French Vanilla Frappuccinos and Americanos

Sweeter Than Sweet [February Air Sequel]

Just a disclaimer, there's a lot a  bit more swearing in this one than the Dojae oneshot, because you know Ten swears a lot. Oh, and this is longer than usual so yea--


 

Ten wanted nothing more than crawling into a hole and die. The endless teasing wouldn't just stop. Words flew out of Yuta's mouth faster than Ten could comprehend.

 

The Japanese wore a bright smile on his face as he continued to nudge Ten in his side, "So? Have you made any progress with him yet, huh?!" Ten bashfully looked away. He could feel the blush creeping up on his cheeks -- his face was probably a deep cherry color by now. 

 

Squeals erupted in the once quiet hallway. The students who were trying to finish their homework before their classes start (or were trying to get some shuteye) glared at the pair with annoyance, but honestly, they couldn't care less. They were the resident flamboyant heartthrobs of the school, everyone was used to their loud chatter by now.

 

Yuta stopped, turning to Ten with a large smile on his face. "I'm going to take the redness in your cheeks as a 'yes'. So, spill the tea." 

 

Ten's eyes were focused on the floor as they continued to walk through the hallways. The basketball player kicked his feet and bit his lips ever so slightly, but Yuta caught it. He swore Ten was acting like the typical school girl right now, and he was that one pushy, but supportive best friend. "There really isn't much... He went to our final game yesterday, and congratulated me on making two 3-pointers."

 

A bright grin spread on Yuta's face. Now Ten really wanted to crawl into a hole and die. There was no going back now, not after feeding Yuta's gossip loving brain.

 

"Did he now? Ohh~ Who knew a sweaty and hot Ten could lure him in? Oh wait--" 

 

"Yuta, I will personally backhand you on behalf of priests and monks everywhere if you finish that sentence." Yuta shut his mouth quickly. Ten was the mischevious type, but he wouldn't dare risk getting -smacked by Ten this early in the morning. Doyoung wouldn't be here to protect him!

 

"Yessir Tensir." The two stared at each other before breaking into a fit of giggles. Despite the threats and curses exchanged between the two throughout the day, they were still attached to the hip in the end. 

 

"Ten-ah! Yuta-kun!" A bright and melodic voice called out to them from the other side of the corridor. The two glanced back and saw Doyoung walk towards them with a toothy grin on his face. 

 

If Ten was a sweet devil, and Yuta was the queen of RuPaul's drag race, then Doyoung was an angel. They were an odd trio who strutted the halls of the school. Their personalities clashed in many different ways, but they still manage to be the best of friends. All three were practically glued at the hip, or attracted each other like magnets.

 

Doyoung bounced over to the two and Ten hugged the taller male tightly, who hugged him back. "Morning you guys, nice to see you guys aren't zombies. How are you even awake, I feel so dead on the inside." He announced with a loud groan.

 

It was only then that Ten noticed how red Doyoung's lips were. The elder had a habit of biting his lips to stay awake, and the scarlet color was proof of that. "Has my Doyounggie not been getting enough sleep? My poor baby..." Ten's exaggerated aegyo voice made the two cringe, receiving rough smacks from both sides of him. "It was a joke!"

 

"Yeah yeah Ten, whatever you say." Doyoung crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. Ten wanted to roll his eyes back at the elder out of pure sass but saw something more interesting out of the corner of his eye.

 

There he was. Jung Jaehyun, that boy Doyoung had a massive crush on, was staring right at them. Or more specifically, Doyoung. Very intensely, almost in a haze, he might add.

 

He felt a sinister grin bloom on his face as he connected the dots together. Oh, this was going to be good. Yuta would have so much tea that he wouldn't know what to do with all of it. 

 

Ten put his usual radiant smile on his face and poked Doyoung's side, "Yah, your American boy is staring at you~" Ten said, his voice dripping with amusement.

 

Pink flared on Doyoung's cheeks as he quickly glanced in Jaehyun's directions. He could tell his friend was nervous just by the way he fidgeted with his fingers. He wasn't in psychology for nothing, it helped so much with dissecting people's love lives.

 

"Are you sure you don't mean your American boy, hmmm Ten-ah?" Doyoung shot back with so much sass it made Yuta go 'ohhh snap! '. 

 

Ten's cheeks lit up as he looked over at Johnny who wore a bright smile on his face. From what he could see (which wasn't much considering he was vertically challenged and Johnny's entire squad was at least 4 inches taller than him) Johnny was dying from laughter and Jaehyun's tense and balled up fists meant that Jaehyun was the cause.

 

There was no doubt in Ten's mind that Johnny was most likely teasing Jaehyun about it.

 

He turned to his friends, who were bickering about some cooking show Taeyong told them about. A show where idols tried to make traditional Korean food, but it ended up turning into an aegyo fest with 'How's This?' as the main point. It sounded pretty amusing in Ten's opinion. 

 

But he could barely focus on the conversation at all. Johnny's joyful laughter rang throughout the hallway so bright and clearly, that he found himself releasing a pleased sigh whenever he heard it. He hadn't even realized he'd be staring at the Chicago man until Doyoung stepped on his foot. 

 

Doyoung wasn't exactly the athletic type (he was a band geek, but a very cute band geek), but man he gave an unforgiving heel to the toes. It must have been all the hours he spent practicing his marching.

 

"Doyounggie, why do you do this to me?! I thought you loved me..." Ten said with a pout. An innocent sheen covered his eyes as he let out a whimper. But Doyoung wasn't having it, "Yeah, and I thought I was the only one who wasn't subtle with staring." He scoffed.

 

"Hey Ten! Can you come over here and help Johnny, he’s dying from laughter." A loud voice echoed in the corridor, and all three males looked over at the source with curiosity.

 

Jaehyun had a grin that Ten could only describe as a eating one, and Chanyeol and Sehun were banging their fists against the locker as their bodies trembled. Laughter, possibly? It was honestly hard to tell, they're freaking towers for God's sake.

 

Jealously swirled in Doyoung's doe eyes. Anyone could tell he was a tiny bit envious because of his jutted out hip, the furrow between his brows and the corners of his red lips pointing south. Ten stuck out his tongue at the elder, mouthing 'suck it' to him as he dashed down the hallways.

 

“What’s happening?” He looked at the taller male with an expectant gaze. Jaehyun pointed down towards the ground, where he then noticed Johnny who was awkwardly sprawled out on the tiles next to him.

 

“Oh no, Johnny are you alright?” He squatted down next to Johnny. Using a technique his mom taught him to tell if his sister was sick, he placed the back of his hand against Johnny's forehead. His hand retracted quickly when he felt Johnny's forehead burn up the longer his hand was there, was he sick?

 

He must have been sick, no one gets that hot that fast. His suspicion was backed up by Johnny's excessive coughing and his pink cheeks. “You aren’t sick, are you? You’re coughing an awful lot and it is flu season… Come on you’re coming with me.”

 

Ten grabbed Johnny's hand and dragged him up the stairs. He could feel Doyoung and Yuta's eyes boring into his back as he and his crush disappeared up the stairwell.

 

nu4P6QkbmMKWT7Hd5Vs9360SJ0hz0la0kl8ENK8AxJdFjgDcsfE2nMqkfAgxqRaC6GVfWseG6IHCi1QimFDqR7TZ0BgJ2kB6vUX9aL3pBD_e6ODxh4heBlNs4nabl00aCdOalvwL

 

"Thank you so much!" Ten bowed to Nurse Jeon who smiled at the young student. "I'm sure your friend was really grateful for you carrying him up here. You must be pretty strong for such a small build."

 

Ten laughed awkwardly at the Nurse's jab at his height. Yes, he knew he was short. Especially compared next to people like Johnny (the height different was admittedly adorable). "Yeah, sure." 

 

"I'll write you a pass once you're ready to leave, okay?" He nodded and watched as she went back to the front counter.

 

The Thai boy walked to the cubicle where Johnny was laying. Those nasty- parchment paper sheets that covered the bed crinkled under the latter's muscular body. His eyes trailed down to Johnny's face, who was seemingly sleeping peacefully. How he was able to sleep on that rock they called a pillow was a question that could only be answered by Einstien himself.

 

"Get well soon Johnny." Ten whispered to the older male. He really wanted to kiss Johnny's lips forehead, but if any cliché drama taught him anything, is to never kiss the love interest while they're sleeping. So instead, he kissed his fingertips and patted Johnny's cheek lightly.

 

He was just about to walk away when he heard the sheets crinkle loudly behind him. '' Ten thought, 'Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me he wasn't awake during that.' The K-Dramas were right, the love interest was always awake.

 

"H-Hey Ten!" Johnny grabbed Ten's wrist before he disappeared behind the curtains. The two looked at each other. Ten could feel his heart racing, as the blood rushed to his cheeks. This was the effect Johnny Seo had on him, and he desperately hoped that he wouldn't notice his flustered appearance.

 

"Can you just stay with me for a bit?" The red in his face darkened. Ten couldn't even form a coherent sentence, his lips weren't even functioning properly. "It's because I-- I just don't like being alone." Johnny stuttered out. His face was seemingly as nervous as Ten's.

 

"Y-You don't have to if you don't want to--"

 

"N-No! I'll stay with you..." Ten bit his lips bashfully. He could feel the tips of his ears blazing brighter than the smile blooming on Johnny's face.

 

nu4P6QkbmMKWT7Hd5Vs9360SJ0hz0la0kl8ENK8AxJdFjgDcsfE2nMqkfAgxqRaC6GVfWseG6IHCi1QimFDqR7TZ0BgJ2kB6vUX9aL3pBD_e6ODxh4heBlNs4nabl00aCdOalvwL

 

"And then he just grabbed my wrist and he asked me to stay! To stay you guys, what was he even implying?!" Ten fell face first onto the table he, Yuta and Doyoung were sitting at for lunch. Well, at least for like the first 5 minutes before Yuta went off to sit at Johnny's table and he and Doyoung went to the lunch lines.

 

"You tell us Ten. You're the one who's taking psychology right now." Doyoung's words felt like a jab to his pride. Yuta simply laughed at Ten's bewildered expression. 

 

"I dunno, maybe he's implying he wants you to stay with him. For life~" The Japanese male said with a cat-like smirk on his face. Ten would have thrown his clementine at the elders face, if it weren't for the fact that he could have sworn he saw Johnny look over in his direction.

 

Ten was so blatantly staring directly at his table. It was so painfully obvious, even more than Doyoung's at this point. Yuta could practically see, the pink tint overtaking his body when Johnny breathed.

 

"Yikes, I can feel the in the air, and you two aren't even next to each other. I can practically see your blue balls through your clothing dude." Ten turned to Yuta with a hard glare, kicking the soccer player in the shin so hard that it left an indent. Yuta's forehead smacked into the table, whimpering as he gripped his shin as his attempt to ease the pain.

 

"Look who's talking. Yours are bluer than Neptunes." Ten scoffed. Yuta spat loud foreign words at him, probably some Japanese curses at him, as he smacked Ten's forearms. Ten's laughs only grew louder with each passing second as he saw Hansol walk past the table, staring at Yuta for a second before passing by the trio.

 

"Oops, that was my cue to leave~ Bye Lover-boy." The Thai male took Doyoung's hand and left Yuta to wilt in a pool of agony. This is why you never mess with Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul because too many coincidences while he's around. Blame it on the fact that he took psychology, he probably had some mind tricks or telekineses schemes up his sleeve.

 

nu4P6QkbmMKWT7Hd5Vs9360SJ0hz0la0kl8ENK8AxJdFjgDcsfE2nMqkfAgxqRaC6GVfWseG6IHCi1QimFDqR7TZ0BgJ2kB6vUX9aL3pBD_e6ODxh4heBlNs4nabl00aCdOalvwL

 

The two chatted in the lunch lines like usual. It was the daily small talk about the tiny things they noticed in school, like how Mrs. Jung seemed peppier than usual. Was it because it was almost the end of the week, or was it because of some other outside source? They could babble on and on about that.

 

"So I was thinking that-- Ohmygosh Ten look at Jaehyun!" Doyoung cut his thought off half way and proceeded to point in Jaehyun's direction. The other boys who were seated at his table were smiling creepily at Jaehyun's flustered figure. And he saw how Jaehyun stretched his neck out a little bit, eyes scanning the room for the person standing right next to him. 

 

"Ohh I think some tea is about to be spilled. Be right back darling~" Doyoung delivered a hard smack to Ten's back as the latter walked towards their table. 

 

The closer he got, the more he heard Doyoung's name being said in a teasing manner. Even Winwin, the one who was the timidest out of the group, joined in on the fun of teasing the absolute out of Jaehyun. "Is our Jaehyunnie getting shy from his crush on Doyounggie, hmm?" He heard Taeil's voice loud and clear at this point.

 

And Taeil wasn't the type to lie, so the information about Jaehyun's crush on Doyoung only caused his brain to brew up an ingenious plan. But first, he just needed to set everything up. And that started with Jung Jaehyun.

 

Ten walked up to the table, his hands behind his back as he said, "Did I hear 'Doyounggie'?" The air around the area seemed to freeze as he looked at everyone suspiciously. So everyone had shut up now, huh? He guessed it was his time to talk. 

 

He looked over at Jaehyun, who looked like a boy who just got caught doing something naughty by his mother. "You're the one who has a crush on my Doyounggie right?" The corners of Jaehyun's mouth pointed down quickly before he shook his head no. 

 

 "Don't you think I didn't see that frown ohhhh no." Ten sat himself down next to Johnny. He glared intensely at the male on the other side. His tense shoulders and the rectangular shape beginning to form on Jaehyun's mouth signaled that he was getting nervous, which is just what he wanted.

 

"Now, spill the tea. Actually, you don't have to because your face gives it all away." Ten stated bluntly and continued with his assault, "It's safe to assume that you're just gonna keep staring at him like some kind of freaky deaky stalker,"

 

He could hear the foreign swagger line react loudly and Taeyong's low grumbles, but he continued to talk anyway, "And you two look cute together. If you two just date already, I can finally stop feeling like someone is boring holes through my head whenever I'm with Doyounggie."

 

Jaehyun's lips moved, but he couldn't even catch what he was saying before a loud 'thump came from under the table and Jaehyun's face scrunched up in pain. "How about you confess your feelings for him on Valentine's Day? He loves romantic crap like that ya know." Ten mindlessly grabbed a carrot from Johnny's tray and started munching on it. 

 

He didn't exactly get his food yet, so he had to do what he had to do to fill his stomach for a little bit. "Don't tell me I'm supposed to get him a box of chocolates or something." Jaehyun laughed at his own sentence. His giggled got caught up in his throat when he saw Ten look at him judgmentally.

 

"Again in case I didn't accentuate my sentence enough, he loves romantic crap like that ya know." Ten deadpanned.

 

"I myself am the chocolate, why would I buy chocolate?" Ten's mouth hung ajar as boisterous laughter and screams came from all sides of the table. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Taeil stuff a piece of broccoli down Taeyong's throat. He briefly considered doing the same to Jaehyun, but the younger had a dazed look on his face. 

 

This fool was clueless about love. Which was a bit of a shock to him, considering how handsome and lively Jaehyun was (but he still liked Johnny more). He rubbed his temples to ease the stress crashing down on his shoulders, "You know what, here. We can talk about this entire thing later, "

 

They clearly weren't going to get anything done, at least while his friends weren't around, so this was the fastest way to resolve the problem. And plus, he didn't want to leave Doyoung alone for too long, he could have already gotten his food, without Ten! He had to go back immediately. "Don't wanna keep my Doyounggie waiting~ Bye!" 

 

And with that, he ran back to the lunch lines. He could have sworn he heard Johnny scream something that sounded like he said his name, but Ten shrugged it off. For the sake of food (even if it was fake- cafeteria food).

 

nu4P6QkbmMKWT7Hd5Vs9360SJ0hz0la0kl8ENK8AxJdFjgDcsfE2nMqkfAgxqRaC6GVfWseG6IHCi1QimFDqR7TZ0BgJ2kB6vUX9aL3pBD_e6ODxh4heBlNs4nabl00aCdOalvwL

 

Ten tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for Jaehyun in the pink district. His shift at Paradise Coffee & Cakes was about to start soon, and he didn't want to be late. Plus, all the bright pink colors were staring to make him see everything in pink, so he really hoped the latter would appear soon. 

