend’. She places a soft kiss behind Jieqiong’s ear and feels the girl lean back with a contented sigh.

 

“Just don’t burn the apartment building down.” she whispers.

 

Jieqiong smacks her arm lightly and Nayoung laughs, pulling away from the girl’s body.

 

“I’m gonna shower really quick.”

 

“Okay.” Jieqiong hums.






x






It’s a Saturday night and they’ve spent the whole day inside, not wanting to go out when it’s pouring rain. They made cookies (read: burnt them because Jieqiong set the timer for 300 minutes instead of 30 by accident), watched movies, and cuddled—all of which are relatively innocent activities.

 

So, how on earth did they end up making out?

 

Nayoung feels Jieqiong shift and before she knows it, she’s being straddled by the younger girl. She lets out a small gasp at the lack of space between them (they’ve been this close before, but not while Jieqiong’s kissing her and touching her). Jieqiong pulls away barely, breathing heavily as she stares into Nayoung’s eyes, fingers gently pulling at the roots of Nayoung’s hair.

 

Despite it being nearly two years since they’ve first started dating, they haven’t done much besides kissing—not even because they are too busy, they’ve spent plenty of weekends together—but there just never was a good time.

 

Nayoung thinks now’s a good time, if any.

 

Jieqiong’s lips are still parted when Nayoung goes in for another kiss and she feels Jieqiong’s gasp more than hears it. Jieqiong’s throat vibrates with an approving hum when Nayoung starts to kiss down her neck.

 

Oh.” Jieqiong inhales sharply as Nayoung and nips at her soft skin. She grinds down onto Nayoung’s lap before stopping suddenly, feeling the pleasure that was spreading throughout her body in a white hot sensation and becoming overwhelmed. She places her hands on Nayoung’s shoulders and pulls back, putting some space between them. Her chest is heaving more than Nayoung’s is. “This is a lot.”

 

“We can stop.” Nayoung says, eyes flickering between Jieqiong’s.

 

“I…” Jieqiong’s words come out in a whisper. “I don’t think I want to stop.”

 

“Okay.” Nayoung murmurs, feels her heart hammering and her pulse running. “Then we won’t.”

 

“Are you okay with that?” Jieqiong moves one of her hands to cup Nayoung’s cheek, thumb over her skin.

 

“Yeah.” Nayoung turns her head and kisses Jieqiong’s palm. “As long as you are.”

 

“I love you.” Jieqiong exhales airily.

 

Nayoung smiles.

 

“I love you, too.”