Chapter 16

Loving You

"Hello Cassie?"

"Uhm, hi. Did I disturb you?" I ask, playing with Holly on my lap. It was the 22nd of December and  the guys all went out saying they need to buy something. Since it was our break, I was free for the day.

"No, of course not." She answers.

I inhaled. Should I say it? Uhh, whatever here it goes. "I'm honestly free today if you want to meet up or something." I blurted.

"Really? Today? Yeah, definitely. Are you free for dinner tonight?Maybe 6? I will cook for you." I can sense her excitement.

"I am. Then uh, I will see later then."

"Yes, yes Cassie. Bye."

I turned off my phone and looked up the clock. 3:00 pm. Will our meeting be okay? Can I do it? I did a lot of thinking regarding my mom, should I take a chance with our broken relationship? I know it will never return to how we used to before but maybe it would be worth it. I remember Yoongi saying to take it slowly, he was right. I never have to push too hard, I just want to maybe give it a chance and who knows what will happen in the end.

After our discussion this morning, when Jin Young left for Jeju, I told the rest of the guys my story. SInce they were startled when I told their mom that my paernts were separated. Jin and Yoongi was quite the whole time because they already know. The other 5 had mixed emotions after I told him, especially Taehyung. "Do you know how I feel right now? I feel angry and sad, I didn't know you were having such a hard time here. You could've called me, I mean I felt relieved that at least Jin and Yoongi knows what you're going through. But what about the rest of us?" It was my first time seeing him talk so seriously to me and on top of that he was mad.

I didn't blame him. Of course I wanted to let them all know because I know they will accept me or comfort me. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner and I understand you must be upset. I did want to tell all of you but maybe I was scared at first, that after you'll know my story you will end up pitying me instead of seeing me as me." That was my answer to Taehyung's question.

We were all on that table this morning, it was our very first sincere talk. I decided to open up to them more and let them know my inner feelings. I didn't want their pity or anything, I just wanted to let them all know. "You didn't have an easy life Cassie, but thank you for opening up to us. I hope in the future you could freely talk about your sincere feelings to all of us." Najoon later said.

It was a little awkward when we finished our conversation. Taehyung was still upset when I went up and until they went out this afternoon. He didn't talk to me, and I don't blame him. "I know what he's feeling right now, I'm also upset with you but I know I can't avoid you. But promise me Cassie, please dont deal with things alone, hmm?" Hoseok said to me when he came to see me. And that made me feel better.

Suddenly I hear a honk from below, I went in the windows and peeked and the boys went out one by one from the car. I waved at Jimin when he saw me peeking and he waved back and motioned me to come down.

"That's a bunch of stuff you have there." I said while descending down the stairs. They were unloading boxes and plastic bags.

"It's kinda late but we bought christmas decorations." Jin said.

I help them unload their stuff. They bought christmas lights, socks, wreaths, christmas trees and whole bunch of decorations. "Wow, that's a lot."I said.

"Don't worry noona, after we're done decorating here we will go decorate upstairs." Jungkook said.

Taehyung was still not talking was avoiding me, I looked at him several times but he was either busy talking to his brothers or ignoring me. "I'll go out later." I announced. They all stopped and looked at me.

"Where?" Yoongi asked.

"Remember how I told you I might be meeting with my mom, it's tonight." I said. They looked at each other and nodded. "I called her earlier, since I will be going with you in Jeju on the 24th, I might as well spend the night with her today."

"That's actually nice. And someday I hope she can also visit us here." Hoseok said.

"What time are you going out?" Namjoon asked.

"Maybe 5:30, we'll be meeting at 6. I hope I can stay and help you with decorating-

"That's okay noona. We will all decorate your house tomorrow, tonight's a very important night for you." Jimin said.

I looked at Taehyung and he was looking down, so I put Holly down and went upstairs. Taehyung was the closest to me, we had a special deep bond and we both knew that. I can endure him being in Jeju or the distance that separates us, but I can't endure him avoiding me or being upset with me because just as much as he's upset it hurts me so much.

I sat on the sofa and hugged my knees, when I heard a knock. Taehyung was looking at me when I opened the door.  "Taehyung." I was surprised to see him but I was also happy.

He handed me a shopping and I reached for it. "I bought that earlier for you when we went to the mall, I was thinking of giving it to you later but I think it would be better now."

I slightly opened it and peeked what's inside. It was a black dress. "I hope you can wear when you go see your mom tonight." he said.

"Taehyung, I'm really sorry." I apologized. It's an understatement thing to do but what else can I say? We never argued before and I never wanted to. "You can get mad at me about anything but please don't avoid me or ignore me." I begged

He sighed. "Noona, I'm not mad, okay? I'm just a little upset. Anyway I'm sorry for ignoring you, but I hope someday you can be more honest with us. I didn't mean to avoid you." He hugged me tight. "Good luck for tonight."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled. I promised myself I will be more open to them, "Thank you. And please don't ever ignore me, it's honestly scary thinking about it."

He chuckled. "Sorry. Anyway, I think you need to get ready." he said and let me go.

After showering, I put on the dress that Taehyung gave me and paired it with a flat shoes. 5:15, the clock says so I hurried downstairs. She insisted on picking me up but I said I can take a cab so she texted me the address. Yoongi was sitting in the front porch when I went down.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm taking a cab. Are they all inside?"

He nodded. We went in and the house was a mess, all the decorations were scattered on the floor and they were busy organizing the tree. "Oh noona, are you about to leave?" Jungkook asked when he saw me.

"Yeah, everything good here? It looks like you'll be decorating until tomorrow." I said.

"I know. They were goofing around earlier and now look at these mess." Jin complained.

"Good luck with that, anyway I'll see you later. I'm running a little late so, bye guys!" I said and they all waved at me and went back to doing their business.

"I'll drive you." Yoongi said.

"That's okay, Yoongi. I can-

"It's hard waiting for a cab here. Let's go."

I put in the address when we went in the car as he started it. "It's 15 minutes away from here." he said.

"Are you excited?" he asked when we were on the highway.

"I'm honestly not sure what I'm feeling right now, but I'm nervous." I was restless in my chair.

"That's normal Cassie. But I hope you can catch up on some things with her tonight and don't push yourself too much." He is comforting me, so I looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you, Yoongi." He was someone who understood my feelings well because and I listened to his suggestion of giving a chance to the relationship I have with my mom.

We arrived at 5:35 at my mom's place, when I went out he also came out. "I'm reallly nervous." I said and started to breath slowly. He grabs my hand and unknowingly I held his hand tight. Then he puts his other arm on my shoulder and looked at me, "Enjoy the moment Cassie." I nodded and hugged him quickly. "Call me when you're done, I'll pick you up." he said.

"Thank you. I'll see you later." I said as I walked up to the stairs praying this meeting will end up nice.