Heart

Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene walks to the door after someone rang the bell. What she sees, left her speechless, because it was her diary. She lost it since she moved away from the city to Daegu because of some reasons. The girl picks it up and closes the door. She walks to the couch comfortably as she opens the first page of the book.


1st.Feb.2015

"The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of love is to look into your eyes, and see the love you feel for me, to see the way you feel and the way you care, that is why I love you."

A new girl in class who I find weird

She with the long black hair, walking inside the class, looking so awkward; she with the innocent expression when everyone is starting to whisper at each other once she introduced her name; she with a beautiful pair of cat-like-eye, looking around at the unfamiliar faces in front of her; she with the soft smile that doesn't even reach her eyes because everyone is looking at her; she with the pretty face, clean and soft, that is able to keep everyone's eyes on her; she with the adorable pointed-nose, which only scrunching when she laughed about the lame joke the teacher made; and here she goes, with the name, Kang Seulgi.


I found myself staring at the new girl for too long from my liking.
I am Bae Joohyun, third year college student, also a class president, 23 years old. I have the look. Beautiful isn't a correct word to describe me because I am more than that; I have the face that is able to steal every student heart in just a blink. Yet being beautiful isn't enough to describe Bae Joohyun; I am smart—intelligent. No matter how hard the exam is for the student, I will be able to ace in every subject. It might sound cocky but it is true. I also named as a goddess of A105 class, also a goddess of the Uni.


I did not know how long have I been staring at the new girl. When the teacher told the girl to sit in front of me, I did not know where to focus instead of the black hair's back.


The new girl didn't talk with anyone in the class; I found it weird because the Seulgi girl just looked at the teacher and focusing on whatever the teacher was speaking, not even taking note. I was staring—no just observing— (it is the right word) the Seulgi girl; I find it creepy at first but who care? This subject was the easiest one, I could pass it easily even without studying.

I let my eyes focus on the new girl until the end of the session because I think her back is pretty attractive.

I watched how the new girl taking her what-seem-to-be-her-expensive-bag and stood up; i also watched how the girl shook her head when a few famous girls in the class were trying to ask her to go out with them.


Umm Interesting.


---

01.Feb.2015

It is the same day but I just can't get it out of my mind.

I wait until the Seulgi girl walked out of the classroom then she started putting her books inside her bag. I smiled when a few of my classmates told me goodbye. I walked out of the classroom, but to my surprise, I was met with a soft pair of lips, pressing on mine without caring about other students who gave an envy look.


"It's embarrassing, Bogum."

I said it out loud but it only made the boy to grin wider than he ever was. He gives me a few more pecks before he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked away from the class. "Is it wrong to kiss my girlfriend?"


I chuckled softly, trying ignore his words and started to walk faster to catch up with his long legs.


I am dating with Park Bogum; the university principal's son, handsome, clever, and kind. Bogum is known for his kindness toward everyone he met. Everyone knows about our relationship. We have been dating for a year now and everyone is expecting to hear a good news from us soon because Bogum promised to propose to me when we graduate.


I couldn't be happier when Bogum confessed to me. It was that one night after a few hours of studying together for the upcoming exam, Bogum suddenly went on his knees and asked me to be his girlfriend. Sure. I said Yes without a second thought. He was my two-year-old crush anyway. Then the news that we are dating were all over the college; we were all over each other. Bogum would wait for me after class, he would send me home, carry my bag, or even feeding me food. He treated me like a princess and I had never been more thankful like this for my whole life.

I love my boyfriend so much.


---
15th.Feb.2015

"And in her smile--I see something more beautiful than the stars."

I FINALLY GET TO SEE HER SMILE.

