Short and sweet

Cross Gene stories

Fandom: Cross Gene

Pairing: none, MyongSper if you squint really hard

Warnings: cuteness

Rating: PG

 

Yongseok opened his eyes and immediately looked at the clock on his bedside table. 4am. Way too early to be up but, try as he might, he couldn't fall asleep. After a few minutes of tossing and turning in his bed, Yongseok decided to get up and go for a morning jog.

He put on a crumpled tracksuit he kept in the back of his wardrobe, grabbed some tennis shoes and a face mask - mainly to keep safe from the polluted Seoul air but also to minimise the chance of a stray fan recognising him. He lazily combed his hair with his fingers, washed his face, put on his shoes and mask and left the dorm.

He was jogging for about an hour when he heard something that resembled chirping from a nearby alley. Curious, he slowed down and followed the sound. He found a box and when he opened the lid, the chirping got louder. Yongseok's eyes softened.

"Ah, now what to do with you..."

***

Yongseok opened the door to the dorm an hour and a half later, the rest of Cross Gene members still asleep if the silence was anything to go by. He took off his shoes and carefully made his way into the kitchen. He placed the box on the counter and opened it. A warm smile made its way onto his face when three little chicks started jumping up and down and chirping cheerfully. From his pocket he pulled out a packet of food for baby chickens, which he bought on the way home, and opened it. He spilled some of it inside the box and watched the chicks eat with utter adoration. A happy sigh left Yongseok's mouth. He was in love.

***

When Casper entered the kitchen, the first thing he saw was Yongseok playing with three chicks sitting on his head. Yongseok immediately stopped giggling upon noticing the rapper's presence and tried behaving as if there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Casper smiled gently and strolled over to the maknae. With his pointer finger he delicately the middle chick's head and let out a laugh when it tried to peck him.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone" whispered Casper to the blushing Yongseok.