ch. 2

and our hearts still beat the same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung then proceeds to sincerely divide his work hours in two different parts, the one that comes before Jungkook shows up and the one that is after he leaves, he really doesn’t understand which is more painful, the one where he would watch the clock painfully, cursing at it for no apparent reason other than how slow it is moving and waiting desperately only to get annoyed to find that it doesn’t seem to move at all or, the other half of the time that seems to be running while he’s there. But now that Taehyung acknowledges his crush, he decides to remind himself every now and then, to not to let his hopes wander too high, Jungkook might not even like him, all he might be doing is, being polite and he can’t just expect everyone to like him back just because he starts to harbor feelings for them, but then he sees Jungkook walk up to him, with that beautiful smile on his face, watches how beautifully his eyes crinkle at the end and witnesses the smile grow wider as his pretty bunny teeth flash out and Taehyung knows he must be smiling stupidly by this time, he really can’t help it, it’s like some sort of reflex and he will feel his heart flutter, even more, when he sees the twinkling in Jungkook’s eyes and he will find that faint light of hope brighten again with knowing that Jungkook is as excited as him. 

 

What had started as small conversations, about work and whether and if he had his lunch or not or, if he considered the current politician to be as much of a as the previous one and oh! if he had seen the new obnoxious movie and the action stunts in it which defy every physics laws known to mankind; have now begun to drag on. It isn’t really about the casual talks anymore and they start talking about themselves instead of talking about this and that. The conversation flows naturally that would be met by disapproving glares of people in the library when they would get too excited and the hushed talks turn into noisy giggles.

 

The season began to shift, the days started to become shorter, for the winter was around the corner but their conversations started to grow longer. Taehyung would tell all about himself and for the first time in years, he finds himself not to be cautious about what the other person might think because there this light in Jungkook’s eyes, so visibly bright accompanying that faint smile on his lips when he keeps listening to Taehyung, as he keeps talking about facts that Jungkook won’t even bother remembering.

Jungkook would speak less, speaking only when it was necessary and when Taehyung would ask him why he won’t speak much, he would tell with an undeniable sincerity that he liked to listen him speak rather and there would be faint blush forming on his cheeks that would have nothing to do with the weather. Jungkook would smile deeper enjoying making him blush, but that was the extent of it until Taehyung would say something that lies in the line of- did you know that the Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump?

 

And finally, it was that maroon scarf that did it. It was December now, the cold was being a but Jungkook couldn’t possibly care less, for all he feels is this warmth at the mere thought of seeing Taehyung again, as if they hadn’t spent most of the yesterday night talking and texting each other, or the night before that and the night before that as well. The snow is soft and white, bringing in a serenity and calmness that seem to soothe his soul. There is always something about the snowfall that is so mesmerizing to watch, something that not even rain promises to bring along itself. The snow-covered streets and the feeling as he crushes it while walking beneath it has always fascinated Jungkook, ever since he was a little kid, back when he thought they were vanilla flavored cotton candy. He would watch them fall from the sky, appearing out of nowhere and then just effortlessly drop itself against anything it can anchor itself to. Today was especially cold and Jungkook gets down the bus, makes his way towards the library while enjoying watching as the fog forms funny nothings in front of him as he exhales, and as he was brushing the snow off his shoulders while he was entering the library, he then sees that Taehyung, all wrapped up in a maroon scarf, his hands bound closely to his chest as he was trying to keep the cold away, his nose, which was turned scarlet and ears still pink, indicating he had just entered the library before Jungkook.

 

Jungkook wished nothing but to wrap him his warm jacket all around him and never to let him go, but the problem was that Jungkook essentially was a wuss. He would come in p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter