1 : How It All Began

Spring Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Girls.

For Jungkook, they’re very inexplicable. Like creatures that came from outer space. Maybe that’s why he has developed a fear of them. Especially with beautiful girls. He can have a conversation with them but he’s always a nervous wreck and he often bails out of the conversation and leaves.

And that pretty much explains, why he has been single for his whole life. Sure, he’s had a few flings here and there but they’ve all never really blossomed into a full-time relationship. The opposite is often turned off by his incapability to even glance straight into their eyes.

Jungkook sighs as he observes the cars that pass by the café, scrolling through his phone as he takes a sip of his Americano. The crisp snow blanketing the roads as more continuously descend from the gray sky. He drums his fingers on the table, trying to relieve the boredom that he’s currently feeling.

He glances at his wrist watch and realizes that he’s been waiting for 30 minutes already. He’s already halfway through finishing his coffee and there’s still no women that are approaching him. He could’ve told me what she looked like at least. Not even a name! Is this what a total blind date is like? He ranted inside his head.

Disappointed, he looks for a contact number on his phone and whips up a quick message.

“Jimin hyung, I don’t think your friend will be coming anytime soon. Thanks for treating me with coffee, though.”

He shoves his phone back in his pocket as he heads out of the café, immediately feeling the chilly winter air that greeted him. When will spring ever come? He complained.

To put it simply, winter has never been his favorite season, and for a lot of reasons. The weather itself was the main one, especially in South Korea where the winter season can be very harsh at times. And for Jungkook who didn’t like wearing clothes in layers, this was hell.

This was also the time of the year where one will see couples bundled up together as they walk down the streets. He scoffs as he notices couples walking together in every direction. It’s as if the world is punishing him for being single, walking down a beautiful scenery alone.

But, he may have been too focused on them that he didn’t notice his cup of Americano flying through the air.

“What the-“ Jungkook exclaimed.

And before he knew it, the contents of that cup has now been spilled all over his trench coat. How worse can this day get? Luckily, the coffee wasn’t that hot anymore or he would’ve suffered a severe burn.

“O-Oh my gosh, are you okay? I’m so sorry!” The stranger bowed repeatedly. Jungkook sighs exasperatedly, looking at his now coffee drenched coat. This was brand new too. He thought.

“It’s okay,” Jungkook mumbled, forced to take off his trench coat. It’s not until this person lifted up their head that he realized that it’s a girl. Yup, if Superman’s weakness is a Kryptonite then our Jungkook’s are women.

“You must be so cold! Here, wear my coat instead-“

“N-No it’s ok, I’m fine,” Jungkook replied, trying to come up with a decent answer. It’s like someone took away his ability to form a proper sentence.

“I-I’m sorry again,” The stranger bowed in apology, “I was supposed to meet up with someone from that café down the street but I’m already late.” She bit her lips in anxiousness as she took several glances at her watch.

“Well don’t make that person wait for you any longer.” Jungkook softly said, who obviously knew what it felt like firsthand to be waiting for nothing.

“I probably should, anyways I’m so sorry again!” The girl nodded her head as she started walking away. “Wait!” She turned around, her golden blonde hair following her movements. “C-Can I get your number?”

“W-What did you just say?” Jungkook was flabbergasted by her request, how is he supposed to respond to something like that? This is the first time a woman ever asked for his number. Usually, he would be the one begging to get their contacts but this was different, way different. He sighed as she was sincerely waiting for his response.

“Here.” He gave her his phone instead.

“Thanks!” She cheerfully replied as she entered her number into his phone. He seriously had no idea how to properly act in situations like these.

“My name is Park Chaeyoung, but you can just call me Rosé if you want!”She smiled as she handed him back his phone, the name Rosé spelled out in big, black, and bold letters in the middle of his screen.

“And my name is Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you.” Jungkook introduced himself.

“What a nice name.” Rosé complimented, making the younger male blush.

“Why did you want my number?” Jungkook curiously asked, softly scratching his head as he tried to divert the attention away from himself.

“Well, I felt like I should give you a proper apology so how about we grab a cup of coffee whenever we’re free?” She offered, and any sensible man wouldn’t refuse this great offer.

“Sure,” Jungkook replied, “Now go, that person is probably waiting for you.” He flashed a soft smile.

“Yeah, see you again!” Rosé waved her hands at him as she ran into the opposite direction. What a day. Jungkook thought as he continued walking back to his house.

As soon as he got home, he was immediately harassed by a very apologetic Jimin, as if he’s been standing in front of the door in anticipation.

“Jungkook, I’m so sorry I didn’t know that my friend wouldn’t come!” Jimin exclaimed

“Yah, why are you sorry hyung? It’s not like you can control what she wants to do.” Jungkook replied as he threw his dirty trench coat onto the pile of the dirty laundry.

“Wait, why are you putting your coat there, is it dirty already?” Jimin pointed out.

“It’s a long story,” Jungkook sighed as he sat down on the couch, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter