[2/3]

The fanfic writer next door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


"Hey look ~ if it isn't my jackass of a best friend Kim Taehyung making his red carpet stroll here like he isn't 2 hours late,"

A pastel pink haired boy pouts with a tap of his feet imaptiently on the ground as Taehyung cackles at the sight. No matter how mad Jimin tries to act he'll never be able to look intimidating with them cute mochi cheeks. 

"Hey , not sorry I'm late,"

"What happened to coming early and helping Jin and I set up? It's Joonie's birthday today and you still couldn't come on time oh my god," Jimin clicks his tongue with a roll of his eyes playfully. Taehyung doubles over.

" puh-lease, you only came early because Yoongi was going to be here as well," Taehyung raises his eyebrows with a challenging smirk as Jimin goes mum.

"If anything I did ya a great favor," The taller wriggles his eyebrows suggestively before Jimin was lunging his way, playfully smacking and and tackling him to keep his mouth shut.

 

It's a Saturday night and many people have gathered to celebrate a certain tall male's 23rd birthday. Although truth be told, it isn't an unusual thing for Taehyung to come late to any event be it classes or parties, but for today his excuse would be that he had actually handed in his assignment on time- I repeat - on time before he was dashing out the house with a bit of eyeliner his eyes to accentuate his features and a decent outfit to woo some onlookers. But yeah the bottom line was, Kim Taehyung was physically made to run late while still being able to look like a god nonetheless.

Thankfully at least for tonight he had arrived when people weren't off their heads drunk because that would've been annoying to be the only sober one talking to a bunch of drunken and incoherent weirdos. Kills the vibe you know ?

Taehyung grabs his first shot of Hennessy for the night before he was maneuvering through the crowd of people towards mister popular Namjoon to congratulate him on his birthday.

"Namjoon! Happy birhday!" Taehyung calls out as he swerves beside the elder and offers his shot glass up for a cheers. 

"Oh hey, thanks Taehyung. You actually came, Jimin was looking for you be-"

"Of course I would, I said I was coming so here I am. Just because I'm bad at arriving on time doesn't mean I'm bad at keeping promises," Both Taehyung and Namjoon laugh as they clanked their shot glasses together and skulled down the burning liquid. The alcohol tingles from the inside as Taehyung stays to talk with the elder for a bit more before going back for his next drink.

Taehyung would dare say that he wouldn't deem himself a party animal or crazy social butterfly because yeah on his days off he would rather occupy himself with a good book (fanfic) or a good romantic (disney) movie. However going out, partying with your friends, letting the booming music pulse against your own heartbeat and the adrenaline of the alcohol buzz inside of your body is somewhat fun sometimes. A change of things is always exciting.

And although Taehyung would only comfortably hang out with his small circle of friends (this includes Jimin and Hoseok) he has actually got really good people skills that allows him to talk to strangers at parties easily. Be it girls or guys there's always something that he can talk about in a conversation and you can say in a way that was his charming point.

 

 

It's after a few pure shots with his friends, loud over the top karoake with Jimin that Taehyung decides to go outside for a bit of a breather.

It's when he steps out, greeted by the calming night sky and fresh air that Taehyung realises how intoxicated it was inside, filled with the strong smell of alcohol, a few people smoking pot in the corner of the back kitchen and a few couples hooking up in the bathrooms here and there.

Taehyung would be lying if he said the excitement wasn't buzzing inside of him. But the fresh air and starless night sky was relaxing. It was good for the heart and Taehyung actually didn't mind sitting outside with a cold beer and some snacks to enjoy for a couple of minutes by himself.

However the calm solitary silence doesn't last very long when a certain stranger decides to make their presence known by settling beside him.

"No Stars here tonight as well hmm?"

Okay so 'mister not so stranger kind of hot boy' chuckles as Taehyung spins around to come face to face with a very familiar face that he admits, he likes seeing more often than not these past few days.

Taehyung lets out a confused yet soft smile as the boy in front of him rolls back and forth on the balls of his feet with an expectant smirk.

"Jungkook? Wow what are you doing here?"

The younger shrugs as he lefts his red cup that's filled with a mixture of god knew what horrid alcoholic substances. Taehyung scrunches his nose up unconsciously.

"Should be asking you that - why would you be out here gazing out stars when there's a whole party going on in there?" Jungkook flicks his head back towards the inside of the house where the loud music could be heard and the intoxication of the alcohol could be smelt.