It has been two weeks that I have been observing the new girl. I find myself staring at Seulgi's back again. As usual, she didn’t take note or anything, she just stared at the teacher and nodding her head along with whatever the teacher is saying. I wondered how could this girl just listened to the teacher and not even take notes. Although myself, is a very clever student, i still takes note sometimes. Sometimes I found Seulgi's back more interesting than whatever the lecturer said. I wondered how could a girl back look so attractive yet delicate like this.
Despite everything, I also noticed that Seulgi didn't talk to anyone in class, she would only reply with short answers when someone tried to talk to her. I wondered if Seulgi ever had any friend in this college.

That's why today, I told Bogum to go home first because I had important meeting with my friends which is definitely a lie, but Bogum didn't have to know because I assumed so; that's why I was walking behind Seulgi who had no idea that someone was following her.


I watched how Seulgi ran to someone while yelling cheerfully like that someone is someone special to her.


"Yerimie--"


I hid behind the tree instantly as i didn't want to witness the Yerimie hugging Seulgi. I tried to think of the Yerimie girl, second year student.

Since when has Seulgi actually known anyone in this college? I barely see Seulgi anywhere in the campus.


However, I still tried to peek. I saw how Seulgi hugged the Yerimie like they were friend since birth and most of all, how Seulgi smiled at the girl.


It wasn't any kind of smile that Seulgi shows the class, but it was more than that. It was a smile which full of passions, affections and loves. I want to be smiled at like that too. I want Seulgi to smile at me, because Seulgi has never smiled like this to anyone beside this Yerimie. I think it is unfair. I am Seulgi's classmate after all.

It won't hurt just to give your classmate a simple smile, right?


---
20th.Feb.2015

"And when you told me what your favorite book was--I bought it and read it over and over--trying to find pieces of you in it."

She talked to me. She knew my name.

I found myself observing Seulgi's back again. There is something about her back that keeps me entertained; i wonders when will i ever get tired of doing so?


During lunch break, I called Bogum to eat alone because I had a group work to finish. As expect from my perfect boyfriend, he was babbling me to not skipping my meal too often and he asked if he could join. And of course, I denied, because it was a lie; I didn't have a group work; I was trying to see what Seulgi will do during lunch break.


I grabbed my bag tight, following Seulgi from behind. I pretended to play with my phone so no one would notice what I wanted to do actually. I wrinkled my eyebrows when I knew where Seulgi coming to was Library. I don't have a bad relationship with library, but I just naturally hates the college's library. I prefer to stay home and study by herself because that's how I aced every exam. I rarely come to this library because I think I am allergic to the smell of books.

I walked inside the library to catch up with Seulgi, but the library was too huge and there were too many people inside that it became impossible to spot Seulgi. I tried to find her everywhere, but I couldn't see a similar girl. I ended up sitting in front of a table at the back of the library. Did I just let Seulgi slip away from me sight? It was funny because it only needed a few seconds for Seulgi to vanish from me. I was about to blame myself but then I heard a foreign voice calling my name.


"Joohyun?"

It was her. It was Seulgi. She knew my name. I was so shocked but thanks to my natural resting expression, Seulgi wasn't able to see.

"Oh... hi."

I was so shocked that I couldn't speak properly. Then she smiled at me softly. I felt—feel so disappointed because it wasn't the bright smile she gave that Yerimie.

"Can I sit with you too?"

I noticed how she sent me a puppy look which was impossible for me to deny her offer so I told her that it was fine and just be comfortable around me.

There was a long silence between us. Seulgi was reading the whole time while I was doing nothing because I didn't like reading at school.

"Why don't you read anything?"

The black hair girl in front of me asked. I was able to crack an awkward smile at her. "I don't like reading at school."

Seulgi smiled at me again, this time it looked wider and it gave me hope, the hope to see her bright smile. Seulgi showed me the book she was reading.

"I like reading. I read a lot. In fact, reading is what I do every day."

"No wonder you seem quiet in class."

I like how she laughed softly at my words. She looked so beautiful that I couldn't hold myself together well.

"What are you reading now?"

"If I Stay by Gayle Forman. My favorite. It was published in 2009. The story is about a 17-year-old Mia Hall as she deals with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. Mia is the only member of her family to survive, and she finds herself in a coma."

