Chapter 23

BTS Assistant Manager 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sela's POV

 

I'm getting busy rehearsing different categories because the Spring Celebration is almost 2 months from now. Thankfully my manager-nims gave me a lot of time and they'll cover my duties.

It's been two weeks since I've been with the boys for the whole day. I barely saw them when the pageant rehearsals started. I'm going home every midnight and waking up in the afternoon. How could I possibly see those kids?

But the funny and sweet part was when there's a food and a note that was always left at the kitchen table.

Sometimes I found melon ppang and Coffee latte on the lamp table beside the sofa where I am sleeping.

 

"Noona, eat your breakfast even it is already lunch. I bought the ppang (from meee Jimin) and V hyung bought the Coffee latte tetra pack. Take a rest. Annyeong ^^"

 

These guys could be sweet even they are hilarious and crazy.

 

One day I found a note on my bag. It's from Jungkook.

 

"Noona, I took your clothes yesterday to the laundry shop. Seriously, you're such a mess! Don't worry, I’ll get those tomorrow and fold it. Anyway I won't touch the underwear because you might kill me. Do your best, hwaiting! -Bunny"

"This is funny." I laughed. I think I'm gonna cry because they were so thoughtful.

 

I missed them already.

 

Manager asked me to choose between playing violin or dance for my talent portion. Since I had enough dance rehearsals for the other contest, I chose playing violin and asked Min Woo to revise the version. Yes, he knows a lot of things in editing music and scores because he's a composer.

I asked the production crew if they could help me create a new version of Master of Tides by Lindsey Stirling, I need mind blowing effects and costume that would be related to pirates.

 

Gladly Yoo Mi also volunteered to help for my talent portion. I am so lucky.

 

"Eonni, I know certain choreographer who could help us. Do you want me to call him and tell him to come over? He already created a choreo." she grins at me.

"That fast? How's that even possible?"

"Well, when you told me that you need to remake the steps from the music video, I tried to talk to my friend's cousin which is a choreographer and he agreed to help you for the choreo."

 

I kissed her forehead in happiness.

"Yoo Mi! I could always count on you!"  I gave her a lot of peck on her face.

"Yuck! There's saliva all over my face eonni!" 

I laughed. "Saranghae~~"

It’s already lunch. I wonder if Bangtan ate food. I texted Jungkook, asking if what are they doing right now.

"Rapmon, Suga and Jin hyung were busy composing new songs related to our WINGS album. Then J-Hope was practicing with Jimin and V hyung. We are doing a special stage for SHINHWA’s anniversary. And I was requested to sing Huiya of Boowal.”

Whoa, they must be very busy.

"I know you guys can do it. Hwaiting! Do your best, make noona proud kkk~".

"Of course, we are awesome! Do your best too noona. Jjang!"

"I still hate you Jungkook: P"

 

I sent that message to stop our conversation. I am still pissed that he kissed me out of the blue. I'm trying my best to ignore my stupid feelings but he's not helping.

 

Ting.

 

Jungkook texted me again.

 

"I missed you noona."

I didn't reply. I proceed on rehearsing my piece. I need distractions in times like this.

So far, our choreography was almost at the end of the song. Our choreographer said that there would be slight changes depends on the crew's lightning effects and costume that me and my backups would wear.

"That's a wrap! Thank you for your hard work! Goodnight every one!"  Our handler said after 15 hours of rehearsing.

Yoo Mi gave me a bottle of water and towel.

"Eonni do you want me to drive you home? You look so exhausted."

"That was music to my ears."

 

"Music to my ears?"

 

"Oops sorry, that was idiomatic expression."

 

"Uhm, I still don't understand."

"That means I like what you said." formed an O shape.

I arrived at the dorm exactly 12mn. I'm still listening to my phone so I was not aware of who ever was still awake.

 

As usual, everyone is already sleeping.

 

----

 

Another exhausting day. This time we need to rehearse my talent and the BTS Dance Cover. It's amazing that I never thought that most of our coordi eonni and fashion designer have the grooves to dance. Now, here comes the main problem. We need power and fast bodies to execute the dance well.

Our group chose Blood sweat and tears since that has the easiest pattern of position changes and because the dance is so y, we thought that we girls can work it out.

 

We finished the song with our lungs burning.

 

"HAH!" I breathed out with a force.

 

The other girls were speaking in Korean so I kept myself busy on catching my breath.

 

"30 minutes break and then practice again." our dance instructor said.

 

"Ne~"

 

Our dance moves became more detailed and smooth in process and I was put on J-Hope's part. My concentration was broke when I heard screams and claps from guys behind us at the last part of the chorus.

"That's our assistant manager! Woohoo!!!"

 

"Noona hwaiting!!!!"

 

What those kids are doing here?

 

We made our final pose and I collapsed on the floor. I am breathing freaking fast.

I shouted "Good job girls!"

Everyone clapped.

"Sela that was awesome! Although we never saw the whole dance but you did really great!" Suga told me.

I sit properly on the furnished floor.

