1) Busking

Before I Die

Day 64

I spent the last three days practicing my guitar skills. I decided to start today.

While making my way to the designated place, which is in front of the convenience store, I start to rethink my decision. Am I really going to do this?

I asked Hyerin to help me set things up in front of the store and she agreed. Though she said I’m being weird, she still helps so I couldn’t be mad.

The store is located besides a main road and it’s always full with people there so I think it’s a strategic place.

Why busking?

I’ve always enjoy singing during my free time and I think I sound quite good when I sing so I don’t want to turn this talent into a total waste.

Standing in front of the store, I glance inside through the glass door and I see Hyerin mouthing ‘Fighting’ to me. I shoot her a wink and take a deep breath before ping the guitar bag, putting it on the concrete pavement in front of me.

I start singing.

At first, nobody really pay attention towards me but later, a group of crowd starting to form around me.

This is enjoyable.

--

“Wow, you gain a lot in just a day,” Hyerin asks while helping me collecting the coins and notes.

I softly chuckle in response. I don’t expect this either.

“Why are you doing this suddenly?”

“Just because,” I mutter a safe answer.

Hyerin pouts.

“So, same time again tomorrow?”

“What?”

“Busking?”

“Uh, nope. I’m doing this only for today,”

“What? That is not enough to support your life, Jaehwan,”

“What life? I do this not to support my life. I gained a lot already from working at that company,” I zip my bag and stand up, patting away the dirt on my pants. “Let’s go,” I help Hyerin to get on her feet and we walk home.

I feel this weird feeling inside me. I feel so proud and happy. Why didn’t I think about this before?

Maybe this ‘before I die’ list is worth it.