I like how her voice sound so soft and low yet powerful. I'm sure she can sing very well. I looked at the book's cover and figured out that the book is about romance. Not my type.

"You should try."

She told me to try reading it. I didn't know what to reply because I don't like reading romantic book. I prefer something violent more.

I was able to nod my head slowly. We were back to silent again because Seulgi was reading the book thoroughly. After fifteen minute, we bit goodbye because Seulgi had to go. I told her to stay healthy which made her laugh again.

"It was nice talking to you, Joohyun. Let's see each other often."

I didn't understand her words, but it was fine because she finally showed me her bright smile. I like her smile. When her lips form a crescent mood as well as her eyes. When Seulgi gone, I went to search for the book that she read. If I stay it is. I'm not a romantic person but I will try to read this book, for her.


---
Irene smiles at the memories. It's been two years now and yet she's still here, feeling all the butterflies inside her tummy whenever she thinks about the memories. She flips another page to continue reading.


---
28th.Feb.2015

"The worst part of getting close to someone is the part when you have to miss them."

Seulgi and I started to talk more now. I don't just have to stare at her back all the time because she would turn to look at me and smile at me more often. I like this. I like the feeling when I was staring at her back and she turned around just to smile at me. I started to spend more time with Seulgi. We go to the library together and sometimes we eat together. Bogum was busy with his exams but it was completely fine for me.

"Joohyun-ah, why are you so smart like this?"

Seulgi asked me when I explained her about this one easy lesson. She looked so cute when she didn't understand the lesson. She looked cuter when she was embarrassingly shaking my arm asking me to explain the lesson to her.

"You just need to study harder."

I encouraged her, but she only smiled at me. My favorite kind of smile from Seulgi. "I only like reading. I wanted to be an author."

I laughed at her because she looked so cute when she said so. I only pat her back. Omg- I like the feeling when I get to touch her back. It feels so soft and—ah I cannot explain. I just like her back so much.

We've been getting closer to each other these days. Seulgi only talked to me and it somehow makes me feel kind of special. But right now, that I'm writing my diary, I started to miss her. I don't understand why do I have such a feeling when I only known her for less than a month but I am too tired to figure it out now. Anyway, I cannot see her today because today is Saturday. Ah- one day more to go until I get to see Seulgi again. Fighting Joohyun.


---
2nd.March.2015

"I don't know why I get so protective and jealous over you when you are not even mine."

Today I saw Seulgi with a girl. Not the yerimie but with another girl from room A106. I barely see her interacting with other students in the class, how could she even have a friend from the class next to ours. I felt so terrible because Seulgi did not ask me to go to the library with her today, she just smiled at me and walked out of the classroom like I was just a friend to her. I saw Seulgi and that girl smiling at each other like they have known each other very close—closer than me. They were walking to the cafeteria while holding hand. I did not understand why Seulgi even let the girl who has nothing but a face that fruits would fall whenever she smiles. So, I called Bogum to meet me at the cafeteria. When I arrived at the cafeteria, Bogum was already there, smiling at me. Everyone was looking at us, but it bothered me because Seulgi and the fruit-will-fall-whenever-she-smiles girl were together, laughing together, without bother to glance at me. It bothered me so much so I chose to sit next to Seulgi's table. Seulgi was still laughing with the girl without caring about me. I had to stand up and slammed a table to get her attention. Bogum was looking at me worriedly. I think my brain didn't function well that time because I pulled Bogum closer and kissed him. I saw how Seulgi widened her eyes, and there was a hurtful expression on her face. I wanted to believe that it's true but how is it possible?

When I released Bogum from my grip, there were students cheering for us. I smirked because I was stupid. When I turned to see Seulgi again, she was already leaving with the fruit girl who I happened to find out later that her name is Park Sooyoung.


---
12th.March.2015


"But what if she's waiting for me to start talking to her and I am waiting for her to start tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter