Pinky Promise

Pinky Promise

 

Donghae was lying awake in the dorms one thundery night. Wind was pounding at the windows again; it was nearly hailing and the heating had switched off, so Donghae lay cold and scared. He tried not to be - after all, it was after his birthday and he was twenty five years old. He wouldn't let himself be scared … but he was.

 

Donghae picked up his phone and relaxed immediately seeing the familiar picture that was his wallpaper. Hyukjae. It changed weekly and Hyukjae was usually the one who changed it; but this time he had chosen it - a selca taken at the 2011 Idol Olympics, when Hyukjae still had that lovely blonde hair that he could wrap his fingers in … with a grin and the shake of his head, he flicked onto his contacts.

 

To: MyAnchovy

From: FishyHae

 

Hyukkie I'm scared :(

 

It took a while before Hyukjae texted back, but Donghae guessed he wouldn't be very happy; it had turned out to be three in the morning.

 

To: FishyHae

From: MyAnchovy

 

WTF you pabo fish?! It's 3am! Go back to sleep!

 

Donghae whimpered and texted back.

 

To: MyAnchovy

From: FishyHae

 

But it's storming and I can't :/

 

___

 

Hyukjae sighed as he received the text from his boyfriend, rolling his eyes at the emoticons. "Pabo," he whispered.

 

To: FishyHae

From: MyAnchovy

 

You'd better come up then, hadn't you?

 

To: MyAnchovy

From: FishyHae

 

I can't I'm scared Hyuk.

 

With another roll of his eyes, Hyukjae answered the message.

 

To: FishyHae

From: MyAnchovy

 

Fine I'm coming down. Don't be scared when I tap on your door. You’d better pay me back for this!

 

Hyukjae pulled on a pair of loose sweatpants and a wifebeater; the twelfth floor wasn't cold, seeing as he was sleeping in a pair of boxers. With a slight grin playing around his lips, the dancer slipped outside his room, being careful not to make any noise, and took the steps three at a time until he was outside the dorms. Grinning as he realized the key was in his pocket and the fact he was wearing his boyfriend's sweatpants, he took the key and slotted it in, peeking his head around the door of the eleventh floor dorms and shutting it carefully. He tiptoed to Donghae's door and knocked quietly, earning a quiet squeal from the man inside.

 

"I told you to watch out for me," Hyukjae rolled his eyes, slipping quietly into Donghae's room and sliding under his duvet. "What the hell, Donghae, you're freezing,"

 

"The heating went off and I don't know how to turn it back on," Donghae whispered.  He earned himself another roll of his eyes from Hyukjae who got out the bed again and retrieved  a pair of sweatpants from his drawer; he noticed with amusement that they were his.

 

"Why are you wearing my sweatpants?" Donghae asked, glancing his at boyfriend up and down as he placed his phone and key on the bedside table and chucked him the clothing.

 

"I could ask you the same thing," Hyukjae chuckled with amusement. "Why are mine in your drawer?"

 

Donghae went bright red, and muttered something unintelligible which Hyukjae decided to ignore.

 

"Anyway, it's still storming isn't it? Why aren't you whimpering with fear?" Hyukjae said, putting Donghae's sweatpants on him and crawling back inside the duvet.

 

"You're here so-" but right on cue, another thunder pane rattled the window and Donghae clutched onto Hyukjae with fear, who held Donghae and rocked him with a frown. He Donghae's hair and kissing his soft lips, distracting Donghae from the thunder.

 

"Promise you'll never let go?" Donghae asked in a whisper, wrapping his fingers around Hyukjae's arm and pulling him closer.

 

"I promise," Hyukjae said with a grin, kissing the top of his fluffy hair and putting a warm hand on the small of his back, pulling the two men closer until their lips were a few millimeters away from eachother.

 

"Do you pinky promise?" Donghae asked again; grinning as Hyukjae rewarded him with a deep kiss on his lips, his hand finding its way into Donghae's sweatpants and squeezing his . Donghae yelped but Hyukjae silenced him with another kiss.

 

"Pinky promise," Hyukjae murmured against their lips as they separated for oxygen. "And that was for waking me up at three in the morning," Donghae muttered a reply which Hyukjae couldn't quite work out, and so Hyukjae raised Donghae's chin until their eyes were once again locked together.

 

"What did you say?" Hyukjae whispered, pushing their noses together. He had a feeling what Donghae was saying; he didn't like admitting his love much when they were intimate positions like this. Hyukjae had no idea why; but he loved to tease his boyfriend.

 

"I said I love you," Donghae said clearly. He gazed at Hyukjae and kissed him first, smiling as he felt Hyukjae's lips mouth the words "I love you," against his own.

 

That night, both men slept the best sleep they'd had for weeks.