I'm here

I'm here

 

It's been six years since the last time I meet him. He came back as he promised But... He didn't remember me.

 

I was walking down the road while carrying bags of things for Chinese New Year. I'm nervous. My mom said he and his family will celebrate the night with us.  

Actually I don't know what to expect. What are his reaction when he sees me? We already meet each other everyday at a cafe where I worked. He even greeted me. Only that he didn't know who I am. 

 

I finally arrived at my home. I could hear the loud noise from within the house.

 

He's here. I gulped. I tried to calm myself. as I open the door. Thankfully the living room and the door are quite far so no one can see me for the moment.

 

"Mom." I called. Soon, my mom came with bright smile on her face. She must be happy to see her bestfriend after years. 

 

"Go say hye to Mr. and Mrs Wen." My mom took the bags carried it to the kitchen. Should I?

 

I did a little jumping before walking to the living room. I could felt a lot pair of eyes staring at me as I walked in. 

 

"Yuna? It's that you?" Mrs Wen hurriedly towards me. She hugged me tightly. 

 

I scan the surrounding. There are six people in the living room My dad, sister, Mr Wen, a little kid and him. He's right there. Standing beside my sister. I don't dare to look at his face. I don't know what's his reaction.

 

"I'm sorry. I've something to do." as fast as I can, I walked to my room. 

 

I felt I want to hide myself forever. Why did he have to be came here. It's better he didn't remember or know me forever. Am I upset? Of course I am. 

 

He promised he would comeback after three years. He didn't. But I waited. I tried to think positively. Maybe he has something to do. After six years, he cameback. But he didn't remember me. I felt like crying. But why should I crying for him?

 

I fell asleep and misses the Chinese New Year countdown. I woke up because of the fireworks. I get out from my room. I walked pass through the living room straight to the frontdoor. I could hear my mom called me but ignores it. I don't want to see him.

 

I put on my shoes and before I could go anywhere, someone suddenly grapping my hand. I look back and froze. 

 

"Where are you going? Don't want to celebrate with us?" He asked. Why? Why he bothered?

 

"None of your business." I said. I tried to pull my hand, but his held it tighter.

 

"Is it because of me?" I could heard the solemness in his voice.

 

"What do you mean by that?" I looked directly into his eyes. He was startled by that. 

 

"I.." He hesitated. "I didn't recognize you. I broke our promise. I don't remember you.I.." He hesitated again.

 

"I did everything you told me. I kept my hair long even if I hate it so that you can recognize me. This. This scarf you gave me" I pull the red scarf from my neck. "I keep wearing it so that you know it's me."

 

"You told me don't look at other guys since I have you so I didn't. You said you would comeback so that I can continued to lean on you. They don't understand why I always talked about you everyday? why I waited for you? I'm weak so I need you. But. I'm not worth enough for you to remember me." I said, without showing any emotion that build up inside.

 

"Forget about it. I don't mind it. Forget all... all about it. You couldn't help it. Everyone forget something in their life." I speaks again before he could say anything.

 

After a long silence, he said. "Is there anything I can do? I don't want it to end like this." I backed out a little when he moves slightly closer towards me. 

 

"What am I to you? What am I to you until you bothered about this!" I yelled and harshly pulled my hand from his. I know everyone in the can hear and I don't care.

 

"My First love." He said suddenly. I stares at him in disbelief. 

 

"What?"

 

"It's an act." He confessed "How can I forget someone as beautiful as you. I'm so happy when I first saw you after six years. You are like what I imagines. Long black wavy hair with red scarf. Big eyes with extremely long eyelashes."

 

"What are talking about?" I can felt my tears started to fall down. I don't know how to react. So he was pretending this whole time? But why? Why did he do this to me?

 

he continued, "I want to see you badly. I want to know how hard you've been trying to get my attention. I want to know that you still depend on me or not. So I acted like I don't know you. I wanted to how much you need me in your life."

 

I grabbed his shirt caused I felt like I'm gonna fall on my knees. He held my shoulders. 

 

"I love you." He said with the most loving and beautiful smile I've ever seen.

 

I couldn't hold it so I cried so hard like I don't even cared if my family sees me. He lifted my chin up before he wipes my tears. 

 

"Don't cry. I'm here." 

 

I hugged him so tightly. I don't want to let him go. I will never let him go. That night, on Chinese New Year is the night I can never forget. I love You, Jun.