 

Not even a minute had passed when he had that thought and he saw Jaehyun jogging up to him, with armfuls of goodies that he could only assume were for Doyoung. "Hey, sorry I was late. I got lost."

 

"Whatever you say Jaehyun." Ten purposefully closed up his throat to produce a nasally voice. He was not being petty about that, not at all. "Doyoung should be walking down here in a couple minutes or so, so just wait here okay? Now I gotta blast or else I'm going to be late for worrrkkkkkkkkkk." Ten quickly gathered his belongings and dashed down the street as fast as his legs could carry him (which was surprisingly fast considering he was on the basketball team).

 

He made through the doors right before the clock struck 2:30 P.M, and he breathed out a sigh of relief. Ten didn't care if the couples were looked over at him with a concerned look on their faces, he just wanted a breather. "Ten! There you are, we need help at the counter!" Kun's voice called out from behind the counter.

 

The Chinese male was frantically restocking the displays while taking customers orders. Ten hastily changed into his work uniform before stepping behind the counter with Kun. "Hello, welcome to Paradise Coffee & Cakes, what would you like to order?" Ten said the usual greeting to the couple standing before him. 

 

"Psst, Ten! There's a 15% discount for Valentine's Day!" Kun whispered to the male, "Oh, and since today is Valentine's Day, there's a 15% discount on your order!" He added quickly with a bright smile on his face.

 

He felt a small frown form on his face when the girl snuggled closer to her boyfriend and said, "Oppa, I want that." And pointed to the strawberry cupcakes in the display case. Her boyfriend kissed her forehead affectionally before ordering a caramel macchiato and a strawberry cupcake for her, and an iced Americano for himself. Admittedly, he was a bit jealous of their cute relationship. 

 

"Of course, your order number is 126. And here is your buzzer!" Ten handed the pair a buzzer decorated with waves and shells before turning to the espresso machine to get started on their order. 

 

 

He waited for Kun, who was texting someone on his phone, to box the cupcakes while he made the coffee. Kun snickered and glanced over at him, he felt like throwing the grande cup he was holding at his snarky expression. "Is there something on my face?!" He said in a harsh, yet hushed voice. 

 

His eyes narrowed at the other when he shook his head frantically. "It's nothing Ten, you look amazing as usual."

 

"Oh, thanks, I guess?" He was genuinely confused with Kun's peppy voice. There was something coming, and he had the feeling that he wouldn't like it.

 

"Ah, and I forgot to mention, manager-hyung said we had to wear these cute little headbands for Valentine's Day. 'Fanservice' I believe he said..." Kun handed him a pair of light pink cat ears with tiny golden bells at the base.

 

He stared down at the pieces of fur with a '-are-you-serious' look on his face. There was no way he was going to wear something like this in a place where his friends visited frequently. Taeyong and Taeil were here earlier that day, he was sure there'd be more people to come afterward. "Oh don't give it that look Ten! Look, I'm wearing puppy ears if it'll make you feel better."

 

Sure enough, Kun was wearing a pair of red floppy dog ears. Except they had no extra accessories like Ten had. Ten grumbled before shoving the headband down on his head. The bells jingled softly as he adjusted it so it was comfortable. "We're really going to serve people, with this on."

 

"Hey, it could be worse, okay?" Kun snickered at Ten's pouty face. He wasn't going to deny the fact that Ten looked really cute while wearing those. His oversized white sweater made his appearance even cuter, at least that's what he thought. 

 

"How can it be worse than this?!" Ten groaned, finishing up the caramel drizzle on the caramel macchiato before setting off the buzzer 126.

 

There was a knowing glint that flashed in Kun's eyes. That was up to something, wasn't he? Ten was about to attack him when he heard someone knock on the counter.

 

, he forgot he was supposed to be working. 

 

Ten quicky walked to the front of the counter and said with a bright smile, "Hello, welcome to Paradise Coffee & Cakes, what would you like to order? We have a 15% off discount because it's Valentine's Day, hooray~!" He playfully touched his cat ears to add to the lovely façade. He hoped the soft jingle of the bells would swoon the heart of the customer into ordering more.

 

"Um, I'd like to have a French Vanilla frap, Americano, and a slice of chocolate cake please." Ten widened his eyes at the voice. He was so busy trying to look cute (it was for the sake of the paycheck, okay) that he forgot to look at the customer. Let alone, hide behind the counters so that he could just stay there until his shift ended. 

 

"A-Ah hi Johnny! I'll get your order right away. Your order number is 127 and here is your buzzer." Ten handed the buzzer to Johnny. Their fingers touched for nearly a second before Johnny pulled away with a hum. "Thanks Ten." He walked and sat down by one of the window seats, pulling out his phone to text someone.

 

As soon as the older male was gone, Ten let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. His cheeks were heating up again, and it wasn't because of the fluorescent lights and the sweater he was wearing. He, Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul, had just taken Johnny Seo's order. In pink cat ears. With bells.

 

It simply couldn't get more embarrassing than that. Ten slumped down the wall, burying his burning face with his sweater paws. "Ten, get up! You've got work to do." Kun smacked the younger one with a broomstick before sweeping away the rest of the dirt off the floor.

 

Ten quickly finished Johnny's order like he had said. He even made sure to make the amount of whipping cream on the frappuccino just right. He already looked embarrassing enough in front of his crush, the least he could do was be the world's best barista for him. 

 

He set off buzzer 127, Johnny appeared at the pickup counter in seconds. "French Vanilla frappuccino, Americano and a slice of chocolate cake? You're gonna have all of that to yourself, dang." Ten bit the inside of his cheek out of nervousness. He felt his hands get extra sweaty as he gave Johnny the drinks and the slice of cake.

 

Johnny shook his head 'no'. A soft red tint blossomed on his handsome face, and Ten couldn't help to feel bitter about the situation. Johnny had a date, didn't he? There was no way that no one would have confessed to Johnny today, and he's probably waiting for that person right now.

 

Johnny leaned in closer and pushed the Americano and cake in Ten's direction. "You know, I was planning on asking you out for a café date but you're working, right?" Ten was speechless at Johnny's sentence. He was going to ask him out on a date?!

 

"Jaehyun and Doyoung DMed me and told me that I should come here since you were here... And Kun over there said that you looked extra cute so I practically rushed over here." He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. Ten caught himself staring at the attractive male in front of him, biting his lips nervously as he averted his gaze.

 

"Y-You wanted to ask m-me out?"

 

"On a date, yeah. Unless you don't want to then that's cool too--"

 

"O-Oh nonono! I would love do have a date with you-- After my shift though--"

 

"Ten you can take your break to elope with Johnny you know!" Kun yelled at the two, laughing joyfully at the scene. "O-Or that too..." He muttered quietly.

 

"Sounds like a plan then." Johnny smiled softly at Ten. With the light shining from the skylights above, he truly looked like a heavenly being in his eyes. He certainly had the looks and the body for it. 

 

Johnny grasped Ten's chin and leaned forward, catching Ten in a daze. Ten's eyes widened as Johnny planted his lips upon his. "Guess I'll see you in a bit then." He went back to that table by the window. His lips tingled, the taste of chocolate lingered on his lips as he smiled to fondly himself. 

 


 

So, I wrote half of this yesterday. And half of this today.
My brain was Lord knows where for both of those days.
This was mostly just Ten being teased about Johnny combined with /last minute writing rip.
So pls excuse any typos/grammatical errors ;-;

So if there's like an awkward break/transition or something, blame it on the fact that I got lazy last night and I didn't finish the chapter and upload it LIkE I pLANnED tO DO.

Regardless, I hope you guys enjoyed this story~ I know it's long past Valentine's day, and Ten's birthday that's beside the point--

Okay, Imma go back to analyzing/crying about Romeo and Juliet.
Long story short, that book/play/torture device has caused me emotional trauma due to work overloads

May you guys have a nice day, and take care of yourselfs~ Peace!

Signing off, Nic.