everyone, but you (binwoo)

dancing on the moon

based on prompt

Person A: This is so frustrating! I hate everything! I hate everyone!

Person B: *voice cracks* everyone?

Person A: ….

Person A: *sighs* everyone, but you

---

Everyone was already done with the hell week, both theoretically and practically. In particular, they were done with life. After hours of studying, revising and reading, the second years were exhausted. The homework that was piling on their desk seemed like it won’t stop growing. But after the final week of exams, they could breathe with ease. Except for some students that weren’t able to pass some of the tests and have had to retake them.  And one of that people was of course Moon Bin, the oh-so golden boy. Maybe he was golden but not in Mathematics. He could say silver, well maybe even bronze.

The thing is, he learned so much for this exam, even his boyfriend helped him with it but it was for nothing. Moon Bin could sing pretty well, dance even better, his English skills were not that bad, and he even managed to do well in science. So he couldn’t understand why Mathematics was his Achilles heel. When he received the results from a teacher with a disappointed look on her face, he could say it probably went bad. And it really did, considering his very low mark on the paper.

Two hours after getting his test back, Bin went straight to the cafeteria just to bang his tray loudly on the table. Four boys sitting at it flinched. The brunet groaned and joined them. “I hate my life,” he said and his friends looked at him in confusion.

“What happened?” the youngest of them all, Sanha, asked. He was stuffing kimbap into his already full mouth. Sometimes Moon Bin wondered how he could even manage to fit everything in there.

Bin wasn’t sure if he should sigh or groan again. He had thought he was done with all the exams, but it turned out he wasn’t. “I failed Maths. I have to retake my exam.”

All of the boys groaned instead of him. They were supposed to go to the beach next week and they knew that if he won’t be able to pass his test, his parents won’t let him go. The group promised his parents, that if he will have perfect marks on his final paper, they will not only let him go, but also pay for their transport. That’s why all of them agreed in a second.

At that moment, Dongmin approached their table and gave a quick kiss at Bin’s temple. He noticed that everyone looked under the weather and tilted his head. “What happened?” he asked and ruffled his boyfriend’s hair, earning an affectionate look from the younger boy.

Moon Bin sighed sadly and handed him his test. “I failed my Mathematics test, I’m doomed.” Dongmin looked at it with concern, analyzing every single mistake his boyfriend has made. It wasn’t that bad, he could sense that Bin actually knew how to solve the problems on the exam. But it looked like he got tired in the middle and gave up because his handwriting got sloppier and so his answers.

“Hun, it’s actually pretty good. It just looks like you decided in the middle it’s too tiring and started writing weird things. Look, you even got quadratic formula wrong in the seventh question and got it right in the second one.” Dongmin shook his head and raised his eyebrow. Everyone at the table started chuckling, except for the sulky Bin. His boyfriend laughed whole-heartedly at his pout and kissed it away. He could hear Minhyuk’s gagging noise in the background, but he didn’t care. They were used to it.

There was a light blush dusting Bin’s cheeks and Dongmin found it really cute. “I had so much homework and learning to do, I couldn’t sleep almost whole night. Of course I got tired in the middle!” He couldn’t admit in front of everyone that he also spent most of the night making out with Dongmin on his bed in the dorm, where the older sneaked in. That’s why he only raised his brows and nodded at him, trying to make him understand. But guess his boyfriend wasn’t as bright as he thought.

“What?” Dongmin asked, staring at him in confusion like the rest of their table.

Moon Bin sighed dramatically. ”You know why I was tired and couldn’t sleep!” He nudged him with an elbow, Eunwoo still confused about this whole situation. Bin was already red, even his ears covered in pink blush.

“Don’t tell me you two—“ Jinwoo started but Myungjun was quick to shut him up with his hand.

“There are kids here!” The oldest of them all said, making Minhyuk laugh and Sanha stare at him with wide eyes.

“I know about things!” The youngest of them all, but ironically also the tallest, said. He had an awkward smile on his lips and Minhyuk felt like dying from laughter.

“I feel like crying.” Myungjun fanned himself after Sanha’s confession, while Dongmin was trying to remind himself why Bin couldn’t sleep well the night before his Maths test. It was few days ago but he already forgot.

Dongmin stared at his boyfriend’s pout and chuckled. “I really can’t remember, sweetie,” he said cringeworthy and all of his friends stared at him with disgust, Bin even. He liked cheesy nicknames and actions, he couldn’t help it.

Bin sighed and his blood started to boil inside of him. He felt embarrassed and angry at the same time. It was quite a step in their relationship after all, the night they spent together making out on his bed (well they maybe did even more).  Moon Bin felt frustrated, he couldn’t understand why his boyfriend didn’t remember this. Or why he wanted to tell everybody else, if that was teasing from his side. Bin’s cheeks were red and his eyes looked like they had fire in them. He sighed one last time and almost shouted his confessions to everyone in the canteen hear. “We made out in my room for the whole night, can’t you remember?” his breath was uneven, because he felt embarrassed.

Dongmin opened his mouth in shock and nodded. Now he understood why Bin couldn’t revise Maths for his test. He actually felt bad for him but also found the situation quite funny, that’s why he chuckled, obviously making his boyfriend mad. Moon Bin was upset already because of his failed test, now his boyfriend was teasing him.

“This is so frustrating! I hate everything! I hate everyone!” the younger boy shouted out, making everybody at the cafeteria look at him. Every single person around their table was silent, even Dongmin looked shocked. There was also something in his eyes, sadness probably. He looked like he was guilty for all of this.

“Everyone?” he cracked out, making Bin sigh. He was so weak for his pouty boyfriend, it even amazed himself.

“Everyone, but you.” Moon Bin smiled at him, making Dongmin light up in happiness. He had that wide and blinding smile of his plastered onto his face and Bin couldn’t resist and kiss him. There was a wet sound of Bin’s lips smacking onto Dongmin’s and all of their friends groaned.

“Get a room, you two! Jeez, this is disgusting!” Minhyuk said and everyone laughed out loud.  Maybe they were cheesy and liked to show their feelings in front of their group of friends. But now all they had to do is revise Maths again, because there won’t be any cringy romantic dates on the beach if Bin won’t pass his exam.

---

i may or may not have written this while i was half-drunk

remember to send me some prompts on my tumblr @coupd or curiouscat @eunking