[1/3]

The fanfic writer next door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: OKAY wow i did not forget about this story -it's just that I've gottan the biggest writers block half way whilst trying to complete this so I decided to split it up.But it's finally here so do not fear hehe Hope you guys enjoy this~ Peace \./

 

 

☽—⁕~◆◈◆~⁕—☾

 

 

 

Meet 22 year old Kim Taehyung, currently rolled up in his blanket like a mini burrito, cuddling himself whilst emptying yet another box of tissues. He sniffles once and then twice before he is ugly crying into the disgustingly wet tissue with his nose is all runny and drippy.

If you are wondering why a full grown adult is currently weeping like a drowning chicken, well Kim Taehyung is just drowning in his own feels after finishing yet another tragically beautiful fanfic.

Yes, Kim Taehyung is an avid fanfic reader. But not just any fanfic reader of course, I'm sure people don't just spend their time reading random fanfics of random fandoms about random ships and pairings that they aren't familiar with, right?

So yes, in fact Kim Taehyung have just finished yet another Yoonmin fanfic, one of his most favourite pairing of all homo otp ships out there but maybe he just really likes the way this author writes-so intricately and so passionately. (No not really, he just really loves this mini duo okay)

At times like this, he really really really wishes that the author was someone he knew-or even better, someone who lived right next door to him so that he could just jump over the fence and knock on the wooden door to bombard said author with all his feels and love for their stories. (Perhaps even sock their face for hurting him with all these angst feels but that's besides the point)

Totally just wishful thinking and not weird at all.

Taehyung sighs as he kicks the now empty box of tissue away before collapsing back down onto the floor with his laptop slammed closed because he still can't believe he had finished reading yet another master piece. What if one day he were to run out of fics to read- oh the horror. 

At times like this though, he also wishes he is able to write just as beautifully as his favourite author, Milk&Kookie.

HOHOHO Believe it or not, he's also a Yoonmin fanfic writer himself, but rather than the dramatic slice of life, bitter sweet kind of writing-he writes y as and full of beautiful () Yoonmin . Because well, why not.

His readers seems to enjoy it and he most definitely enjoys writing it as well so he's not really complaining. Just feeling somewhat inadequate as a writer himself because he literally just writes about his ual fantasies whereas other talented writers bring stories and characters to life using mind-blowing poetic devices that personifies human emotion and likens it to th-

Yeah, you get the gist.

Getting back to my point, how cool would it seriously be if his favourite author lived in the same country as him! What if said author was someone he knew and lived next door!

Tough luck on that though because one, Taehyung lives in a college dorm, and two, he knows jack about the author besides from their username and talented writing. And lastly, it's just too far fetched and impossible.
It was like finding a needle in a haystack-Kim Taehyung, you can just keep dreaming and continue to write about your gay fanfics until the light of dawn young fella.

 

 

 

 


Now skip forward two weeks later and we have Kim Taehyung scrambling down the set of stairs of his dorm with a piece of half burnt toast wedged in his mouth-bed hair sticking in all the wrong angles that defy gravity and his round Einstein glasses slip wonkily up and down his nose bridge.

All in all, it was a messy sight and Taehyung's appearance could've seen better days.

But when you're running late for class, picking out a clean fancy sweater could mean a next fail on your assignment. (Especially when attendance for classes count and Taehyung's tardiness has been on top of it's game).

So no, Taehyung wasn't going to risk yet another close call.



The boy basically flies down the set of stairs, but in his flight, he ungracefully knocks into the human who is casually walking in the opposite direction up the stairs, carrying multiple boxes in their arms. Such a typical Taehyung-thing to do: wreck havoc so early in the morning by accident.

Taehyung groans at the impact of collision.

He was sure as heck that Satan had finally come to drag his sinful down to hell so that all the gay fanfics he had written can burn in the pits of the underworld-by that, he meant that he was going to fall to his death and hit his face flat first onto the not-so-soft ground. Perhaps even breaking his beautifully carved nose or two-

However, what tumbles down the set of stairs instead are the boxes in said random's arms and Taehyung finds himself in the embrace the handsome man instead. 

He swallows hard and tries not to gawk for too long but it was hard when mister hottie was strong enough to hold you up with one arm and god did Taehyung mention that this boy smells like heaven and looked as fine as a ripe apple(?)-Oh hello there Mister Adam. 

