Touch

Cross Gene stories

Fandom: Cross Gene

Pairing: hinted TakuSper, hinted OT6

Warnings: none

Rating: PG

 

"Shin-ssi"

"How dare you call your leader Shin-ssi?"

"Hyung"

"Yes Taku-chan?"

"You're fondling my "

"Yup!"

"Stop it"

"I don't wanna!"

Casper sighed deeply as the argument continued. He was sitting on his bed and, judging by the way Shin and Takuya's voices got louder and then quieter, the pair was passing his room on the way to the kitchen.

"Dinner will be 15 minutes late then..." muttering quietly to himself, the rapper flopped down on his bed. Counting cracks in the ceiling could occupy his mind for a small period of time, however, and his thoughts wandered to the only Japanese member in the dorm.

Takuya was... his best friend, really. They supported each other as the foreigners of the group, especially after Gao Jia's departure. They practiced Korean together and then sometimes taught each other their native languages. They had a bunch of inside jokes.

But Takuya is taller, more handsome, sought after. He's a model, an idol, an actor. The pressure to learn Korean was bigger on him than Casper so it's no wonder he made faster progress and soon practicing with him was no longer beneficial for Takuya. This is where Shin and the others took over. The time Takuya and Casper usually spent together grew more and more sparse as Takuya mingled with other members and celebrities more than with Casper. Takuya's schedule was always filled to the brim and Casper's was always painfully empty. Other members spent their time with him when they could and always supported him, sure. But they weren't Takuya.

Casper sighed sadly for the umpteenth time. He couldn't help but be a little jealous of the time the others spent with his best friend. Not to mention all the touching... The rapper was envious, he couldn't express his feelings as well as the other members and he doesn't really like skinship either. Recently, his mood is always down because he is unable to let anyone know how he's feeling, be it verbally or through body language. Takuya could understand him no matter what though. He just looked into Casper's eyes and reacted accordingly - said a few words Casper needed to hear or simply pulled him into a brief, one-armed hug. Whatever it is he did, it always made Casper feel better.

Takuya wasn't big on skinship but as days passed by he no longer protested as much when others were touching him, he sometimes even initiated physical contact. And so Casper lagged behind not only because of his lack of Korean skills but also because of his reluctance to skinship. He sighed again. It wasn't as if he was really that against physical contact, he just wasn't used to it. Other members knew that he liked personal space and, out of respect for him, didn't initiate any physical contact. But sometimes he needed it, sometimes he wanted them to disregard his personal space and just hug him or pat him on the shoulder. His voice and body stayed silent yet his eyes screamed. No one heard him. Takuya would, but someone always diverted his attention before he could look, really look at Casper. And so he remained miserable, looking helplessly as Takuya exchanged touches with Seyoung, Shin, Sangmin, Yongseok, their manager, heck, even with Jae Joon whenever they managed to meet. Everyone but him.

Before he realised, a lonely tear made its way down his cheek. He wiped it angrily and stood up.

"Enough of this moping" he thought to himself "it's time to eat. I wonder what Takuya made today?"

Casper left his room and went to the kitchen. Everyone was already there, eating happily. They all greeted him warmly when he came in, Sangmin scooted over to make some space for him at the small kitchen table. They would usually just take everything to the living room and sit on the floor but sometimes they felt the need to gather around the table that could fit maximum of 4 people. It was crowded and uncomfortable yet it made them feel closer, like a family. Casper took a seat between Sangmin and Seyoung. They all finished the dinner with plenty elbow banging, bruised knees and spilled food but with content smiles on their faces and warmth in their hearts.

After they ate, the six members of Cross Gene went to the living room and laid on the floor, side by side. Casper was lying right next to Takuya. He kept stealing glances at him, wanting to reach out and intertwine his fingers with the Japanese man's. He did nothing, however, and finally closed his eyes like the rest of the members.

Suddenly, he heard some rustling and felt warm breath on his neck. He moved his arm instinctively to act as a cushion for Takuya. The Japanese man curled up to his side and rested one hand on his chest. He started gliding his pointer finger over Casper's pectoral muscles and it took the rapper a while to figure out he was actually writing "I'm sorry" in hangeul. Casper smiled warmly. Takuya knew.

"It's okay" he whispered softly into Takuya's hair and laughed quietly when he felt a smiley being drawn on his chest.