"Well is it bad that I want some fresh air? Coz apparently drunk people don't know how bad they smell - the alcohol, sweat and disgusting body odors mingling and mixing in the atmosphere with tens of other people- yeah I'm a bit too sober for this." Taehyung rolls his eyes back with a gargle and this causes the two of them to burst out in heavy laughter.

Jungkook agrees while taking another gulp of his questionable drink.

"Well maybe we can fix it." he lowers his cup once done and Taehyung catches a sly smirk pan across those pretty lips. Taehyung wonders why it takes him harder than usual to tear his eyes away from those set of soft flesh. 

"You know we can grab some drinks together - get smashed and then haul each other home since we live next to each other anyways," Jungkook suggest as he nudges his red cup towards Taehyung whom could only chuckle softly. The invitation was kind of nice and Jungkook did have a decent proposition.

With a purse of his lips Taehyung hums.

"Why do I have a feeling we'll be sleeping on the streets tonight?"

Jungkook only laughs with a nod as Taehyung willingly takes a zip of the burning yet weirdly tropical taste of the substance. It wasn't exactly pleasant but he guessed it was worth the buzz.

"At least you won't be sleeping on the streets alone,"

 

 

 

 

One thing leads to another, Taehyung remembers Jungkook taking him effortlessly by the wrist back inside the hectic mess of a party as they make their way towards the fountain of tropical jungle juice (it as sweet as it sounds Taehyung was pretty sure it was 90% alcohol and 10% sanity).

He remembers Jungkook laughing, urging him on and Taehyung couldn't help but laugh when the younger nearly tripped over a passed out body by the kitchen counter.

Feeling a bit more tipsy, they stick close by eachother, joining into drinking games like beer pong (except it was whiskey and scotch in those damn red cups instead of beer). While people were picking out the teams, Taehyung remembers how Jungkook was huddling beside him and Hoseok decides they might as well be put together.

Now not meaning to brag but Taehyung is usually good at these kind of games so Jungkook was thoroughly surprised when he got 9 out of 10 of his shots in almost a bit too perfectly.

Jungkook wasn't bad himself so they were quick to smash the opposing team who was now too drunk to even complain.

Taehyung remembers throwing the last shot at the furthest cup from the table and making it in. He remembers Jungkook triumphantly screaming his name as the younger threw himself at Taehyung, engulfing him into a tight hard hug before Taehyung feels his body being lifted off the ground.

"Wow Jungkook stop-" Taehyung squeals. Their touches and warm breaths lingering against each other's skin.

"Yeah that's my baby!! We slayed them so hard!! " Jungkook laughs, spinning Taehyung around as if he weighed nothing and Taehyung sure as hell remembered blushing at the little nickname.

Although he knows that Jungkook was probably drunk and had meant nothing by those words, Taehyung for some reason just couldn't forget the way his heart had clenched tightly like it was being squished together by heavy bags of rocks. Maybe was he still a bit sober after all.

But that was proven wrong with each game they continued to play alongside together.

The rest of the night soon became a blur, what Taehyung did, what he said or what he even drank was a complete blank.

However his memory decides to keep bits and pieces of Jungkook within his memory. The younger's laughter, their occasional touches against each other's hand and how they carried each other home drunk, tired and giddy. It was as if no one else existed and it was only Jungkook that mattered.

 


The last thing Taehyung remembers was crashing against a super comfy and warm bed as he knocked out hard and cold.

 

 

 

 

 


Warm, sweet.... human - Taehyung jerks awake as his eyes come face to face with a sleeping human beside him.

It takes a full minute for him to process who it was, laying beside him with their large protective arm over his waist holding him close.

"H-H-Hey what the-EEEK," Taehyung squeals as the human groans in his sleep and decides to embrace Taehyung even closer, as if he was some kind of puppy or body pillow.

"J-Jungkook-" Taehyung calls out but his voice was muffled by the hard chest of the younger who was now stirring in his sleep. 
Taehyung tries to calm down and remember exactly how they got here in... wait whose bed are they in and where are they? 

"What..." Jungkook wakes up as Taehyung ignores the tight grip the younger still had possessively over him and how low the younger's voice just dropped upon waking up.

"Ummm Jungkook...?" Taehyung asks again as the younger soon notices another human's presence within his arms. Finally, Jungkook quickly releases Taehyung so that his head could pop up into view and that's when Taehyung could breathe again. He thought he was gonna die suffocated against Jungkook's lovely chest. But let's face it, that wouldn't be a bad way to die actually.

"Ah - Tae- g'morning," Jungkook curses as his face scrunches up. Taehyung ignores how casual Jungkook was about the fact that they're basically cuddling in bed. And he ignores the negative little demon that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter