leo/any, would you like fries with that

i'm in the ocean of light

"This is the third time this week, Taekwoon hyung." Jaehwan sighed. "I know it's not exactly ideal, but Wonshik's on leave, and neither Hongbin nor Sanghyuk can do a double-shift. You can't keep scaring our customers away."

Taekwoon merely sat on his chair, face impassive before he nodded. Jaehwan reached out to pat his friend on the shoulder, sighing in relief.

"I swear, you're a total lifesaver! I'll treat you to lattes for a month, how does that sound?"

So that was how Jung Taekwoon wound up on counter duty at Burger King for the third straight day. It had been a good idea at the time, but now he wasn't exactly sure. He wasn't even this type of person; he wasn't so easily bought by worldly possessions.

But then again, he had sold out for coffee so maybe he needed to rethink his life choices---

"Hello!" Oh, a customer-- and oh shoot, it was Cha Hakyeon from his statistics class-- abort, mission abort-- "Oh, Taekwoonie! I didn't know you worked here, you look so cute in that vest!"

"Hello, welcome to Burger King." He can't believe that his first proper conversation with his attractive classmate is about what he'd like to order. "What would you like to order?"

"I'll have the Four-Cheese Jr. Whopper please."

"Okay."

"Taekwoonie, you forgot to ask whether I would like any fries with that." This was just getting more embarrassing by the minute. Taekwoon sighed, his cheeks turning slightly pink in embarrassment.

"Would you like any fries with that?" Hakyeon nodded approvingly, smiling.

"Yes, please." An awkward pause followed that before Taekwoon realized that he was supposed to get Hakyeon's order, fumbling a little as he typed the order in the system. How was he going to survive this--