One

Cutie and the Creature
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Barely even friends, then somebody bends, unexpectedly.

Jen Choi patted down her hair roughly after running a comb through it and smoothened the creases in her uniform. Mirrors were every girl's best friend, but there was no reflective surfaces in her room. It was the first day of school for her, but the butterflies in her stomach weren't solely due to the unfamiliarity of the new environment.

After all, she had transferred out of her previous school rather unceremoniously.

Mustering up a faint smile on her face, she headed out of the school door, adjusting the mask on her face tentatively. 

No, she didn't have a cold.

She self-consciously looked down as she walked to the bus stop, letting her hair tendrils flop over her face purposefully. Jen held her breath when she realised a group of girls in the same school uniform as her- the pale yellow starchy garments- congregating and getting ready to board the same bus as her. She hurriedly looked away, pretending not to have seen them and entered the bus from the other door.

Jen grimaced as the girls plopped down 2 rows in front of her- too close for comfort. She rested her head on the seat in front of her, hoping that they wouldn't notice her since the bus was relatively empty. Luckily for her, they seemed to be engrossed in conversation- very loud conversation at that.

"Omo did you guys see Jaehyun-oppa's Instagram? Him and some of the other seniors went for a dance class together!"

"Yes omo, Mark-oppa from our batch joined them... He's so cute!"

They burst out into squeals of delight and sighs of lovestruck haziness. Jen tried to block out the voices, but not to any avail.

"Seriously though, why is Mark-oppa so perfect!?" One of the girls blurted out. "He gets along with the hyungs and with the dongsaengs..."

"That's our school soccer captain for you..." Her friend sighed back giddily. "He just gets more handsome and handsome each day..."

"He's in my class for 3 subjects this term, yay!" One of them added cheekily.

They all gave cries of exasperation upon that declaration and just then, the bus stopped at the next bus stop and another hoard of pale yellow uniform-clad students got on board. Jen made a mental note to take another route tomorrow to school.

The girls hushed immediately and pretended to be preoccupied with their phones and tidying their hair furiously as a group of boys walked past them.

"We're playing against Shinhyuk Tigers this week!?" One of the boys in the group was groaning loudly as he peered at his cell phone and to her dismay, they headed to the back where she was seated. The bus was filling up and Jen's adjacent seat was in danger of being taken. "Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter