Chapter 25

BTS Assistant Manager 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My life is back to normal again and what I mean normal was spending half of my day in front of computer to arrange BTS schedule, half of it was going to Big Hit for meetings and keeping the boys in check during their photo shoots. During the meeting, Manager told us that Jungkook was asked to be a part of a rom-com series. He's not the lead actor but he would have a partner on it.

"Hong long he would appear on the project?" I brought my pen and notebook to take down important notes.

"SBS coordinator told me that it will be the entire drama, since this is going to be his first acting project, he will be the supporting actor just like V in Hwarang."

 

I nodded and ask again.

 

"Are there....Kissing scenes?"

 

Manager looks up at the ceiling and looked back at me. "There's a possibility. Sela sshi, are you bothered?" 

I can't believe Manager-nim is laughing at me. This is humiliating.

"No, I’m not. I just want to give Jungkook a heads up on the drama. Aish jinja manager-nim."

"Hahaha. Mianhe Sela-sshi. Don't worry it was just an act, scripted. But Jungkook might like his partner.. Let see here..."

He scans the paper that summarizes the drama and indicates the actors and actresses involve.

"Do you know Lisa of Black Pink? She's his partner. She's cute. They would look good together."

The other staffs were looking at me, I could feel they want to laugh or giggle because they giving each other those looks.

Yoo Mi spoke “I agree manager-nim. I think Lisa is Jungkook's type. He would be very motivated to work on his acting."

Yoo Mi gave me the look that urges me to poke her eyes. I sighed. What the heck is wrong with these people?! I am kinda pissed right now that the fact Jungkook is going to act in a romance comedy series.

 "Great! Then we have nothing to worry about." I tried to smile.

"I'm assigning you to go with him on the set. Give him advise if needed, arasso?"

"But Manager-nim, I already talked to the other coordinators for commercials and interviews, they're expecting me to be there as well with the boys. I can't split myself into two."

"We can handle it. He needs you there on the set. You're background was masscomm broadcasting right? That makes sense." 

 

"Ne manager-nim."

 

It doesn't make any sense! How can I advise him if I don't fully understand what's going on during the set? Korean drama has a different approach. Manager-nims were more exposed and technically they were Koreans.

 

"Sela-sshi, hwaiting!"

 

"We are counting on you."

 

The staffs are smiling at me, weirdly. I scrubbed it off and walk outside the hallway since we finished the meeting.

 

Did they take drugs? Maybe LSD.

 

Yoo Mi appeared in front of me, she’s so jumpy today.

 

"Eonnieeeee~~ hihihi"

"Yoo Mi, you look like an idiot grinning like that."

"Don’t be so grumpy. So, you and Jungkook. The production knows. Tell me about it! Tell me tell me tell me."

"Yah! There's nothing going on between us and I have nothing to tell you. Now I knew why the staffs were behaving like that during the meeting."

"Because they find you two cute. So, do you like him?"

"Why everyone is giving me a different reaction? Normally the management would be surprised and ask me to talk to Jungkook not tot to ruin his career."

"You eonni."

 I laughed. "He also told me that."

"Tell him what you really feel before it's too late."

"Jimin told me that too."

"Aish, jinjja! Why aren't you listening to us?! You are so frustrating eonni!"

"You look cute Yoo Mi." 

"I’m gonna go. Listen to our advice. Annyeong!" 

 

She headed off.

 

I'm freaking stubborn. No, I just don't want to ruin his dreams.

 

----

 

The production crew of drama is amazing! Maybe because this is my first time watching how to shoot Korean dramas.

I could feel the professionalism of every artist. They track their schedules what time should this specific scene would take place.

I saw Jungkook reviewing his script. I have no idea what he's going to do.

I took a picture of him to post it on BTS Official Face book page. I also post his other behind the scene pictures on their twitter so the fans were updated.

1 week passed and I am still going with him on the set, I saw a white van and a very pretty doll-faced girl stepping outside.

 

"Lisa!" I heard the producer calling for her.

 

Hhmm so she's Jungkook's partner.

 

The scriptwriter and director instruct them for the scene. Their first meeting is on the amusement park, I think Lisa's role is a rich spoiled girl while Jungkook is a mascot man.

And what I hate the most is how they're going to meet, colliding and falling on the floor.

I don't want to see this.

 The drama will be aired on May, one month from now.

"Noona, do you think I should grip and pulled her faster than what I did earlier?"

He's checking the monitor how did he act.

"Just pulled her like what you did to me at the party." There's a sarcastic tone in my voice.

"You're jealous." 

"No. I'm just bothered that you're not executing your lines well."

"Liar." he pinched my nose.

"Go now, director is calling you."

 

However my fascination grew when seeing how the lead actor and actress cry and fight like its real. They are so amazing.

 

Actually Lisa is a good person, she cares about her makeup artist and sometimes she made an errand and handed us banana milk. She's sweet.

She and Jungkook became close after a month of taping. Sometimes he forgot to approach me to talk about random things like we usually do. I feel lonely, out of place especially yesterday when the production team prepared a lunch buffet for the whole staff, I am eating alone while the two were so happy talking to each other.

I don't want to admit but they look good as a real couple. Lisa is pretty, white-skinned that meets Jungkook's ideal type. This is what I wanted right? For him to be happy.

The drama was released and it got high ratings for the 1st week. Of course we are too happy to receive a lot of support from the viewers, as the episode goes by and Jungkook was revealed on the drama, the ratings got even higher.

I checked the net and see many Kookie Lisa shippers or JungLi couple. I'm killing myself while checking the videos and comments about them.

 

"Argh. I hate this."

 

I punched the wall so hard, my knuckles is bleeding.

 

"Noona, are you stupid? You punched the wall!"

 

 "Don't mind me."

 

He run somewhere and when he came back, he's bringing a first aid kit.

 

"Let me see that."

 

I watch him put the s around my hand after disinfecting it.

"There. Next time, if you are so angry, pour it out on a punching bag."

"Do you have a punching bag?"

"No, I go to a gym to work out my biceps. Now, tell me and please be honest this time. What's going on with you?"

I sighed. " I am jealous of Lisa. They are now close with each other. I feel like I'm just a shadow every time I go with Jungkook on a film set. This what my job does, I know. But it's torturing me to think that one day his feelings will fade away. I feel so sad by thinking of it."

 

"I don't think that you like him."

 

He put his head on my head.

 

I shut my eyes, I am definitely sure who Jungkook is to me.

 

“I  think I am certain now.”

 

He smiled. "Great! Now, confess."

 

I scoffed.

 

"He said he will wait for you and I'm pretty sure you won't get embarrassed since he's not going to reject you. Enough holding back anymore. You deserve to be happy."

"Give me some time, and then I'll confess at the right moment."

"Promise?"

"Yes."

"Say it like you mean it. It sounds like it came out from your nose."

 I slapped his arm.

"Thank you Jiminnie, you're always there to pick me up every time I feel down."

 

"All for you. Now, let’s go to the dining area because we are going to eat together with hyungs." He pulled me on my feet and I giggled.

 

----

 

Normal POV

 

"And....CUT!" The director put down the megaphone and stand up to approach Jungkook and Lisa.

"That was a great kiss Jungkook, I know that you're fit to be an actor. Same goes to you Lisa."

 

The two bowed their heads and goes back to their tents.

 

Meanwhile, Sela thought of stabbing a pillow when she watches the kissing scene, she greets Jungkook with big smile but deep inside she wants to punch him.

She felt like he cheated on her.

"Here's water. Good job Kookie! Your acting skills improved a lot. Three more tapings to go."

"Thanks. You can go home first. I'm going with Lisa today."

Her head quickly raised in surprise.

"What for?"

"She asked me for a lunch."

"Oh, I see. I'll notify Manager-nim about your lunch date with Lisa."

"It's not a date."

"Looks like it. You don't need to explain Jungkook. Your fans will be happy to see you together."

He grabbed her hand.

"It is just a lunch, why are you assuming things?"

 They stared at each other for a minute and Sela removed his grip.

"Just go. She's your ideal type anyway." She rolls her eyes and packed her and some Jungkook's stuffs.

"Keep me posted. Notify me if you're going back or you need to go with her to another place."

"Noona, you sound so angry. What I have done?"

"I have period today, forgive me for my mood swings."

"Eeeww. So gross." Jungkook scrunched his face.

"Go,palli palli! She's waiting for you." Sela push him outside their tent and she start to walk to the van.

 

She throws the bags inside.

 

"I'm such a . Three words. Just three words and I can't blurt it out."

 

BTS became a little bit busy for hosting music programs, V and J-Hope focused on a variety show being one of MC's. Rapmon and Suga dedicate their free time composing and writing lyrics for their comeback. The theme was yet to finalize but it is connected to Wings album. Jimin and Jungkook were so busy due to rehearsing for Hit the stage and Jin chosen as a lead actor for a heavy drama movie.

Sela spent most of her time with the leader and Suga since they asked for her suggestion for the music. They asked her to play violin for some parts of the song that Suga was making.

"By the way, are Jimin and Jungkook rehearsing today?"

Rapmon placed his melon drink on the table "Yeah. They are at the 10th floor."

"I'll check em out. I missed those idiots already."

"Hahahaha! Me too. Sela please give these."

Suga throw her 2 packs of Chicken burger and energy bars.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter