Chapter two

Fake Love (Jungkook x OC)

I woke up the next day feeling like the world was coming to an end.
I mean, come on, I had to go on a date with Jungkook. The feelings were mutual between us—pure hatred.
But, I climbed out of bed and managed to stuff some clothes on, and looked in the mirror. I looked like I just survived World War Two. Also known as literally half alive; eye bags, unbrushed hair, all because of Jungkook coming into my head at night and haunting me with nightmares! If the public were going to see Jungkook and I together, let me at least be the better-looking one, so I took a shower and applied some light makeup. Although I hated Jungkook, I had to admit, he was pretty hot and handsome, so I had to at least put in some effort.
Wait.
What. Did. I. Just. Say. No—think. 
Well, one side of me said, it’s the truth.
So? The other reckoned. The truth doesn't always have to be acknowledged.
Just shut up. I told the two sides. Mental note: stop talking to yourself.
I sighed. 
This ‘date’ was driving me crazy, even though it hadn't even started.

***

“Not bad.” Was the first thing Jungkook said to me in the car after I said hi to PD-Nim and ignored him.
  Was he seriously implying that two hours of my precious effort was.. not bad?! Excuse moi, but what I was wearing was a masterpiece! Areum picked it out and she was definitely the fashionista of the group. I cannot believe this guy, I just can NOT. He deserves to go get punished by Suga-oppa, I just… ‘not bad’ is such bloody insult!
  But hey, at least we were going to an amusement park! Amusement parks have to be my favourite place in the world, they're so fun and energetic, and just really lift your mood up! Also, it’ll take my mind off Jungkook. 
  Oh wait.
  I have to spend time at an amusement park with Jungkook.


  “Now,” PD-Nim said, “Make sure you look lovey-dovey, and if fans ask questions, make it up, okay?”
  We nodded.
  “I look forward to seeing you two carrying out this publicity stunt. It’ll affect your careers greatly. And.. have fun.”
  We nodded again.
  “Is that really all I'm getting out of you guys?”
  We nodded the third time, and I couldn't help but let out a small giggle. This situation was rather amusing. Jungkook widened his eyes at me as if he had never seen me laugh. Oh yeah, he hasn't, not since the incident on the rooftop, anyways.
  “Okay.. well, we’ll be there in half an hour.” PD-Nim said. “Remember, lovey-dovey!”
  “Okay, PD-Nim,” I said. “We’ll do our best.”
  “Oh, Jihye,” He weeped, “you’re all grown up now. I remember when you were 14 and came to me.. your first date, even though it's not real..”
  At this, Jungkook snorted. “First date? That's pathetic. Even for you.”
  WHAT DID THAT LIL’ BRAT JUST SAY??????????
  “As if you've ever had a girlfriend, Jungkook.” I rolled my eyes calmly, when inside I was just exploding.
  “Sure I have.” He replied, “in high school, I met this girl, and her name was, um.. Nara... and um, she had.. brown hair?” 
  I raised one eyebrow.
  “Okay fine! I've never had a girlfriend, but you’re a girl, so you should have heaps of boyfriends.”
  “What's that supposed to mean? Girls can't just fall in love with one guy? You’re so ist!”
  “Excuse me? I am not!”
  “Says the one who just said all girls should have heaps of boyfriends.”
  “Actually, I meant to say most girls.”
  “Well you didn't.”
  “True.. I didn't say anything. I just said ‘girls’.”
  “Which literally means all female-kind.”
  “Oh my gosh, just shut up.”
  I smiled, knowing I had won the battle, and stuck out my tongue. “All the other oppas in BTS are so much nicer. Why’d PD-Nim have to choose you?”
  “Uh,” Jungkook gestured to himself, “because I'm literally the hottest and most talented thing alive?”
  “You’re so arrogant.” I scowled.
  “Scowling might give you wrinkles,” Jungkook said, “I'm warning you as you seem to care a lot about your appearance, seeing as you put so much effort into your not-bad outfit.”
  DID HE JUST CALL ME FREAKING NOT BAD AGAIN???????????
  This time it was my turn to tell him to shut up.

After having the rest of the ride be in silence, apart from PD-Nim’s attempts to make small talk, Jungkook and I hopped out the car and into the amusement park. I looked around me in wonder, and knew I must’ve looked kind of stupid to him, marvelling over an amusement park, that most people stop going to after a certain age, but I didn't give a care.
  Deciding it was them to get my act on, I smiled at Jungkook. He looked at me in surprise again.
  “What?” I asked. “If we’re going to be a couple, at least act like it. I'm doing this for my career, and you should too.”
  “Okay.” Jungkook said, “but there’s no one looking.”
  “You don't act when people are looking, you act the entire time, so you don't have to pick up pieces and instead take a whole.”
  “I don't understand.” 
  I rolled my eyes once again. “Just do what you’re told.”
  Surprisingly, he complied and gave me a bunny smile, which DEFINITELY DID NOT MAKE MY HEART GO JUST A BIT FUNNY. He took my hand in his, and this time it was me who looked at him in surprise. 
  “Too much?” He said.
  “Nah, we’re ‘on a date’ at the amusement park.” I replied, putting quotation marks on ‘on a date’.
  He nodded and pulled me into the park. I laughed and actually started to enjoy myself. I pulled Jungkook towards rides and challenged him to go ones that made his face go sickly pale. I had always loved heights and adventure so I wasn't afraid of most of the rides. Jungkook—I wasn't sure. At times he looked as if he was really enjoying the rides, but then he would become all scared like a little baby. It was pretty funny.
  After a while, Jungkook and I became hungry, so we decided to go have food. We had tried out best to not fight today, but when he took too long in the line for food, I got a little impatient.
  “Yah—Jungkook, what's taking you so long?”
 “There’s a line, your majesty, I'm sorry if your prestigious self can't be patient for two seconds.” He replied sarcastically.
  And then all hell broke loose. 
  “What did you say? Rude much?”
  “Yup, you are pretty rude.”
  “Jeon Jungkook you are going to be the actual friggin death of me!”
  “Then I hope you have fun in heaven!”
  “Oh my gosh shut up!”
  “You started it!”
  “Did not!”
  “Did too!”
  “Did not!”
  “Did too!”
  Let's just say we had a ‘lover’s spat’.
  Luckily, no one was there to see us fight, except for the person running the food stall, but I don't think they recognised us. And then we finally were able to have our food, I had chicken. I LOVE chicken. 
  As you would probably think, fans started creating a circle around us, they began whispering and taking pictures.
  “Jungkook,” I said, “let's go.”
  “Aren't we supposed to have publicity?”
  “Look, if we were actually on a date, would you want people to continuously stare at us?”
  “I guess not.” He said. He hid me behind his back, and lead me by my hand through the crowd, muttering sorry’s and excuse me’s. His hand was warm, and somehow was just the right size for mine, which bugged me but also seemed to satisfy me. The fans parted and kept on filming. Some of them were squealing, “I ship this sooo much!” (Which almost made me barf), and some of them were crying, heartbroken their idol weren't going to date them like in their daydreams. I felt bad for them because I knew how they felt. I used to have the biggest crush on Taeyang, but he would always be out of my league. And now I've got… the biggest idiot to ever walk the earth as my ‘boyfriend’.
  Finally we found a part of the park that was kind of isolated and sat down, slightly panting. Jungkook took the only chair. 
  “Wow. Such a gentleman.” I remarked.
  Jungkook chuckled. “Come sit on my lap.” He said.
  “What? No!” I shook my hands, I didn't want any more physical contact with him after hand holding.
  “But you said we had to act the entire time,” he said again.
  Well I guess he had a point there, but.. sit on his lap? Really?
  “Fine,” I agreed and placed myself on his leg. “Happy?”
  Jungkook nodded and pretended to wince. “But you’re heavy.”
  I raised one eyebrow. “Do not ever insult a girl’s weight or age. Do you want to die?”
  He shook his head, “But I seriously doubt you could kill me. I know taekwondo.”
  “So do I. Been black belt since the age of thirteen.”
  “Sure.” He laughed.
  “Don't test me, mister.” I said, “Or I'll kick your .”
  “Go ahead, I'll kick you right back.”
  So fast that he wasn't able to react, I stood up and aimed a face punch at Jungkook, stopping just before I touched his nose.
  “I'm serious, Jungkook. Call me fat one more time, and I will actually consider bashing your face in.”
  “Ok, geez.” He put his hands up in defence. “I don't understand women..”
  “And you never will, because you don't have the brain to.” I stuck my tongue out at him.
  “Oh shut up,” he said, the second time that day.
  So I did. And we sat there, in silence. But surprisingly, it wasn't awkward. It was a kind of comfortable silence that surrounded you and made you feel at home, warming your back and your arms. Or maybe that was just me leaning against Jungkook’s surprisingly muscular front. No. Don't think things like that, Jihye. It's definitely just the silence.
  “Hey—Jihye.” Jungkook said.
  I looked up him. “Mm?”
  “Did you say you believed in love earlier?”
  “When did I say that?” I asked.
  “Earlier, in the car. You said: ‘Girls can't just fall in love with one guy?’”
  “Wow, you actually listen to what I say?”
  “Don't avoid my question,” he said, burning me with an intense gaze. “Do you or do you not?”
  “I dunno..” I answered. 
  The truth was, I did. I believed in love with all my heart, but ‘the one’ hadn't appeared for me yet. I believed that he was going to come to me one day, and that everyone would find one particular person to fall in love with and spend the rest of their lives with.
  “I guess I do.” I continued. “But no one has appeared that I've been particularly attracted to. Apart from some famous people that I would never possibly actually meet. So yeah.. how about you? And what's with the question?”
  “Huh—oh, I just felt like it.”
  “Okay..” I said. Then I checked my watch that I had smartly remembered to bring. “Fudge, Jungkook, we have to go! It's past the time we were supposed to meet PD-Nim!”
  So I grabbed his hand, and we ran off, fans calling after us and filming. I got that horrible feeling of liking his hand in mine again, so I quickly let go after we were clear. 
  Then, we saw PD-Nim pacing around, looking serious. Jungkook and I glanced at each other. This wasn't good. Eventually, PD-Nim saw us. I thought he would be really mad, but he smiled and told us what a good job we had done, showing us pictures on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter. Then, he showed us an invitation from Weekly Idol to BTS and 4U. We were going to be there three days from now. 
  “Have a good rest, kids.” PD-Nim said, “because I want you to perform well on Weekly Idol. Almost everyone watches it. Understand?”
  Jungkook and I nodded. All of a sudden it felt much like this morning, and I snorted. 
  “Sorry,” I said, “let's go back to the company.”
  So we climbed into the car and finally, we were off. Once we got to the building, I said bye and ran straight to Areum and I’s dorm. I jumped onto the bed and smashed my head into the pillow. I could finally get more res—
  “Nuh, uh, uh, Missy.” Areum said.
  “You’re going to tell us all about the date,” continued Jia.
  “And then we’re going to have practice our latest songs.” Finished Diamond.
  I groaned. I thought this day was finally going to get better, but now, this? Just. Why.  
  I could probably even assume that Jungkook was being interrogated by his hyungs as well. 
  At least we could agree on one thing—people over the age of twenty in kpop groups who want to find out about their maknae’s first dates are scary. S. C. A. R. Y.
  My life is literally over.

