Rain...

Super Junior and EXO Drabbles

Grabbing him by the arm, Donghae pulled a grumpy looking Hyukjae out the front door after him. Rain was falling loudly and in thick sheets and Hyukjae wondered how the younger had managed to convince him to join him outside.

Almost slipping on the wet cement as he went, Donghae began running to every puddle in sight and splashing around in it, giggling like the 5 year old he really was inside. Hyukjae sighed, knowing they'd both end up with colds tomorrow, but plastered a fake smile on his face and walked over to Donghae carefully so as to avoid getting more wet, despite being already drenched. Donghae didn't think it made any sense.

"Hyukjae-ah! Come here!" Donghae exclaimed, laughing, trying to grab the arm of a struggling Hyukjae who did not want to go anywhere near the almost rivers that had formed in the middle of the road in the last few minutes.

"Donghae, we should go inside. We both have schedules tonight and I don't want to be sick."

The overly-excited Donghae ignored him and continued playing around in the water. A dog from a neighboring house had come out and joined him in the water, the two of them getting along quite well. The neighborhood was filled with the echos of barks and laughs, resonating off every surface.

The smile Hyukjae had had on his face a little while ago had faded since and his lips had formed a small pout. Donghae always listened to him! "Lee Donghae! Come here right now!" The rain had began to fall in even heavier sheets and Hyukjae found it hard not to yell.

Donghae stopped splashing around for a moment to face Hyukjae who was standing a little way away with his arms folded across his chest. He noticed the pout that had become quite apparent on his best friend's face and had to fight off the urge to laugh. He was supposed to be the immature one!

Deciding to play along, Donghae mocked Hyukjae. "Lee Hyukjae! Come HERE right now!" Added to his mocking command was a stomp of the foot and an exaggerated folding of his arms. He whipped his head to the right where the dog from earlier had settled on the floor beside him. It stared up at Hyukjae, silently begging him to join them in the numerous puddles. It's tail began to wag excitedly and it's ears perked up, waiting for a response.

Hyukjae wavered. His lips quivered and he couldn't help the small smile that suddenly broke out on his face. Trying to hold in the grin that was most definitely on it's way, Hyukjae contorted his face and bit his bottom lip causing Donghae to burst into a fit of laughter and the dog to howl loudly throughout the empty road.

Giving in, slowly Hyukjae edged toward the water, looking down to see how far he was from it and how deep he was in it. Unnoticed, a cheeky Donghae had managed to creep up behind the elder and without warning pushed him into a rather large puddle subsequently causing the cat-and-mouse chase up and down the street that lasted hours into the evening.

They spent the whole afternoon splashing about in the numerous puddles and sticking out their tongues to try and drink the rain that was falling rapidly, soaking them in and out. The dog had stayed with them the whole time, running in circles at their feet, almost causing Hyukjae to slip and fall!

As night closed in on them however, they decided to finally walk back home, arm in arm, drenched and sneezing and coughing in between laughter like they never had before.

They never ended up going to that schedule that they had planned out for them. Leeteuk didn't seem to mind very much, only smiling at the drenched pair as they stumbled in through the door together.

A few day later, while still sick in bed next to an equally sick Donghae, Hyukjae decided that it was worth it. Despite the scolding they'd gotten that night from a very angry manager it was most definitely worth it and he wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

 

---

it was rainng a while ago...