Chapter 1

I love you; you don't love me

Seulgi rolled out of her bed, landing on the floor with a hard thump.

'Ow!' she moaned clutching her side. 

She glared at her buzzing alarm clock almost antagonising it for waking her up early.

Her dreams had been filled with fantasies of unicorns, rainbows and of course her beautiful best friend, Irene Bae. Just thinking about Irene's big brown eyes and long dark locks made Seulgi's heart pound.

She and Irene had been friends since they were little. It was only when Seulgi was fifteen that she realised she had any sort of romantic feelings for Irene. Fear of rejection had always been a barrier between her ever confessing her feelings.

Today was a special day. The day Seulgi finally confessed her love to Irene.

Trying to hide her feelings was like trying to hide a bruise. Easy to hide with a bandage but once the bandage starts to come off it's hard to cover up again. It followed her around everywhere she went. She couldn't hide it anymore.

Suddenly her phone started ringing on the table next to her bed.

'Hello?' Seulgi answered.

'Hi, Seulgi!', 'It's Irene!'

Why was Irene calling so early?

'Hey, what's up?'

'I've got something important I want to tell you,' she paused for a few seconds, 'please meet me at the school in half-an-hour.'

'Uh, okay.'

'Bye!' Irene hung up.

'That was weird', Seulgi thought, 'she probably wants help with her science homework again.' 

Trying to convince herself that this was the case, Seulgi got changed and left the house.


When she arrived at the school gate she saw Irene waiting for her.

'What's so important that you made me come to school thirty minutes early?'

Irene played with her coat buttons.

'There's a guy.'

Seulgi could've sworn she felt her heart physically shatter. Her eyes stung with unshed tears she tried to suppress.

'Oh.'

She couldn't speak. was aching too much.

'A-are you dating?'

'Yes.'

Seulgi wasn't ready for her answer. Everything felt so real now. 

She couldn't even look at Irene; her best friend for years. The girl that had helped her when her first tooth had fallen out. The girl that had comforted her when her grandma died. The girl she was in love with.

She needed to leave before her feelings started pouring out and she ended up saying too much.

A red Ferrari parked next to Seulgi's car.

'That's him,' Irene exclaimed frantically waving at the car.

Seulgi waited for him to come out in torment.

Would he be tall? Would he be handsome? Have brown hair and dark brooding eyes? Would he love Irene better than she could?

The door opened.

Out of all of the pictures Seulgi had conjured up in her head nothing could have prepared her for the real deal.

Yes, he was tall. Yes, he had dark brooding eyes. But there was one problem...

He was purple.