"Thanks, that's because I'd watched your dance practice a lot of times so I tried to follow these three dancer's jive."

"No, it is all you." Jimin pinched my nose.

"I'll go outside for a while. I want to buy some milk tea. Who wants to come with me?"

"Let me join you." Jungkook said.

"No one else?" 

"We don't want to interrupt the Bunny couple's moment."

 

Seriously. I made a poker face and tap Jungkook that we were going now.

 

"How's your day?"

 

"So exhausted. I realized that you idols were so amazing that you endured years of training. But here am I, wanting to quit for just a month of rehearsing."

"You didn't respond to my last message." 

There's a hint of annoyance in his tone. I smiled.

"I'm busy kookie."

We crossed the pedestrian lane and enter at Café Bang.

"I mean it, you know."

"Don't use aegyo on me Jungkook. Haha! Fine, I missed you too. Such a baby." 

We were standing near the cashier to select flavours when someone called my name.

 

"Harvey? What in the world are you here?"

 

"I can't believe that it's you. I'm just taking a vacation here with my sister."

 

I was shocked when he hugged me. He's been my crush back in college. He knew that I like him but he only treat me as a friend.

 

He's flirty actually.

 

"Oh, Jungkook meet my friend Harvey. Harvey this is Jungkook, I'm their assistant manager."

"Annyeonghaseyo." kookie bowed at him.

"Hello Jungkook. I bet Sela was taking good care of you. She's really a nice person." 

"That's right."

"Hey Sela, can I get your number? So we can go out sometime."

"Sure!" We exchange numbers and then he kissed me on my cheek and bid goodbye. He never changed. I look up to Jungkook who seems so serious.

"Hey,he's just a friend. Don't be jealous bunny." 

 

His face is frowning, it is so funny.

 

"I don't like him, he kissed you even though he doesn't have feelings for you. He's a player."

"I know. It's normal for him to kiss someone that he's comfortable with. Let it go. Let's go back."

"Do you like him?"

I knew he would ask me that.

"Yes, I like him. But I never pursue my feelings because he only treats me as a friend although he's aware of it."

 

He grabbed my hand and starts to walk, he's gripping a little bit hard on my hand.

 

"Jungkook, you’re hurting me."

"And so he is. That person would only hurt your feelings. Don't meet him again."

"Jungkook, do you understand what you're saying? You almost told me to end my ties with my friend."

"He's not your friend because he's hurting you."

"Why are you acting this way? He's not taking advantage of my feelings. Argh! Don't wanna talk about this." I shoved his hand away and walk first leaving him behind.

 

"Aish, noona!" 

 

Ignore him Sela. Ignore him.

 

"Noona! Stop! I'm sorry."

 

I stopped walking. I turned around to face him. We were already at the ground floor of the building.

"I'm just concern about you. I don't want to see you get hurt by that guy."

 

I rolled my eyes at him and start to walk again.

 

"I like you!" 

 

What did he say?

 

"Sela, I like you."

 

Everything around me turned black. I can't see everyone except him. I'm standing there few meters away from him.  He looks at me as if he is trying to convince me that what he said was true.

 

"It's not a good joke."  

 

"Do I look like I'm kidding? The reason why I asked you to come with me at the mall because I don't have a guts to ask you for a date. I gave you the shirt because you are the one that I'm talking about. I know, I'm a jerk and I'm so lame at showing my feelings. But I realize that nothing would happen if I stayed quiet and let the other guys take their first move."

 

I'm trying to sink on my pea brain every word Jungkook was saying. I can't believe that I actually hearing this confession from him. I never thought...

 

"There, I said it. Whoa! My mind is now at ease. It is so nice to let it out."

 

I flinched when I didn't notice he's right in front of me, standing and looking down at me.

"I'm prohibiting you to talk to another guy, discourage them if they ask you for a date. You are my bunny and you only meant to date me. Remember that."

My legs are shaking. This guy surely knows how to one’s energy.

 

We came back to the studio to rehearse again.

 

My mind was completely out of this world, I can't focus and it's affecting my practice.

 

"Mianhe. Oh my god. I forgot the next step. I'm sorry!" I bowed.

 

Normal POV

 

V points at Sela and sensed that she's blanking out. "What's wrong with her? She lost her concentration."

"Ah, you noticed it too? She's doing consecutive mistakes all throughout the song." Jimin said.

"Yah, Jungkook. What did you do to noona?"

Jungkook smirks and answered "I confessed."

"Wooohh! Woohh hoo!" V was shouting being weird again.

"Jinjja?! Daebak, I am so proud of you maknae. So what did she said?" Suga nudged him and all of the boys leaned closer to him.

"Nothing. As expected she became quiet and start to be…like that." points at the older woman.

"She didn't answer back if she likes you too? That's bad Jungkook."

"Where's the thrill on that if she gives in right away Rapmon hyung? Besides, I'm still young. I can wait."

"Wow, that's a lot of determination from our maknae. Hyungs were really proud of you!" J-Hope hugged him.

 

All of them shout randomly that made the people turn their gaze at them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter