Catching Feelings.

If I Lose Myself I Lose It All.

With five extra people in tow, Yoongi has a much harder time checking their surroundings now. Sure, Namjoon was an idiot, but there was only so much noise he could make alone. Now, though, everyone is talking like they’ve known each other for years (everyone except Yoongi anyway because he’s just trying to do his damn job!!!) and it’s getting annoying. Yoongi is lying; it’s been annoying since the second they left the clearing.

Alright, can you all do me a favor and stop talking?” Yoongi tells them looking as irritated as he feels. He senses something move behind him and he jumps out of the way before the shot from the droid can hit him. He spins around and fires a round of bullets into the droids core processor as he hears shots fired behind him.

They’re getting ambushed by a flock of droids and Yoongi hopes that everyone can handle their self. He watches in awe as the others stab or shoot anything metal around them like professionals. Soon enough, robot parts and smoke surround them. “I’m impressed. You guys are pretty good at watching out for yourselves.” Yoongi tells them with a hint of a smile on his face.

Is that a smile I see?” Namjoon asks dimples on full display and Yoongi flips him off.

"Whatever, keep walking ,” Yoongi tells him smacking his shoulder and walking ahead of him and the others. After everyone has finally calmed down from their highs, they all stop chattering as much. Now that they're calm they're fine with the silence. Yoongi finds them a place to camp right before the sun sets and he gets to work making a fire for them.

Uh, won't that let the droids know we're here, though?” Jimin asks him eyeing the now blazing fire.

Nah. Droids see and set fires all the time, they'll think it was another one of their friends,” Yoongi tells him adding some more wood to the growing fire.

Good to know,” Jimin says with a nod before going over to sit next to Hoseok. After Yoongi gets the fire going, he looks up to see Seokjin and Taehyung cuddling close. They're talking amongst themselves like Jimin and Hoseok are and he watches on. He only watches for a minute before Namjoon and Jeongguk come back to interrupt his train of thought.

Hey, we brought more wood and some food too. You don't even want to know what Jeongguk did to these poor rabbits.” Namjoon says looking at the bloodied meat in Jeongguk's hands in distaste.

You says that and yet you're still going to eat some of it, right?” Jeongguk states more than asks but Namjoon rolls his eyes at him. He places the firewood down a few feet away from the fire before taking a seat next to Yoongi. He doesn't say anything at first, sitting there glancing at Yoongi every so often for a full five minutes. Yoongi finally gets tired of it though and turns to him.

What?” Yoongi asks giving Namjoon an unimpressed stare.

Nothing, it's a little weird imagining you smiling at me,” Namjoon says with a cocky smirk and Yoongi smacks his arm quite hard.

,” Yoongi says rolling his eyes and looking away from him. They made pretty good time today and he's mentally preparing for tomorrow. He hopes the droid ambushes stay at a bare minimum for the rest of their trip, though. Even as Yoongi thinks that though, he knows that there's much more trouble out there waiting for them. “You guys might wanna try to get some sleep. We need to leave as early as we can tomorrow morning.” Yoongi tells them as he pulls a blanket out of his bag.

I didn't bring a blanket,” Namjoon says pouting and Yoongi rolls his eyes again.

Are you serious? Did you come prepared with anything?” Yoongi asks Namjoon.

A smile?” Namjoon says sounding unsure but smiling at him anyway. Yoongi wants to throw a rock at him.

I didn't bring a blanket either actually. Jimin and Hoseok were rushing me to leave.” Jeongguk says sending the two a pointed glare. They don't seem to care much though as they snuggle up to each other in a blanket that looks much too small for them both.

I have an extra but you two are gonna have to share it,” Yoongi tells them with a quirked brow.

I watched this kid kill rabbits with a rock, we're good enough friends to share a blanket,” Namjoon says and Jeongguk chuckles.

He's got a point,” Jeongguk says, eyes bright with mirth. Yoongi hands them the blanket and, much to his annoyance, Namjoon lays down right beside him. He's too close for comfort and Yoongi grumbles at him but he completely ignores him. Yoongi watches the snuggle up under the cover before scooting over to get some more room.

You guys sleep and me and Seokjin will take turns guarding the site,” Taehyung tells them all. Yoongi wants to argue but Taehyung offers him a small, sweet smile. “You can get some rest too. We all have a long day ahead of us.” Taehyung tells him and he nods in understanding.

Well, wake me if anything happens. It's my job to protect you guys so that's what I'm going to do.” Yoongi tells them.

Aye, aye captain. Now rest up. We got this.” Seokjin says smiling at him as he goes to sit beside Taehyung to help guard the campsite. Yoongi watches them together for a while before finally letting sleep overtake him. He was much more tired than he'd thought he was.

