2: And Where It All Ended

Spring Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook and Rosé looked at each other nervously as Jimin, who was currently sitting across from them, were giving them two a death stare. It’s safe to say that Jimin has been rendered speechless by the sudden and unexpected turn of events just now. It’s like he’s been kept out of the loop.

What made this situation even more surprising and interesting was that they were supposed to meet each other at the same exact spot yesterday in a kind of a blind date setting. Jimin never expected the two of his friends to meet each other somewhere else in a thousand years. It’s like fate. Jungkook, on the other hand, can’t stand the silence because he feels like he’s done nothing wrong.

“H-Hyung, I was gonna tell you anyways.” Jungkook reasoned as if he’s being interrogated by Rosé’s father.

“When exactly?” Jimin coldly responded, crossing his arms over his chest.

“If everything went well,” Jungkook mumbled as he lowered his head down in embarrassment with that statement. Rosé who was taking a sip of her coffee at the same moment, almost spit out her drink after hearing what the younger male had stated, causing heat to rise up on her cheeks.

“You’re so shameless, you know that?” Jimin snorted after hearing what he said.

“Why are you blaming us as if it’s our fault?” Rosé finally spoke after ages.

“Yeah!” Jungkook added, finally finding some confidence to talk in front of Rosé.

“Yah, are you two ganging up on me?” Jimin replied, causing the two to burst in laughter.

The next few minutes was Jungkook and Rosé explaining how and where they met the day before while Jimin listens to every little detail like a little kid. It’s not something that he expected after all. After they’ve told about the whole incident, Jimin can only look at them in awe, because of how amazing the circumstances were.

“Wow, it feels like I’m in a movie right now.” Jimin simply said making the two smile.

“Oh, where’s your date by the way?” Jungkook asked after remembering what the older had told him as they made their way to the café.

“It’s been 40 minutes and she’s not here yet.” Jimin sighed as he glanced at his wrist watch.

“Now you know how I felt yesterday, hyung.” Jungkook sympathized with him as he glanced at Rosé suggestively.

“Hey, I’m sorry okay?” Rosé replied, pouting. Jungkook can suddenly feel his heart beating widely in excitement the moment he saw the expression she had on her face. He didn’t also bother to hide the fact that he’s directly staring at her, amazed.

“You might wanna make it less obvious if you’re gonna stare,” Jimin stated with a smirk on his face, causing him to blush in embarrassment.

‘N-No, I wasn’t!” Jungkook defended as he realized that he has been caught, causing the very amused woman beside him to laugh.

“It’s ok.” Rosé responded with a soft smile that could make the spring flowers bloom, causing Jungkook’s heart to flutter yet again.

“Well, I have to leave guys,” Jimin announced as he stood up from his seat.

“What about your date?” Jungkook curiously asked, knowing how Jimin probably felt after waiting for so long for nothing.

“I don’t know, maybe she’s busy or something.” Jimin shrugged as he shoved his hands in his pockets. “Plus, I want you two to enjoy this day since it's pretty nice outside.” He added as he started walking away from them.

“Hey if he says or does something stupid, just forgive him, okay?” Jimin turned around one more time to remind Rosé.

“Yah what does that mean?” Jungkook complained.

“It means that I’ll come pick up your if you do anything that you’ll regret,” Jimin replied causing Rosé to laugh.

“You’re so mean.” Jungkook pouted as the older male started walking away. “H-Hyung, I’ll just call you later!” He added and Jimin responded with a wave.

Now that Jimin has left, he can feel the awkwardness and silence building up again. He’s never really been much of a talker especially when it comes to girls and the fact that he’s really attracted to her doesn’t help the situation either. He wants to ask her a lot of questions about her but his fear is always preventing him from doing so.

“So tell me about yourself,” Jungkook said. Really? That’s all I can think of saying? He thought, disappointed with his choice of words after contemplating on what to say to her for a whole minute.

“Well, I came here from Australia four years ago to go to college,” Rosé started, “And I just graduated last month!” Rosé proudly announced.

“Wow, congratulations!” Jungkook applauded causing the girl to smile gently.

“And my hobbies are to draw and play guitar.” She continued as she sipped her coffee.

“Wait, you play the guitar?” Jungkook said in astonishment.

“Yes, do you play the guitar too?” Rosé questioned curiously.

“No, but I want to,” Jungkook mumbled.

“Don’t worry, I can teach you!” Rosé promised and the younger male’s face lightened up after hearing that, satisfied that he’s gotten closer to her somehow.

“Really?”

“Yeah!”

The two continued their conversation for about an hour, talking about their personal lives and their past. They’ve somehow felt closer to one another after knowing more about each other. Jungkook gained more self-confidence too as he wasn’t as shy when talking to Rosé as he was a few hours ago.

Unfortunately, though, the two have two part ways for the meantime since Jungkook has to meet up with producers and other composers in the afternoon.

“So how about we do something this weekend? You know going to an amusement park sounds really nice since it’s not that cold anymore.” Rosé suggested, slyly hinting to the younger male what she really wants to do.

“Sure, it’s been a while since I’ve been to one.” Jungkook nodded his head in agreement, smiling widely as they were both currently standing at the front of the café.

Jungkook came home that day with a very wide smile plastered on his face, pleased with the fact that everything’s going alright so far with Rosé and he hasn’t messed anything up yet. He’s also excited for the weekend as he’ll be going on an official date with Rosé. This is the farthest he’s gotten with any girl that he’s dated.

Usually, things would be already over halfway through their first meeting but with Rosé, it was different. Everything was different. He felt more comfortable with her and he also felt like he can open up to her more easily due to her easygoing attitude. If Jungkook were to describe her, she was the sunlight that lightened up his world.

The next few days passed by very slowly for the very impatient Jungkook, who was really ecstatic for his first official date. Which also explains why he was so distracted for the rest of the week. Even Jimin who has known him for a long time finds this brand new side of him interesting and amusing. He’s never been this excited and hyped for a girl.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter