VIXX, magical girl AU

i'm in the ocean of light

“This is a really bad idea.” Sanghyuk says flatly as Jaehwan types something into his mini computer. It’s bad enough that they’re skipping fifth period but now his friend is in full Magic Kingdom garb and why oh why does Sanghyuk find it hard to say no to his best friend?

His friend pouts at him, but he can’t move much since the spell is still being loaded onto the computer. “Don’t be silly, Hyukkie. I thought you wanted to make the soccer team and impress Hakye—“ He’s cut off when the younger clamps a hand over his mouth, looking around for anyone who might have heard them. “You’re too loud.”

“C’mon—once the potion is complete, you’ll be able to wow Hakyeon with your soccer skills and make the team!

"Trust me, he says." Sanghyuk grumbles, wringing his hands. "It will be okay, I practiced my spellwork, he says--"

"I'm sorry." Jaehwan's voice is small, shoulders hunched and Sanghyuk feels terrible since his friend only wants to help, but. Despite being a wizard ("A magic boy, assigned to protect the world from evil!" Jaehwan had exclaimed once to the detriment of Sanghyuk and Hongbin.), Jaehwan isn't really... adept at spells. Or potions. Or disguises. Or anything magical-related for that matter.

"It's not that bad." Hongbin is desperately trying to keep a straight face and failing, and Sanghyuk really wonders why he's friends with such cruel people. "You're pretty tall, taller than the rest of the people trying out even. You'll have his attention in no time."

"I'm pretty sure that he knows that Han Sanghyuk is supposed to be a guy." Sanghyuk says wryly, gesturing to himself, all long legs and brown hair that currently reached down his back. It feels weird, having too much hair, but then again, he's also missing important body parts, which is even weirder. "Which, I'm currently not right now."