The next morning comes a lot faster than Yoongi expects it to and he's more than reluctant to wake up. This is the most comfortable he's ever been while he slept and he wants to cherish the feeling. He's warm, much too warm for it to only be his cover, and he opens his eyes to see what's going on. When he does wake up and register what's going on, he almost jumps ten feet in the air. Namjoon is cuddling up to his back with his arms wrapped around him and their bodies molded together. Even Jeongguk's fingertips are brushing over his hip under their mess of blankets. Yoongi wiggles out of the cuddle pile and sits up feeling an odd mix of feelings swirling around in his gut. He looks up to see Seokjin and Taehyung smiling at him and his eyes widen.

Don't worry, we won't tell anyone,” Seokjin says with a smile as Taehyung winks. Yoongi hates how he blushes like a school girl at the thought of Namjoon wrapped around him. He clears the image out of his head and stands to start packing and waking everyone else up. When everyone is up and ready to go, they start to head out of their campsite and back onto the trail. It's a pretty calm morning and there's a cool breeze blowing through the forest.

So, what's on the itinerary for today boss?” Namjoon asks sidling up to Yoongi.

"Try to stay alive for as long as you can," Yoongi tells him with a shrug.

"You're such a cheerful person, you know?" Namjoon asks and Yoongi shrugs again.

"You'll get used to it," Yoongi tells him with a small smirk. Instead of deterring Namjoon though, that makes him smile wider.

"Are you insinuating that we're gonna spend so much time together that we'll get used to each other?" Namjoon asks looking smug and before Yoongi can smack him in the head, someone else does.

"You're welcome," Hoseok tells him with a wide smile. Namjoon whines but Yoongi gives him a high five.

"In a few hours, we should get to a village. Of course, the houses are all abandoned but the utilities should still work." Yoongi tells them. "We'll stay in one of the houses tonight and then we'll be on our way in the morning."

"Utilities? You mean like water and stuff?" Jimin asks sounding hopeful.

"But of course," Yoongi says smiling at the younger man.

"A hot shower sounds like heaven right now. I know it's only been a day but I feel gross." Jeongguk says walking a little bit ahead of everyone.

"Don't you think you should stay back behind the trained Ranger?" Seokjin asks as Taehyung pulls Jeongguk back beside them. Jeongguk pouts but he knows they're right. Everyone is on the lookout for droids and Yoongi is the most qualified of them all to take care of them.

"How did you even find your way through these trees?" Jeongguk asks readjusting the strap on the backpack he's carrying.

"I'm a trained Ranger, in case you forgot. We trained in places like this and, since I was the best during training, forests kind of became my territory." Yoongi says with a shrug.

"Alright, I have to ask, how old are you? You look far too young to be a certified Ranger." Hoseok says and Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Hobi, remember to use your filter," Jimin says as if this is something they've discussed before.

"I'm twenty-five. I turned twenty-five in March actually." Yoongi tells him with a nod.

"So you started training to be a Ranger pretty young, huh?" Taehyung asks and Yoongi nods.

"I started at around fifteen and became a full Ranger before my eighteenth birthday. I've been out on rescue missions ever since." Yoongi tells them.

"That's so young," Jimin says to himself for the most part.

"Yeah, well, it's a tough job but someone has to do it," Yoongi says with a shrug.

"Must be pretty lonely," Jeongguk says as if making casual conversation.

"I manage," Yoongi says. The answer is short and sweet but everyone knows that they should talk about something else.

"How much farther to the village?" Namjoon asks sounding a little winded trying to keep up with everyone else.

"About an hour," Yoongi tells him.

"Then why can't we just shower and eat and then head back out?" Hoseok asks. It's still pretty early in the afternoon and they could most definitely make it a few more miles farther.

"The weather seems like it's going to get bad today. By the time everyone finishes cleaning up and we take whatever we can find, it'll be storming." Yoongi tells them much to everyone's confusion.

"There aren't even any clouds in the sky right now, though," Taehyung tells him and everyone agrees with him.

"Not yet but there will be. Trust me." Yoongi tells them.

Sure enough, when they make it to the little town, there are storm clouds gathering above them. "How did you even know that would happen?" Jeongguk asks when he feels a sprinkle of rain fall on his arm.

"I just knew," Yoongi tells them. The little village they've made it to seems to be in pretty decent shape as Yoongi looks around at the houses. "The droids must have run everyone out before they could ruin the village." Yoongi states taking in his surroundings.

"You're sure there are no droids left here?" Jimin asks adjusting the strap of the backpack on his shoulder.

"Positive. When they raid a village, they tear up the houses and kill anyone there. This village has been wiped clean already." Yoongi tells them.

"This is kind of creepy. It's like you can see what people were doing right before the droids raided here." Seokjin says shaking his head sadly. His eyes are focused on children's toys outside of one of the larger houses and his eyes are cloudy.

"It helps if you don't think about it," Yoongi tells him looking everywhere but at the toys.

All the doors on the all the houses are already busted open and easy to enter. Yoongi picks one of the larger houses to lead the others into and goes in with his gun cocked in case he was wrong. He checks every corner of the downstairs before motioning for the others to come inside. The house is dirty, much like everyone expected, with clothes and toys thrown all around it. Taehyung pulls Seokjin close when the other stops to stare at more of the toys.

