|3| [NEW]

The Enemy Inside Of Me, (REBOOT)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2017,

“Why did you try to commit suicide?”

She bit her lip, “I don’t know”

I don’t.

“So you just woke up one day and decided to end your life just like that”

You make it sound so easy when it’s not,

Not at all.

“Doesn’t that strike you as odd?”

The brunette glared at him, “Why should it?”

“Because nobody tries to kill themselves just because they feel like it”

That’s true, they don’t.

“Now, I’m going to ask you again and I want you to be completely honest with me. Why did you try to commit suicide?”

Haneul blinked, “I couldn’t take it anymore”

“What? What couldn’t you take anymore?”

“The pain. I just wanted the pain to go away”

“And death seemed like the best option?”

At the time yes.

“It did”

It seemed like the only option.

“What about now?”

“Now?”

A sigh, “I’m not too sure anymore”

Year 2014,

“Hey,” The young man started out as he placed a bouquet of white daisies on the tombstone. Her favorite flower.

“It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” he whispered as he kneeled down in front of the headstone.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been visiting as much as I should have. Things have been hectic as of late. I suppose one’s last year in college is never an easy one,” A chuckle escaped his lips, “Too many projects to deal with, exams to study for and demanding professors breathing down your neck on a daily basis but that wouldn’t have been an issue for you, you were always the smarter one out of the two of us,” He smiled, “And the most hard-working one”

He ran his hand through his unkempt hair. She would have been a freshman by now. She would have just started off her college life. If she were still alive that is.

He traced her name with his finger, “I miss you,” tears blurred his vision but he blinked them away, “God you have no idea how much I miss you”

“And I’m sorry. None of this should have happened. None of it,” he took a deep, shaky breath, willing himself not cry, “I should have been there for you. I should have sensed something was wrong. But I didn’t. I didn’t”

I never did.

A lone tear fell down his cheek, “I shut you out, ignored your pain and simply went my way,” he bitterly laughed, “I’m such a ty brother, aren’t I?”

He sniffled, “I let you down. You sought my help but time and time again I let you down. I just didn’t care. I was too preoccupied with my own life to notice how you were breaking apart. I was too blinded. Too selfish. Too stupid”

Tears poured down his face, “God I’m so sorry Yeri-ah. I’m so sorry”

But a simple sorry won’t bring her back, will it?

After all it can’t undo what’s been done.

“I can’t believe you’re stuck in a group project with him”

The brunette frowned, “Don’t remind me, please”

The red-head beside her rolled her eyes, “Are you kidding me? Any other girl would die to be in your shoes”

Haneul shot a sideways glare at her friend, “Well if you haven’t noticed I’m not like other girls”

The latter snickered, “Oh believe me I can tell”

The blonde who sat in front of her sighed in relief, “I’m glad I didn’t take this course, I mean who in their right mind would assign a project on the first week”

Haneul angrily stabbed her salad with her fork, “Our teacher would”

Krystal then quietly added, “And it’s worth 40% of our overall grade”

Amber gave them a sympathetic look, “Bummer”

The brunette’s frown deepened, “Tell me about it”

Krystal raised an eyebrow, “I don’t get why you’re so grumpy you get to work with Oh Sehun, one of the hottest boys in our year”

Haneul snickered, “And the laziest”

The red-head gave her a deadpanned look, “Who cares?”

The brunette’s eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared in anger, “I do! I don’t want my GPA to be affected by his nonchalance and I definitely don’t want to have to do all the work by myself”

Amber cleared , “Just give him a chance maybe he’s not as bad as he seems”

Krystal nodded her head with a grin, “Besides, his good-looks should be enough to override all of his shortcomings”

The blonde shook her head with a sigh, “You need help my friend. Immediate help.”

The latter pouted in response, “Hey!”

Amber simply shrugged, “I’m just saying”

Haneul couldn’t help but smile. Her friends were indeed amusing.

“You’ve lost a lot of weight recently”

The brunette grinned, “I have?”

That’s good, right?

Her father frowned, “You have. Lose anymore and you’ll disappear”

His words made her chuckle, “You’re just overreacting”

The man shook his head, “I’m not. I’m just worried”

Worried?

“There’s nothing to be worried about, I’m fine”

Completely fine.

“Besides I’m prettier now, aren’t I?”

Everyone seems to think so.

“You’ve always been pretty”

Haneul rolled her eyes but smiled nevertheless, “You’re my dad you’re supposed to say that”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter