Apocalypse (Shikshin couple)

IOI One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey readers! For the first Chapter, I received a request from @asahdako ! :) A Zombie Apocalypse AU, it's my first time writing one hopefully it is not too bad. Neither have I watched Train to Busan, but I'll use the train carriage etc! Thank you for subscribing, do leave a comment or requests and remember to give it an upvote! - Jin

------------------------

*Year 1960 , Seoul*

It's been 20 years since the last zombie apocalypse happened in South Korea, it was a massive one which invaded almost half of the population. Kim Sohye was at her University pursuing her Masters in Medicine. She has been researching on about the apocalypse that happened for about 2 years now, and it was her final year. Going to the site where there were remnants of the cause and corpse. Her lecturer specially brough back the zombie corpse for the students to examine and test. Sohye was always the top in her cohort, not only is she bright, smart and gorgeous , she is a massive fan of penguins and sharks. She barely sleeps for more than 3 hours, instead work her off in the lab finding the right herb and bacteria to form a medicine to cure Zombie bites.

"Yes! I finally got it!" Sohye stood up and did a little victory dance, which surprised her two classmates and professor in the lab. "Professor! Come I figured it out!".

Professor Sejeong came walking over to examine the corpse Sohye tested on. The zombie wound from a bite cleared up real quick and the data recorded listed that the blood turned normal. "W-wait , it got rid of the virus?" Professor Sejeong asked Sohye, and she nodded with a wide smile on her face. Professor Sejeong gave So rub Sohye's head , "Good Job Sohye ah, take a break alright! I'll inform the National Hospital about your new creation!".

"Thank you for all of your teachings Professor!", she smiled and packed some of her Zombie healing medicine. "See ya professor at the graduation ceremony!", she waved goodbye to her professor.

Sohye was at home on her bed, after all that amount of work she had done she was supposed to feel tired but she was getting bored instead. As she was staring up at her penguin designed ceiling, Hmm should I go to the Zoo to visit Penguins? or Should I go to... JEJU! Yes Jeju!, she got up quickly packing her stuff. Heading off to Jeju, after getting a ticket.

Mean while over at Jeju Island there was a girl who went back to her hometown after she was done with her university final year assessment. "Mina ah! " a girl shouted, the voice nearing Mina's room. "Mina!!!" The girl kept shouting even after she arrived in Mina's room. Mina who was sleeping, took her pillow covering her ears to prevent the noise that was disturbing her beauty sleep. The latter pounced on top of Mina, hugging her "OKAY OKAY, what is it Doyeon ah?" She surrended to the taller girl.

"Your article was a bomb! And Seoul Times the journalism company wants you!" Doyeon smile at her best friend proudly, "Here!" she handed Mina the letter.

Mina could not believe what she saw, the letter in her hands, her dream. "I'm going to miss you buddy" said Doyeon , looking at Mina.

"Aww come on, I'll bring you over and give you a tour around Seoul someday! I'll visit often too! Ahh, I can't believe this.... Thank You Doyeonie!" , Mina gave her bestfriend a tight hug.

---------------------------------------

After a week of relaxing at Jeju Island, Sohye was at Busan after a few hours being in the ferry from Jeju. "One ticket please!", she gestured to the lady at the ticket counter.

"Alright, here you go Miss Kim! Enjoy your ride back to Seoul.", Sohye then went to wait for the train to arrive.

When the train arrived, everyone boarded and went to their respective cabins. Sohye looked around for her cabin, which was situated at the front of the 3rd carriage out of six. She knocked on the door, opening it to a girl looking out the window in her yellow sweater and jeans. Wow her back view is amazing, but she looks familiar... Sohye cleared , "H-hey, we're going to be cabin mates for the new few hours! My name is Kim Sohye, nice to meet you." she said as she sat down infront of the girl, who turned her attention from the window view to Sohye. "Hi my name is Kang Mi... SOHYE!" the girl said excited.

"MINA!" they both hugged each other, "Oh my gosh , no way is this fate or??? What are you doing here in Busan?".

"It is fate !!! I went back home to Jeju after my assessment, and I'm heading back to Seoul! What about you?"

"OH Right you are from Jeju! I went to Jeju for vacation after I was done with my research that I have been doing for 2 years." Sohye said. I've been so occupied that I have not thought about Mina... she has become even prettier than before. Her crescent eye smile, beauty shining off her face sigh...if only I confessed to her then but she had a boyfriend...Her boyfriend.. wait are they still together?

"Mina ah, it's been years since we caught up with each other, 10 years?"

"Mhmm, High school days were the best with you I miss those times.", Mina sighed. If only I did not date JooHyuk, Sohye and I would have more time with each other.

"Yeah me too, how are you and Joo Hyuk? He is one lucky guy.", Sohye said looking out of the window sighing.

"We broke up, after a year. I realised I lost someone so precious because of him, he wasn't a gentleman at all when we got into a relationship unlike the time he wooed me.", Sohye turn to look at Mina, "I miss you Sohye.". Sohye couldn't believe her ears, "If only I knew how much you were hurting, and your feelings towards me we would have been together..."

"H-how'd you know?" Sohye asked shocked at Mina's confession.

"Doyeon told me about it, but it was too late to confess to you because JooHyuk kept holding me back, I had to struggle my way out but I could not contact you after we graduated. Is it too late?" Mina asked in hopeful, thankful for this fate to meet Sohye again. Sohye's moment finally came, when she was about to say yes a loud banging came to the door. "EVACUATE THIS AREA NOW. THERE IS AN INFECTED NUMBER OF PEOPLE FROM CARRIAGE 4-6, FASTER!" , they guy went to quickly inform the others.

Sohye and Mina looked at each other terrified, Mina started panicking but Sohye decided she needs to help calm Mina down. "Mina ah, Don't worry we'll both get out of here alive.", Sohye grabbed her bagpacks, and held Mina's hand direction her out to the other carriage. After everyone was on the second Carriage, jumping dangeroulsy from one to another there was a dude left who got bitten partially and jumped over after the other guy released the connector, releasing the back cabins full of zombies away. The guy who just got bitten jumped over and everyone continued running to the first carriage. Sohye was thinking or not to stay and help the guy, Mina kept telling Sohye to run, Sohye followed Mina there was the last step into the cabin and they both got onto the first carriage. A woman was then crying, "NO! My Husband has been infected, and my son is in there with him! Someone please save them please!". Sohye and Mina looked at each other, Sohye quickly kneeled down , opened her bag pack in search of the medicine she made. "Here Mina, keep this. This will heal the bites of zombie, I'm going to-"

"No I'm not going to let you go over." Mina said not wanting to lose Sohye ever again.

"Please Mina, I'll try to save the kid and myself, I've got some with me here. I'm sorry but I have to." Sohye grabbed Mina's face and pulled her into a kiss, then letting go. "If I don't ever make it, just know fate will bring us back again. Here take my stuff in my bag, I've got a bracelet in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter