Chapter 21

BTS Assistant Manager 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sela's POV

 

My god! That was nerve wrecking! I can't believe that I sang in front of those professional singers.  I took a bottle of Soju and planning to empty it on my own. They also start to lower their energies and singing mellow songs. I don't know what possessed me to cling onto Jungkook like that. I mean, I literally s my arms around him.

 

I took a shot of soju.

 

Jimin told me that Kookie had a long time crush since his elementary until junior high days. He gave the girl chocolates and necklace on their Graduation day.

 

"Did they keep in touch after that?" I leaned closer to his ear because the sound system is too loud.

"Sometimes. But I don't know what their current relationship is. Jungkook didn't mention about it lately."

 

Oh I see. I wonder who's that girl. 

 

"Yeobeoseyo? Minah? "

I looked at him when he answered his phone and walked away from us. He went outside near the hot spring.

"Jungkook ah! Is that Minah? Your long time crush? Woohooh!" 

Damn, what are they talking about? Who's he speaking on the phone? 

"Minah called him!" Jimin informed me.

I didn't react. It’s like my energy was taken away from me. I really hate this feeling. Seriously. Am I jealous? Why am I so bothered? I am always bothered, dear God.

 

Arrgh!

 

"Pour my cup Jimin. Full." 

 "Are you alright noona?" 

"Yeah of course! We're having fun and I'm looking forward to drink a lot of alcohol. I missed this so much." 

 

The hell. Who am I fooling?

 

I started to feel tipsy. I feel like hugging Jimin too much this time. I thought I need some one's attention right now. I need to suppress this weird feeling. No, I already knew what am I feeling right now but I'm such an idiot to deny it.

I keep looking outside to check on him. He's smiling so genuinely. Maybe that girl is so special for him. 

 

Duh, forget about it Sela. You're older than him for god's sake.

 

It’s been 30 minutes and Jungkook was still on the phone. And here I am being so anxious. I bit Jimin's arms and pinched his cheeks.

"Aaw! Noona why are you so clingy today? You're drunk!"

"No, I'm not. I told you I have a good tolerance. You're just too cute that's why." I kissed his cheeks.

 

I heard the others gasped.

 

"You kissed Jimin! That was his first kiss!" Jin said pointing at us.

"Oh my, Sela is evolving now. Put the soju away from her palli!" Rapmon said.

Am I already wasted? I only emptied 1 bottle.

"Stop it guys or I'll kick your butts. Talking about over reacting. Sheesh.  Hello, it’s the cheeks guys. No big deal." I said as a matter of fact.

"Not a big deal? Then how about this?"

Whaa! He kissed me back on my cheek.

 

I became speechless.

 

 I touched the cheek where Jimin kissed me. And then I saw Jungkook looking at us. Did he saw what we did?

"You guys are wasted." 

He sat beside me and I have no plan to face him. I have mixed feelings that I don't want to spill because I'm tipsy. I grabbed another bottle of soju.

"Seriously noona, next time that you kiss me again on my cheek, I won't hesitate to kiss you on your lips. I dare you." 

"Hahaha! You don't have the guts." I took a shot.

"Hey, your cheeks were red now." Jungkook cupped my chin and tilt it to his view.

I lightly shoved it. “Of course, I’m drinking. Common sense."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No. Why would I? "

"You're giving me that kind of tone."

I grabbed his neck and pulled him closer.

"Mind your own business. I'm not asking about yours so do the same for me."

 

I am so pissed at him irrationally.

 

I stood and walk towards the hot spring. I need to be alone and chill for a moment. This jealousy is killing me. I look around the hot spring. I became calm again. The nature never fails to calm me down. I can hear their loudness from where I'm standing. I inhaled the cool breeze of the winter.

"Ahhh. Feels nice. I almost punched him. God, I really hate being me."

I spend another 15 minutes to ease my mood and then I go back inside the room.

"What's going on?"

"We're going to Men's change room. We're having Lady Hunting." V smirked at me.

 

Ugh. I still can't believe this.

 

"Alright, do me a favour. Comeback here without making a girl pregnant." 

 

. Wrong choice of statement.

 

I saw all of them blushing.

 

"Just kidding!"

 

"Noona, another reason that we need to go to a separate hot spring is because you’re a woman." Jimin said. And he's blushing. I think there's something else that he needs to say but he hesitated.

"So, if I am a woman? It’s not like I'm going around you when I step in the hot spring."

They gave me an awkward laugh.

"It is? It is?? Why you did not tell me? You can use this big hot spring instead! I can go to a public woman's hot spring since I am the only one who need to separate. This is nonsense."

"Yeah, you have a point but remember, Lady hunting." J-Hope points at himself and gave me a grin.

"Whatever. I'll just enjoy marinating myself in here like a pork steak. "

They start to walk outside the room but I called Jungkook.

"Hey, about what I said earlier, I’m really sorry. I don't mean to be rude. I'm tipsy. Sorry."

"Apology not accepted."

"Huh?" I raised my head up.

"That was mean. I did nothing to you so you should be punished." 

He's giving me serious looks again. 

"What do you mean?"

 "Gotta go." 

 

He left me with a big question mark on my mind.

 

When he said punished, wild thoughts run through my mind.

 

Damn, my brain is really rotted.

 

-----

 

Jungkook's POV

 

"Yeobeoseyo? Minah! Annyeong, how are you?"  Minah called me. I jolted and walk outside the room.

"Hey,Kookie. I'm sorry if I called you without notice. It's been a while since we talked to each other. I missed you."

"I missed you too. We're here is Busan taking a vacation with our assistant manager."

"Hmm. Are you two alone together?" There's a hint of teasing in her tone. I think I know where this conversation is heading to.

"No. I'm with my hyungs."

 

I heard she sighed at the other line.

 

"Yah Jeon Jungkook, you should ask her on a date! That's why you never had a girlfriend! Aigoo. That's what you also did when you told me that you liked me back in high school. Argh, I can't believe you're doing this again."

I laughed. My long time crush turns out to be my best friend never change when she was frustrated in a certain situation. Always yelling at me.

"I can't, she's our assistant manager. Remember? And I don't think that she likes me. She sees me as a kid." 

"So who cares? She's only 5 years older than you. Stop giving yourself excuses seagull. Man up! You have my full support! "

"You better be. Thank you for calling me Minah. I should meet that boyfriend of yours. He needs to meet my expectations."

"Yah, he's nice not like you." 

We laughed. Minah was one of people that I can talk to freely. She knows that I have interest on our adorable-mean assistant manager. Our relationship didn't work out and that made us being best friends ever since. We thought we were never meant to be a couple. We have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter