What?!!

Princess of the Mining

Byulyi knew something was wrong when she hears countless of whistles coming from the hallway. She had a bad feeling about it. Her guts telling her that maybe she's going to slip on the stair, or worst hit by a dump truck today.

But what she sees later was far worse. Byulyi groaned. A model-like girl seen walking in the hallway and stopped right before the door of the faculty's library. Byuyli tries to hide herself between the piles of book stacked on the table she was sitting at.

"God, please, give some mercy. These triple integrals were already too much. Don't send that witch here to add my misery." Byulyi prayed.

Other than being close to Minhyuk, Byulyi doesn't remember she ever did something related to this ice-something girl. It still mystery for her of why this girl always sends her icy glare as if she was about to stab her in the back or scratch her in the face every time they meet occasionally. 

Byulyi will so-willingly slapped her beautiful face, but being a gentlewoman she was, she would always treat girls with respect. Nah, if only Minhyuk and her--class-mates treat her the same. 

But seems like God doesn't grant her prayer. The alleged witch smirks and walks to her direction after her pretty eyes wander around the whole library.

Not many students occupy the library at this hour, but as expected they're no different as they start to whistle upon seeing the witch. Soon the noise stopped abruptly, of course not because of the coughy sound made by the old-librarian-man at the counter. It's Byulyi's deadly stare that shuts them up.

"Geez... Princess is scary." Said one of the boys.

As if God really hates her, the witch takes a seat right in front of her.

"Hai, Byulyi. Long time no see. How you've been?" The witch said. 

"Fine. Minhyuk was not here if it was not so obvious."

"Woah, you rude as always."

"Yeah, look who's talking."

"I'm Jung Soojung. I have every right to say and act whatever that was coming to my brilliant mind. I am the princess, as you know."

Byulyi rolled her eyes. "In case you forget, I'm also a princess, Soojung. And this is my kingdom, I can kick you anytime."

"Calm down princess. So, where is Minhyuk? Don't tell me he was ditching you for his new girl? What's her name again? Yongsun? Huh, seems like we're now on the same boat."

"I'd rather drown instead of being on the same boat as you. And I am a pretty good swimmer FYI. I full of talent. That's just one of many."

"Well, that was impressive. I am sure making me want to punch your face was also one of your talents." Soojung mocked sarcastically. "You can call me Krystal, that's sound cooler than Soojung. And I am here not for Minhyuk by the way."

"Haha... don't tell me you're here for me then?" Byuyli scoffed.

"Fortunately, yes. I'm looking for you, Moon Byulyi"

"Nah, should I feel honored?"

"Let's have a talk. The cafe nearby. I'm hungry. Your treat."

"Woah, woah you really a princess, are you?"

"I don't wanna make a scene here, let's go Byulyi. It's either I drag you out of here or you get your small off by yourself? Oops, I forget you did not have any."

Byulyi swears she was at her best to hold herself not to slap the witch.

========================================

"Yah, Yongsun, don't you think it's too much? She just got her first C for her Fluid Mechanic test and you bought her a gift? Why don't we make a celebration party for her then?" Minhyuk whined. Sarcasm was on his sentences.

He had jumped insanely when he got a message from Yongsun, asking that if he have time to accompany her visiting a shopping center, in which he replied mili-second later with a YES in capital. It's been a few months since their gallery date. Yongsun had been closer with the duo. Sometimes they hanged out, or just simply having their lunch together.

"Come on Minhyuk, don't be such a whiny baby. She's your best friend. You must know what's best for her, that's why I need your help here. " 

"It's C, and it's only a regular test. What's so special about it?"

"Because it's her first C for that subject, as you said. It must be special for her. So, what was again her favourite colour? Do you think she will likes this one?"

Minhyuk who just sipped his canned coke almost spurted it back when he saw what's on Yongsun's hand.

"Yah, Yongsun, you are pretty, that's a fact. But I don't know that you are crazy?"

"Why? Isn't this dress pretty? You said she loved blue, right?

"Yes. But it's a dress. And she's Byulyi."

"And then?"

"That may pretty on you but will look gross on her. And that was too tight, she would look like a walking stick."

"You're right about the tight part. Then how about this?" Yongsun grabbed another dress.

"Not red. She would look like a red pepper."

"This?" 

"Err, the cut just right above the chest, it's too low and too revealing. Gosh, she has nothing to show on that area. Ouch." Yongsun smacked Minhyuk's arms.

"That's rude."

"Will you girls stop hitting me?"

"That's what you got for being mean."

"I am just being honest and stating facts. Just bought her a snapback or a ripped jeans, that will suit her more."

"But, I want to see her wearing a dress, at least once in a life time. She will look really pretty." Yongsun sighed.

"You're being dramatic Yongsun, as expected from a Drama Club girl." Minhyuk chuckled.

"But you're right, her love for snapback undoubtedly greater than her love for calculus. let's go find a snapback store then."

"Yeah."

"But I was thinking of your word earlier, let's make a celebration party." Yongsun grinned.

"What?!"

"Let's have it on this weekend. A simple party."

"If we really do it, then it will be the most stupid celebration party that was held on the whole universe." Minhyuk protested.

"Stop the whining, and stop being extra, will you? And you should get her a present too."

"Aish, she even never gave me anything on my birthday. Why should I?"

They're walking out the store, but as they passed by Minhyuk's eyes catch a certain dress that was displayed at one of the counters. 

It's pretty. It may suit her. I should just come back here some other time.

"Yongsun, when will your birthday?"

==========================================

Two girls sat at the corner of a cafe not far from their campus building. The smaller girl still puts her sullen face on, while the taller one just rolled her eyes on the latter childish behaviour.

"Stop that face, Byulyi."

"What face? You told me to stop being pretty? That's hard, I am born this way."

"God, you're impossible." She rolled her eyes again.

"Now, tell me why you dragged me here, Soojung." 

"It's Krystal. And I am senior here, show some respect you kid." Soojung sipped her drink. "Ok, let's get it straight. Do you love Minhyuk?"

"What???!!" 

"Are you guys dating?" Soojung ignored Byulyi's confused expression.

"What kind of questions were these? You think that we're dating? That's why you hated me?"

"You're not? Yet?" 

"Never." 

"Yah, you insulted him. He's handsome. Why won't you date him?" Soojung furrowed.

"So you want me to date him?"

"No, you can't!"

"God! I am sure you were the most confusing person I have ever met." Byuyli groaned and scratched her not-itchy head. "Then what do you want? Enlighten me please."

"Let's be frienemy. I give you the honor for being my friend as well as being my enemy. I love challenges, and since you're my biggest rival, so let's have a competition.

"Competition for what?"

"Getting Minhyuk's HEART." Soojung said confidently.

"Uekkk... No thanks. You can have him by yourself. I am not interested."

"Are you afraid?" Soojung challenged.

"Of you? Nah!"

"Fine. I take it as a yes. We're officially frienemy now. Now I had to go. See you later friend. It's nice to talk with you. Don't forget to pay the food." 

And Soojung left just like that. Byuyli was confused as hell.

"What the..." 

=========================================

Since Yongsun insisted that they should do a small celebration party for Byulyi, now here they are, sitting on the small dining table in Yongsun's apartment.

"Wow Byulyi-ssi, I've heard about you before, but seeing you in person was different. " Wheein, Yongsun's roommate was joining the party. "You are really cool! Now I understand why Yongsun-unnie can't stop talking about you." Wheein giggled. Yongsun slapped Wheein's arm.

"Wheein-ssi, hello.... I am here too. Am I doesn't look cool in your eyes?" Minhyuk send his puppy eyes to the puppy-looked girl. 

"It's not like that, Minhyuk-ssi. You look cool as well. They were right about boys from your faculty never washed their jackets in an attempt to look manly. The more rumpled and disheveled it looks, then it cooler. So Minhyuk-ssi, how long it's been since you washed your jacket last time?" Wheein tugged on his jacket since Minhyuk sat at her side.

"Eww, Wheein, that's gross." Byulyi scrunched her nose in disgust.

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, but thank you Wheein. You're really cute. You might have heard that compliment like million times since it was true anyway. And just call me Minhyuk." Minhyuk winked. Byulyi kicked his leg under the table.

Wheein let out a weird laugh that echoed throughout the room.

"Oh, Byulyi here's your present. Congrats for your uhm.. C?" Yongsun handed a nicely wrapped box to Byulyi.

"Oh, Yongsun, you really did not have to. But thank you. The food is great too. You really a good cook." Byulyi smiled sheepishly.

"It's nothing. And Wheein helped with the cook." Yongsun replied. "Where is your present, Minhyuk? I told you to bought one." Yongsun nagged.

"Yeah, yeah... I bought it mom, don't worry." Minhyuk took something from his backpack.

"You have something for me? It's better not something creepy." Byulyi jolted in horror.

"Yah, will you thanked me for once?" Minhyuk smacked a box of gift on Byulyi's head.

"Oh, sorry I don't prepare any..." Wheein said.

"It's Ok Wheein-ssi. You did not have to. But thank you for everything guys, it's a little bit stupid, but it's sweet." Byuylyi smiled genuinely.

They spend the rest of the night by watching some movies on TV, laughed over some stupid things came up to their random chat.

"Unnie... wake up. You drunk already? I told you not to drink more than one can of beer, that's your limit." Wheein shakes Yongsun's body that was leaning on her shoulder. 

"She has fallen asleep? Where's her room? I'll take her." Byulyi concerned.

"Are you ok Byulyi-shi? She's kinda heavy. This unnie is useless when it comes to alcohol."

"It's ok Wheein. They called me princess not for nothing. Besides, I won't let that man over there take the opportunity to bring her to her room. He and his dirty mind." 

"I can hear you Byulyi, loud and clear." Minhyuk who was taking a glass of water shouted from the kitchen.

Byulyi lays Yongsun on the bed and put a sheet on top of her. She was about to get up to switch off the light when she felt a tug on her shirt.

"Byulyi, can I ask you something?" Yongsun eyes fluttered open. Her fluffy cheeks were crimson red and a goofy smile plastered on her lips.

She's pretty.

"Shoot."

"Kiss me."

"What??!!"

Before Byulyi could comprehend what was going on, Yongsun pulled her closer and put her lips on hers. Byulyi's mind went blank as the short circuit through her veins.

Little did they know, a pair of eyes watching behind the unclosed door with clenched fist and shattered heart.