"It's ok hyung. Don't worry, just try to ignore them." Taehyung tells him and Seokjin nods against his shoulder. After Yoongi finishes checking the house for unwanted guests, he puts his gun on safety and puts it away.

"Alright, so there's four bathrooms and the water still works. It may not be hot but at least it's water. I'll check the kitchen for food while you guys clean up." Yoongi tells them before going into the kitchen.

"I'll help him look," Namjoon tells them.

"Me too," Jeongguk says going in the kitchen as the others go shower.

"Did you find anything?" Namjoon asks and Yoongi nods. He tests a light out to make sure it works and his smile almost takes Namjoon's breath away. He wishes he always smiled like that.

"There's lots of food. These people were most likely evacuated by one of my superiors." Yoongi says and Jeongguk tilts his head.

"How do you know that?" Jeongguk asks leaning against the dusty counter.

"Because most people who ran away grabbed things like food and water to take with them. If they evacuated then they didn't need to take anything with them, so they didn't." Yoongi says. "There are lots of canned goods here in this pantry and there should be a few things in the freezer and the cabinets. Anything in the refrigerator has probably gone bad by now." Yoongi tells them. They raid the cabinets and, soon enough, they line the counters with things they can eat. They can take the food with them for the road or they can eat it tonight but, either way, they have food to last awhile.

"Should we wait until everyone finishes their showers before we cook?" Namjoon asks and he sounds awfully close to Yoongi. Yoongi turns around to see the other towering over him as he looks into the pantry. He hates how their proximity makes his breath halt in his chest.

"Ye-yeah. We should." He stutters willing the blush on his cheeks to go away. Namjoon smiles down at him and he hates how cute his dimples are. He also hates himself for saying that Namjoon's dimples are cute. What the hell is wrong with him?

You should join us when you're done,” Namjoon says with a smirk. He steps away from Yoongi and turns to walk to the living room. Yoongi lets out a sigh of relief and leans against the pantry door.

You know, as someone who is just a simple outside observer, it looks to me like you have a crush on him.” Yoongi hears behind him. He jumps and turns to see Seokjin standing there with a smug smile on his face.

Well, you would be wrong because I don't have a crush on him. We've only known each other 48 hours so how could I have a crush on him?” Yoongi asks with a sigh.

Are you trying to convince me or you?” Seokjin asks with a raised brow.

I'm going to take a shower,” Yoongi says in light of an answer.

There's food and everything here so we can make it for everyone later.” He says pointing to the counter behind him.

When he comes out of the shower, he can smell something cooking and he follows the scent to the kitchen. Seokjin is standing at the stove cooking something in a skillet while everyone else cuts up vegetables or helps measure out spices. Yoongi watches everyone talk together like they've been friends for their entire life. Everyone is joking around together and Yoongi doesn't feel like he really belongs.

Yoongi hyung, come try this,” Jeongguk says waving him over when he notices him. When Yoongi goes over to the younger, he sees that he has a roll of kimbap in his hand. Yoongi takes the piece from between his fingers and chews it smiling up at the younger.

"This is so good," Yoongi tells him groaning a little at the taste. Jeongguk's smile is wide and bright and it makes Yoongi's chest hurt in a weird way.

"I made it myself," Jeongguk says still smiling. Yoongi looks up to see Namjoon standing there silently and he tilts his head at him.

"Why aren't you cooking with them?" Yoongi asks and Namjoon gives him a bashful smile. It's Seokjin who answers that question for him.

"He almost set a towel on fire earlier so he doesn't get to help," Seokjin tells him. Yoongi sees a change on Seokjin's face that worries him. He doesn't know how, but he knows that the look the older man has isn't one that he'll like. "The food is almost done so we don't need any more help. Why don't you, Namjoon, and Jeongguk go wait in the living room." Seokjin says smiling sweetly at him. Yoongi glares but he doesn't have time to say anything as Namjoon and Jeongguk drag him out of the room.

"I'm glad he let me leave, I was so bored not doing anything," Namjoon says pulling Yoongi to the couch. Namjoon and Jeongguk sit on either side of him and he feels like an elf trapped between two giants.

"How are you both so much taller than me?" Yoongi grumbles and Jeongguk laughs.

"Good genes," Jeongguk tells him and Yoongi flicks him in the nose.

In the kitchen, Seokjin is still smiling and Taehyung narrows his eyes at him. "What are you doing?" Taehyung asks with a raised brow and Seokjin just smiles at him.

"I'm doing what I think is right," Seokjin tells him.

"You aren't always right, you know?" He tells him and Seokjin scowls.

"Well, I'm right this time." Seokjin rage whispers at him.

"If you guys are talking about his blatant attempt to get those three together, then I'm pretty sure we all know. I'm in as long as Jeongguk doesn't hurt me." Hoseok tells them.

"Me too. Kookie has such a huge crush on those two it's almost sad." Jimin adds in.

"Glad you guys are on the right team. Now, let's go eat." Seokjin tells them taking a tray out to the living room for them to start eating.