 

A/N: Shoutout to my first subscriber: Youxie, and also my second subscriber: Dongji. I love your comments :D!

Okay, now. I'm going to get really serious and grumpy, but have you guys heard about the death threats to Jimin?? Whoever is behind them, please, just stop. No one deserves their life to be threatened, especially Jimin, who is precious to so many people (including me! Luv ya Chim!) lemme just copy what I wrote on my Insta the night I found out coz I was so angry.. i should probably edit it. I was REALLY angry then, and I actually think now that we could be a tad more understanding towards the person issuing them threats. Maybe they have anxiety, or are just getting a lot of hate at home and don't feel loved. But whatever the reason, it isn't right to make someone else miserable. 

Okay, here is what I wrote:

Honestly, I'm gonna annoy you all to hell with this 'lecture', but some people out there just honestly have effing mental problems. HOW CAN YOU EVEN FREAKING THREATEN SOMEONE ELSE ABOUT THEIR FRICKIN' LIFE?!?!?! That's just not right, and I hope that Jimin knows all ARMY and even non-ARMYs are here to support him. We love him and will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be by his side so haters back off. Don't even think about trying this with any of the other members, either. WE ARE CALLED ARMY FOR A FRICKIN' REASON AND WE WILL TURN UP AT YOUR DOOR NOT BACKING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT. It disgusts me how corrupt this world is and I hope none of you reading this will EVER do this to anyone. All the threats from the person behind all of this is always sent directly to BigHit and BTS so that Jimin can actually read it himself. All Chim is trying to do is live his life the best way he knows how to, give us some beautiful music to listen to and enlighten us with his high note that is HIGHER AND BRIGHTER THAN THE PERSON ISSUING THREATS' LIFE WILL EVER BE. I'm sorry you had to read this far but it was all worth it (at least in my eyes it was). #armyswillprotectjimin #armyswillprotectbts #saranghaejimin #saranghaebts #army4life

As you can see.. I was REALLY angry.. but let's talk 'bout some good things! Did you see the video of Jungkook blowing kisses to the crowd? Damn Jungkookie, you melted my heart! Also, I'm thinking about making a birthday special for Jihye, but do you think it might be too cliche? I'm going to upload it on my birthday, (which is in 11 days!), and make her have the exact same birthday as me. This is gonna sound crazy, but I was born on the 13th minute of the 13th hour of the 13th day. It says on my birth certificate! Well, imma stop revealing personal info and leave... bye!

-A xx