Chapter 2- Baby

Unplanned

Jimins 9 week appointment came and Taehyung made time to come with him, it was going to be a long one from answering questions and filling out forms.
They saw the scan of the growing baby, Taehyungs eyes lit up seeing it, he squeezed Jimins hand he cooed at the child.
The doctor explained to Jimin that he should think about what Ihe's going to do with university since he's going to be at the end of the pregnacy before then, she knew he wouldn't want anything to happen while in class. he didn't want to give up the last year. They scheduled a c-section around the end of the university year to help, praying that the baby wouldn't come before then, hopefully the birth plan will actually go to plan they usually don't but in a miracle, maybe. After the appointment Taehyung took them to the owner of the small appartment to look around and see what papers they'd need to sign if they want it.
It wasn't much, one bed room with a small 'living' room and a kitchen and bath room, it wasn't as dirty as Jimin expected it to be, it looks like a nice place for a small family, it didn't seem like a lot of people wanted the place because of the 'dark' area. The landlord tells them to be careful of the people who live a couple doors down, they can be a little mean but nothing too serious, he hoped. Jimin took a wonder around on the squeeky floor boards, the bedroom was small but big enough to fit a bed and a crib inside, it was a cute small room Jimin placed a hand on his tummy and spoke to the growing baby telling he/she that this might be where they end up and to be good for daddy's. Jimin saw Taehyung asking for the ownership of the appartment to rent, he really wanted this place. Jimin did too.
He agreed to let them rent it since nobody else wanted it right now, so Taehyung excitedly signed all the papers and by the next month we should be able to move into the empty appartment. What a relief, it was quicker than expected maybe Taehyung didn't need to move into their room after all.
Jimin suddenly felt light on his feet, vision beginning to blur,  he felt sweat leaking from his head; he had felt Taehyung catch him and say words that Jimin couldn't understand.
---
Jimin woke up attached to an IV. His vision was still a blur he could make out Taehyungs figure hanging over him wiping his sweat;
"Are you ok Minnie?" Taehyung asked with concern
"I'm fine" he hummed "well the doctor says you are under nourished, baby why haven't you been eating" and other things Taeyhyung decided not to share with me. 
Jimin looked into his worried filled eyes "well, this sickness, is putting me off food so I just haven't been eating...I'm sorry" 
Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jimin and whispered sweet nothings.
---
A few days turned into 2 months (18 weeks), Jimin had to quit university because he couldn't get to exams in time therefore he had to arrange to do the course when the baby is of age to go to daycare, having to give up university was hard for Jimin he wanted so bad to complete it before the baby was here. Since male pregancies are a danger and rare, Jimins body isn't taking well to it, passing out frequently having issues that you shouldn't be if you are a female, his body is treating the baby as a disease. So the hospital was a better choice for the rest of the pregnacy.  Jimin likes to think it's his choice to stay at the hospital, to make himself feel better.
Jimin feels a lot safer in the hospital no where to really fall if he faints in bed, although it's boring at times, he has the joy of feeling the baby kick him and he sings to it and tells him about his daddy when he isn't here. Taehyung is busy working and saving up. He feels guilty for leaving everything for Taehyung to figure out all these things but Taehyung insists it's ok and that he needs to stay healthy for their baby. Jimin never sees the affect on Taehyung.
They are deciding to find out the gender and the accurate due date tomorrow since the c-section appointment was no longer needed since he quit but they can move it to a further date; c-section is the only way to allow this baby out; all this before Taehyung starts class at 9am.
Taehyung has been bouncing on his feet all night, the hospital don't mind Taehyung staying with Jimin through the nights, the staff have been nothing but nice to the soon to be parents they are nothing but grateful.
Getting closer to midnight Jimin and Taehyung cuddle on the hospital bed talking about baby things and how much stuff Taehyung already has from buying them things with their tiny pay check, they talk about what names they would like for each gender and how they will announce it to Yoongi and Seokjin. They act like their parents, which is quite humorous at times.
----
"Hey Jimin, Taehyung you wanna go get that scan, the doctor will be ready for you in 10 minutes" Mina announced,
They walked down to the ultrasound room, the doctor asked a lot of questions to Jimin which shocked Taehyung, who knew these questions exsisted.
Jimin layed on the hospital bed with the gel smudged around with his belly, the small baby on the screen wiggling around happily. Taehyung looked at the screen filled with love, Jimin was still drained from the pregnancy but loved the baby as much as Taehyung did.
The doctor checked for what seemed nothing but everything, pointing out that things were ok and the rest is doing the baby well.
"So..." the doctor began to speak with a smile "you're having a boy!"
Taehyungs lips grew into the widest rectagular smile Jimin ever saw, and well Jimin, he just cried. 
--- 
Taehyung showed pictures of the cribs they can get for their child, for their one bed roomed apartment, he wanted to Jimin to choose everything since he wasn't there to see it, Taehyung wanted to make their home right for Jimin and prepared for the baby. Sure they didn't have everything yet, a lot of furniture was still missing, but as long as they had food, a bed and baby things- everything is fine.
Jimin started to improve around the 8 month mark, his body has finally realised the baby isn't trying to kill him, he wished that he could be released but the doctors don't think it's a good idea in case anything goes wrong, he's still at risk even near the end of the pregnancy.
Jimin sighs in the dark room, waiting for Taehyung to get off work.
--
Taehyung enters the room with handfuls of bags;
"Hey babe!" as he kissed Jimin's chubby cheek.
"I brought your favourite snack, and our baby boy's first outfit! Also one from Seokjin and Yoongi" 
Jimin was in awe looking at the tiny clothes, he pet his tummy while staring at the clothes, it brought so much joy to his boring night.
"Since our baby is due in a few months I decided to start buying you know clothes and blankets and toys for him."
"He will love it" Jimin replied excitedly grabbing. "I can't wait to see our tiny home and get out of this hospital!" Jimin exclaimed knowing it won't be too long now. 
They stayed up most of the night talking about things they've read and to expect from being a parent, they know it's going to be hard but worth it. 
---
Jimin was 41 weeks when signs of labour started he was alone in the hospital bed after the doctor came to check up on him, the baby decided to stay in longer than they expected but now he's finally feeling his tummy hardening and an agonising pain shooting through his body. 
He managed to press the emergency help button and all the doctors came running in. They got machines to time his contractions to start the c-section by taking him down to the theatre.
"You have to call Taehyung right now! He needs to be here Mina!" he yelled out, Mina was already dialing Taehyungs phone number.
Taehyung arrived 20 minutes after the phone call, holding Jimin hands and whispering calming words into his ears. "Wow, baby you are doing so well, the c-section is going to be starting soon, I see the doctors preparing"
Jimin took deep breathes while trying to handle the pain of the giant needle in his back to numb him before they cut him open. Graphic! 
16 minutes after they cut Jimin open. the sounds of a crying baby filled the room and the two men couldn't hold in their tears.
Kim Jungkook
September 1st 2014
12:17 am