chasing highs (socky)

dancing on the moon

minhyuk and sanha go to laser house and sanha is at playing games

----

[ddana] is online

[ddana]

can yall believe minhyuk is making me go to laser house with him

For a person who didn’t like running, being covered in sweat and above all of this was way too tall to hide anywhere, Sanha was about to go the laser house with his best friend. Minhyuk tried to persuade him for days, weeks even and he finally decided to give in. It’s not like this could end bad, right?

[dongminion]

fun!!!

[emjay]

u sure it’s a good idea considering your condition

[ddana]

what condition

[emjay]

being in love and

Well, this was another thing. One of the most important things that changed his mind to this whole outing was the fact he was head over heels in Minhyuk. At first he hadn’t wanted to go there, because he didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of his crush. But later on, when the other kept talking him into this whole laser house idea – he couldn’t resist. A perspective of them two spending their evening together, somewhere far away from their obnoxious friends was really tempting.

[ddana]

im deleting myself from this conversation

[ddana]

and this world

[ddana] is offline

He dropped the phone onto his bed and swirled around on the chair. There were still two hours until he was supposed to meet Minhyuk in the mall, because apparently, it was really close from there to go to the laser house. That’s why he decided to just pick the outfit for their little date  that was comfortable enough to run in it, but also not too loose so he won’t look like a sack of potatoes (and it was very likely for him to look like that because of his slim posture). Sanha hated sportswear with passion, mostly because he hated sport itself, so instead of sweatpants, he decided on a pair of skinny jeans that were stretching just okay. He could just add some white t-shirt to it and be ready to go, but there was still a lot of time for him to spare. That’s why he sat in front of his laptop and decided to play some games, minutes passing by just as they were seconds.

If it wasn’t for the beeping of his phone, he would almost be late for their meeting. Minhyuk kept texting him how excited he was about this whole laser house. He wanted to go there for such a long time but he hadn’t had a lot of free time just until today. That’s why Sanha finally accepted to go with him – because he knew how much Minhyuk would be disappointed if he couldn’t spend his weekend, free from school and work, away.

Sanha jumped from his seat, when he realized how much time he had left after he was supposed to meet Minhyuk at mall. He took his keys and phone on the way out and almost run to their place of meeting.

“I’m seriously going to run my life out today,” he said to himself, breath unsteady.

When he arrived at mall, he could see Minhyuk waving to him from far away. Even from that distance, he looked stunning. His light-colored hair looked really good on him and his new glasses made him look even cuter than he always was. Sanha noticed he also didn’t wear any sweatpants or other sports clothes, so he was good on this one. But what he did notice was Minhyuk pants that looked like were way too tight on his thighs and he felt like screaming.

“It will be a really long day,” Sanha muttered to himself, just as he was walking up to his best friend.

Minhyuk waved at him cutely again and smiled brightly. “Hey! Ready for some shooting?”

“Yeah, I feel like shooting myself.” Sanha rolled his eyes and Minhyuk made a disappointing face.

“Don’t be like that! It will be fun!” He wasn’t sure about this. Running wasn’t his thing, dark places weren’t his thing, spending time alone with Minhyuk also started to become to bother him. Because he couldn’t calm his racing heart every time they looked each other in eyes or touched each other hands. Minhyuk was really touchy and it was making Sanha lose his mind. Every brush of hands or hug made him not want to let go and ask for more. That’s why that evening spend with Minhyuk could either turn really good or really bad.

“Fine, let’s go then… Lead the way.”

And they went there, just as Minhyuk said – it was really close from the mall, a five minute walk or so. When they arrived, there was some lady at the desk asking them to fill up a form and pay for as many hours as they want to spend in the laser house. They decided for two and if they like it, they will just pay for more and go there again.

The first thing Sanha noticed was how Minhyuk’s eyes sparkled when he was looking at the equipment they got. He was really excited, looking around the place, noticing every little thing Sanha didn’t even pay attention to. Minhyuk’s face was way more mesmerizing than the instructions some guy was giving them on how to use the gun or how the things worked. Later on, he realized it was a bad idea, because now he was standing in the line to go inside the battle field and he knew no .

“This is already fun, I’m so excited!” Minhyuk exclaimed just before they were about to go two separate ways. The only thing he noticed was that they were on two opposite teams which meant they will have to battle against each other and will probably spend this whole evening not seeing each other at all. On one hand, it was good – he won’t have to bother about his feelings, but on the other – weren’t they supposed to spend their time together? But right now there wasn’t any time to think about it, because they had to go inside.

“Well, ,” Sanha exclaimed as he noticed how dark it was and how much he glowed because of the UV lights. He shouldn’t have worn a white shirt because now, everyone could see him from far away. “This is it for my laser tag game.”

He decided to hide behind a wall that was reaching just below his chest. Crouching a little bit, he managed to make himself not visible to everyone and have some time to look at his equipment. He was wearing a jacket that had green lights on it, which probably meant he was still alive for now. The gun he was holding was quite big but not as heavy as he expected. He tried to shoot once and there was laser coming out of it and he decided it looked impressive. Maybe it will be fun, he thought.

But then he heard some footsteps and he decided he was actually scared. He didn’t even hear what the instructor told all of them about how much lifes they have or if they actually have to finish the game if they get shot. That’s why he was very wary, fidgeting in place when he heard someone getting near him. He looked sideways, still not noticing anyone. The sound of someone running was getting closer and closer, but he couldn’t tell from which side it was. He decided to turn around and look above the wall he was previously leaning on. There was someone, a girl with high ponytail that had a red band on her arm – meaning she was from different team than him. Sanha decided to try and do something. That’s why he placed his gun just on top of the wall. She noticed him too late, because at that moment he took a shot at her jacket, the green lights turning red.

“,” he heard her shout. He laughed out loud and again, quickly hid behind the wall.

What he didn’t expect, when he turned around, was Minhyuk standing above him in all his might. He was grinning while pointing his gun at Sanha’s jacket. “I’ve caught you,” he said with way too much cuteness in his voice and shoot Sanha. Then he just simply ran away, laughing like some madman.

“ you, Park Minhyuk!” he shouted out loud but only heard a laugh in return.

Now he didn’t know what to do. Was that game over for him? Or was he supposed to wait for something or someone? Then he heard it, a voice with countdown coming from his own jacket. 3, 2, 1… And then the red lights on his jacket turned green again. “Okay, so that’s how it works.” He sighed with relief because he would make a fool of himself if he lost the game in the first five minutes.

He decided to look for a better spot, somewhere he could hide with his height. Now he envied Myungjun, because he could hide anywhere with that tiny body of his. But he didn’t have to worry about it too long since soon enough he found an old looking car without any wheels that was a perfect hiding spot for him. He couldn’t see much from this place but at least no one will shoot him too soon. He still didn’t know how many lifes he had on him, that’s why he decided to play safe.

From the old car, he still could hear people running around and sounds of lasers and countdowns so it meant there were probably a lot of players around him, but no one noticed him hiding there. Until someone decided to hide just behind the car he was sitting in. He begged that someone to not try to get into this car because if it was someone from the opposite team, it will be a disaster. Sanha didn’t have fast reflexes so he knew he would be the one who will get shot first. So he sat with his hands gripping on the gun and waiting for that someone to go away.

But luck wasn’t on his side today because he could hear that person trying to get into the car through the door from the backseat, but they weren’t working, Sanha knew that because he also checked them. This means, his hiding spot will be revealed in seconds and he had nowhere to hide.

Then it happened and Sanha was ready to shoot, but he realized it was Minhyuk again. “Oh, there you are! I was looking for you!” he said and sat on the drivers’ seat, just next to Sanha who was on passenger’s place. “Why are you not playing?” he asked, concern in his eyes still visible in the dim light.

“I am playing. Can’t you see I’m hiding?” Sanha waved around with the gun still in his hand, almost hitting Minhyuk in head.

“But you should run, shoot some people! This game is so fun but I can’t see you playing it and it makes me sad…” Minhyuk smile dropped and it almost broke Sanha’s heart. The older boy wanted to go with him somewhere, spend a fun time outside, yet Sanha was a total bore and hid in a car so no one will catch him.

“What do you mean, I’m having fun! I was just waiting for a good opportunity!” Sanha put a fake smile onto his face because he couldn’t think straight. He wasn’t sure if he was ready for running around the venue, but Minhyuk expressions were making him dizzy. He didn’t want a person he adored so much to be sad.

Then Minhyuk grinned with all the power he had in him. “That’s good! This is why…” he started and then put his face really close to Sanha’s. They were centimeters away and both of their faces were red, they could notice it from this distance. When Sanha was ready to get even closer, Minhyuk choose a moment to say: “I’m giving you a good opportunity” and shoot him right into his jacket, making the green lights on Sanha’s jacket turn red another time, just like he did a while ago. Then he laughed out loud and walked out of the car, leaving a shocked and flustered Sanha alone.

That was the time Sanha decided, it was war.

He ran out of the car with a lot of things in his head. But he didn’t have time to think about it, he had only one target – to shoot Minhyuk (however it sounded). At first, he couldn’t find him. There were a lot of people running around; he also tried to hide as much as he could. He was shot once by the girl he targeted at the very beginning of their game, but overall he was doing pretty well. He managed to shoot few people which he was very proud of. But there was still no sigh of Minhyuk, he was probably hiding somewhere or befriending his teammates – that’s just how he was.

When he looked with a corner of his eye behind the wall he was leaning on right now, after running away from someone from the opposite team, he could finally notice him. Minhyuk was standing there, his countdown was still on which meant he was shoot only seconds ago. That’s why Sanha run up to him, because he knew Minhyuk won’t be able to target him if he’s still theoretically dead.

“Park Minhyuk!” he shouted over the deep house music that was playing in the background.

Minhyuk turned around to see who’s calling him, even though he knew no one talked to him like that besides his parents or Sanha when he was extremely nervous or angry. “Oh hey! You finally walked out of that car!” His grin was still visible in the dark, the UV lamps making his white teeth glow.

“Yeah and I actually have something for you,” Sanha said, anger and determination in his voice. He didn’t know where this whole confidence came from. Maybe from running around just to find him or the fact he made Sanha expect something in that car, or maybe just because he was nervous. But what he did was something he would never do in his right mind.

He walked up to Minhyuk and kissed him hard, on his lips. The older boy flustered didn’t know what to do, his hands stopped mid-air, the gun that was attached to his wrist was weighing his arm down since he released it out of shock. Sanha started to think it was a bad idea but all of sudden, Minhyuk started to answer the kiss with more power to it. His fingers were now wrapped around the hem of Sanha’s shirt and gripping it tight. The kiss went for another few seconds; the voice of countdown from Minhyuk’s jacket was still heard in the background. When it reached to end, Sanha backed away, his lips swollen, breath unsteady. They looked each other in the eyes and none of them knew what to do or say.

Then Sanha snapped and put a hand on his gun, shooting Minhyuk again. His jacket turned red again but Minhyuk didn’t even notice, still too shocked to perceive what just happened.

“See you again in battlefield, Park Minhyuk!” Sanha saluted with a big grin on his face and run away to hide his enormous blush and pounding heart, leaving flustered Minhyuk alone in the dark corner.

[ddana] is online

[ddana]

i ed up big time

[emjay]

and when you do not

[dongminion]

^

--- 

send me prompts on my tumblr @coupd or curiouscat @eunking