Dream

Sky Love

     Dream...When I was a kid, just like the other girls, I want to be a princess. Living in my own fairytale. Wanna be a Cinderella. Dancing with my own Prince Charming. Madly in love with each other, get married and live happily ever after in the castle. Ruling our own kingdom. But as I’m growing up, Life is not about fairytale. It’s beyond that. Not all of us can become Cinderella. Mybe we just another side characters that living in our world. The side character with uncertain ending. No ending page.

     At the age of sixteen, Baekhyun told me about his dreams. A dream that never crossed my mind. He want to become a singer. Standing on the stage. Singing infront of millions people. He want to be heard. I smile. He always a good singer to begin with. Baekhyun used to sing me a lullaby before sleep. He will sing whenever I have massive bad days. He sing from his heart. He’s burning with passion. The sound of his lullaby against my ear is enough to lull me to sleep, calm my worst wretched nigmares and heal my pains.

     “Do you have any spesific reason to be a singer instead of being heard?” I asked him.

Baekhyun smile. He look at me for a while then stared at the sunset. “ For now, I don’t think I have any spesific reason yet but the only thing that I know I want to heals people with my voice. I want my voice and my songs become the song of other people life. Accompanying them along the journey of their life. I want them to listen to my songs during their happiest and saddest moments. Haneul, for me... life is a song. Play it. “

     I’m speechless. The sixteen years old Byun Baekhyun was so mature to me. “well..” I laughed a litte. “ You know what? That is spesific. You have such a big dream B. You always sing for me. Remember? With your honey voices, I’m sure you can be a great singer. Everyone gonna love you. You can even play Piano. That’s perfect B.” I said.

     “Thanks. You can be a singer too to be honest.” He patted my head.

     “ You gotta be kidding me” Me? A singer? Hell.. impossible.

     “I’m not kidding. You a great singer too. Stop looking down at yourself. You can play the guitar. We even sing together before.” I can sense that he really meant it.

     “Really?Hmm... so..when are we going to audition, Mr Dreamer.” I said with a playful tone.

     “ Soon Haneul. Soon.” I can feel his determination.

     As the sky became darker, we left our hideout. Just like that, we become a dreamer. When we almost reached our home, I stopped him from walking. He raised his eyebrow. Wondering why I stopped him.

     I stare at his eyes. “Baekhyun, I really hope our dreams to be a singer become reality. Both of us especially you, should never stop. Never stop fighting. Never stop reaching, seeking and never stop dreaming and don’t be afraid to show the world who you really are. Let the world hear you. Don’t be scared of in declaring the songs that you love and the songs that you want to make. For myself, for a long time..mybe I feel inauthentic or something. I feel like my voice wasn’t worth hearing but i think your voice is worth hearing. So if you really want to singer and to be heard. Go for it. I will rooting for you.”

Without I realised. He hugged me. “ Thank you.”