****ing Fish...

Love Bet {HIATUS}


Ryousuke's POV:

   I can't seem to sleep.
   Yuto had taken up most of the bed, sprawling all over it like that, so I finally stole the blanket and took up the floor space. But it wasn't like I was going to be able to sleep anyway - not with Yukiko in the room beside us.
   And all the while I can't help but wonder if Yuto is serious about her. I mean, sure, he needs to get rid of his feelings for Ayane, the girl that had dated for a while but then broke up with when he found out she was only interested in him for the publicity.
   But is that the only reason he likes her? Does he even like her at all?

   I think of how she had hid under the bed while we changed. She's so funny...
   Now I'm sure that I can't sleep.
   Making sure I don't make much noise, I creep out the room, wincing every time the floorboards creak under my weight. But Yuto sleeps through it, anyway.
   I decided that I would go explore the store.

   Before going down the stairs, I sneak a peek inside Yukiko's door. She's sleeping peacefully, with her hands clasped underneath her head. So cute...Her blanket is lowered down to her waist. I see her shiver.
   Slowly, I go inside of her room and raise the blanket to her shoulders and tuck it in at the sides.
   "Good night, Yukiko," I say softly, and then I leave the room, my body tingling from the happiness.
   How would it feel to be sleeping beside her... I think.
   And then I shake my head. Yuto likes her, I remind myself, then begin down the stairs.

   The lovely fragrance of the store reaches my nose and I breathe it in.
   The flower shop here is really beautiful. It looks really natural; there's even a little waterfall and pond in the corner, though it's small. I go to it and look inside. There are about two or three fish there. They swim around in circles tails flicking around as they move. I touch the water, feeling it run through my palm when I bring my hand back up. A fish swims up to my palm and looks at it.
   I laugh softly to myself.
   "Hey, there," I whisper. "You're cute. Are you hungry?"

   Apparently, he was.
   Before I know it, the fish had chomped down onto my finger.

   "Wha - Hey!!" I lift it up out of the water and shake my hand. It doesn't break it's hold. "Hey!!" I yell at the fish. "Let go already!!" I yell some more at the fish, cursing all the while.

   And then the hurried footsteps of someone starts coming down the stairs. I freeze while the fish flails on my finger.
   Oh, .

Yukiko's POV:

When I went inside my room earlier today, I'd looked over my old glasses; the first three pairs that I'd broken before the one I'd lost this morning. Most of them were just pieces and parts - nothing special. But there was one piece that I was interested in.
   I picked up the one lens that I had recovered form my last pair of glasses. It had fallen off and had remained perfect. I looked through it from one eye and smiled when my vision became perfect again.
   "Ah...it's good to be able to see again," I say to myself and then I realize that I'm really tired.
   Falling onto my bed, my lens in my hand, I drift into unconsciousness.

   "Get the **** off my ****ing finger you ****ing fish!!!"

   I rise from my sleep, all grogginess forgotten. I listen some more to the curses and my heart starts to beat faster and louder. The angry voice is coming from the store.
   Could it be...a burglary?
  
Taking deep breaths, sit up quickly from the bed and stand up, sliding my feet into my slippers. Then I remember that my lens is is in my hand. I hold it to my eye and search around my room for a weapon. I catch the outline of the baseball bat that my dad had used when we would go out and play before the divorce.
   With trembling hands, I grab it.

   Taking a last deep breath, I open the door and go charging down the stairs.
   Even though it
's a relief to know that I can see again, all it does is give me a bigger shock to be able to see a handsome young boy about my age staring at me wide-eyed with a flailing fish on his finger.

   "Ah...hi," the boy says, looking sheepish. I recognize his voice as Ryouma-san's.
   The fish suddenly seems to be done chewing on his finger so it leaps off and lands in the water with a graceful plop.

   I let the baseball bat fall from my hand and I start to laugh.

   "Hey - stop laughing!" he says, but it only makes me laugh harder.

   "What - were you doing - with a fish on your finger?" I say in between laughs.

    HIs face grows red. "I guess it just likes my finger?" he asks.

   I laugh harder. When I feel recovered from the shock of it all, I look up at Ryouma-san.
   "So, I'm guessing you're Yamato Ryouma?" I ask him.

   He raises his eyebrows. "How do you know? I thought you couldn't see."

   "Well, for one, you're wearing my onee chan's clothes, and I recognized your voice. Plus, I have one of my lenses to my eye." I point at it.

   He looks confused. "Then...aren't you breaking the bet by doing that?"

   I stop and think. "Wow. Nakamura-san must have told you everything, huh?" I ask. "But...you won't tell him this, right?"

   He widens his eyes and points at himself. "Me? Wouldn't dream of it." He smiles and I can't help but smile back. He really is cute. I have a feeling that I should know who this boy is, but my exhaustion is rushing back to me and I can't think straight.

   "Okay. It'll be our own little secret, ne?"

   He nods and grins. "Okay. Our little secret."

   "Okay then. Go to sleep." But before I can turn around, the same fish leaps up and clamps onto my hand. "What - "

   Ryousuke laughs at me while I scowl at him.

   "It's not funny!" I tell him. The fish is whipping water all over me like there's no tomorrow. And then I remember what's in my hand. "My lens..!"

   But it's too late. The fish had already gulped down my lens, leapt away and was now swimming around happily in the pond. I glare at it.

   Yamato-san put a hand to his mouth to keep from bursting into laughter."Yukiko-chan...you look like you're about to fry that fish for breakfast."

   I narrow my eyes at the pond and grit my teeth.
   "Maybe I will..." I say, and start walking away, bumping into at least three things before reaching the staircase.
   Ryouma-san laughs behind me and some of my bad mood drifts away.
   Unlike Nakamura-san...He has a nice laugh.

Ryousuke's POV:

   I head up the stairs shortly after I hear Yukiko's bedroom door close.
   I can't stop smiling.
   She saw me, she saw my face, she talked to me, she laughed with me, she said that this night was "our little secret"...

   I know that I had acted like a complete idiot, but I can't stop myself from blushing every time I think about what had happened.
   I open the door to the guest room where Yuto is and look inside. Sure enough, he's still dead to the world, long arms and legs hanging off of the bed. I know now that my place on the bed is no longer open for me, but it doesn't matter. I could sleep on a bed of needles after the event tonight and still feel like I'm on top of the world.
   Dropping down on the floor, I fall immediately to slumber. The last thing I see in my mind is Yukiko's laughing face as I go to sleep.

 

 

 

                      What will go on with Ryousuke's crush on Yukiko? Who will she end up with?
        THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ MY STORY ~~~ <3 <3 <3

      Oh, and I need a new character that will be Yukiko's best friend!
   If you want to be her, please leave the following at the comment section :3

Name (Last First): _____________
Age:____________

Hobbies (includes likes + dislikes):_________________
Comments:____________________________
If you want to know anything beforehand, I'll inbox you :D
Thank you!!

 

                                               Chinen_Sakura96 <3