Late Night Driving

Late Night Driving

"Take me," she asked him over the phone.

"What about your parents?" He hesitated on the other side.

"It's late, they won't notice," she pleaded. Out on the street was pure silence and a few flickering lights here and there. She looked at her digital clock and it read 12:30AM. He laughed over the phone and answered.

"Alright, meet you in 10," she smiled and hung up. The weather outside wasn't too hot nor cold but rather cool, a little on the breezy side. Perfect for an outing. By 12:35, she snuck out of her house through her backyard and the metal gate. With each step she takes in her black vans, lose hair strands from her still in place bun swung loosely against the wind. Content was shown all over her face as much as she wants to hide it in front of him. The moon still shined brightly and the street was occupied with sleepy figures. Deserted with those like her. She turned around Williams and his 4 Runner parked silently at the side. Smoke from the heating system rose gently from beneath and she opened the door to get in.  He took his hand off the steering wheel and cupped it along the frame of her face.

"Jimin," she laughed and pushed his hand away, "god, always so sentimental."

"Well, always a pleasure," he smiled and every time he does, she felt  as if all ceased to exist. But the overwhelming warmness that gesture brings. Sincere and honest with nothing but what was presented. She noticed the upward tilt of his mouth and eyes. He brings his hand to hers and began to drive. Moving from her neighborhood, they joined the high way and Japanese Denim played from his playlist.

"When will you be back?" she asked as she looked at the moving scenery outside. There was still a decent amount of cars out there, however as time passed by, there came less and less.

"Not until we're finished with the Wings tour," he said slowly, there was a tone of vigilance in his voice. She placed her other hand on top of his and said.

"Don't worry about me," she reassured him. They continued to drive under the dark sky. Yellowish light repeated its motions from the hood of the car all the way to the back. Moving from the dashboard towards the backseat within. She leaned her forehead against the glass and watched as others passed them by. Her necklace clinked below but she took no notice for she's worn it for a long time. They drove off from the high way and into a quiet street with a clear view of the still lit city. The streets angled down to reveal a thriving metropolis while they parked at the very top. He stopped the car while the heater still ran, she rolled down the window to let the cold rush in. They were present in the moment for it rightfully belonged to the two of them. Get You delved into their ears and played while they looked ahead. He turned to her and she did the same. Then propped his head on top of her as she laid on his shoulder. From the various times of dyeing his hair, there was a need for serious conditioning. Which would explain the fluffiness of his hair against hers. This time it was blonde, last time she'd seen him, it was brown.

They breathed moderately, hearts swung like a pendulum back and forth. Almost corresponding to each other's beat like a pattern. She placed her legs on the seat so that she can further indulge into his embrace. Few times a car's headlights flashed their faces while their fingers intertwined with one another. The force of their affection outweighed the consequences that they expected to face. However not yet then, until when they're both old enough to endure those consequences. They were just two young lovers.