"Wow, dude careful. Could've hurt yourself there,"

The boy breathes out as he loosens his hold around Taehyung's waist, helping him get back onto his two feet before the two are awkwardly smoothing down their clothes.

Taehyung stutters.

"Uh-I'm so sorry and Thank you-I was running late. I'll still help you pick up your stuff and and-"

Taehyung mentally screams pathetically inside of his head as he quickly wipes away all the little bread crumbs still scattered across his mouth from the long lost half eaten toast- gross. He was about to scurry down the couple of steps to fix the boxes for the stranger but he feels a hot palm press against his arm instead. 

Taehyung flicks his head around like a deer caught in headlights. 

Said mister hottie, chuckles at the sight, little wrinkles form under his eyes as he flashes a cute bunny sweet kind of smile. And boy did Taehyung feel like his jaw was dropped from a 50 feet high building landing to rock bottom.

"It's okay, go run off to class or you'll be even more late Harry Potter-sshi. I can carry those myself."

It takes a while for Taehyung to process the stranger's voice-he isn't sure if he should feel insulted or embarrassed or pleased because did sir hottie buns just give him a nick name like-

"HOLY FLYING POTATOES AND CUTE CACTUS! I'M SERIOUSLY SO LATE-"

Like an instant alarm going haywire inside of Taehyung's head, he flicks his head down to check his watch and physically feels the force of the heavens working against him. Mister hottie or not, he was not going to risk messing up his already poor attendance for this class. 

"I'm so sorry-uh-thank you once again but I really have to go-Bye!"

Without any second thoughts, Taehyung bolts like lightening and he soon disappears, leaving a somewhat bewildered stranger behind chuckling to themselves.

"Well, nice to meet you too, cute neighbor,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Imagine this: a few nights later Taehyung is sprawled over his coffee table with stacks of unfinished assignments and multiple empty packets of potato chips laid scattering around him like a mini castle.

The boy is dead tired and sick of correcting and rereading his assignments-he feels as if his eyes are going to burn out of his sockets with the next spelling mistake that he sees. Taehyung may be lazy and a professional procrastinator at times but he was a perfectionist when it came to his work believe it or not (sometimes).

After a solid 15 minutes of drowning in his own pitiful sorrow and procrastination-Taehyung finally screams ' it' so loud with so much passion that he wonders if the next door kids heard him. The new first year residents were supposed to be moving in soon or something. Not like Taehyung has left his room these past few days to interact with anyone new (besides from barely making on time for classes every morning). 

Shrugging and literally not giving a though, Taehyung groans before heading towards the door to go outside for some fresh air.

At times like this though, he really wished he was back at home in a more isolated town where the stars shone bright and the moon proudly appeared every night no matter it's shape or size.

Here in the bustling city of Seoul and the never ending night life, the stars were as scarce as the probability of Taehyung finishing his assignments on time. Which is pretty ing rare if you hadn't noticed by now. 

"Can't see jack here,"

Taehyung mumbles under his breath as he kicks the few wandering rocks laying conveniently in front of him with the tip of his overly large slippers. He slouches with a pout on his lips. 

"Mhmm not much in the sky tonight is there?"

A voice sudden perks up from behind him and Taehyung nearly jumps out of his skin and probably would've fallen to his death once again from the third floor if it wasn't for the railing in front of him.

Like a reflex Taehyung flips his head around to meet eyes with said owner of the voice and he quickly pieces two and two together when he sees the familiar doe eyes of mister hottie in nothing but an oversized white tee and baggy basketball shorts.

"Y-You-h-how"

Taehyung doesn't know why he's stuttering and pointing like an idiot but he is and said mister hottie is now laughing at him.

"I was in the middle of reading one of my books for my literature class but then a loud ' itttttt' exploded from presumably next door and I was distracted."

Taehyung goes beetroot red as the puzzle pieces now form a larger picture- an image of him in nothing but mismatched Simpsons pjs and ugly slippers that he stole from his grandma by accident. Well not really, they're comfy BUT BESIDES THE POINT- basically Taehyung looked like disastrous Frankenstein fresh out of an exploded lab. Additional note; bed hair from frustrated hair-pulling present.

"Assignments right? Especially when midterms are just around the corner hmm?"

Said stranger bellows again in seeing Taehyung's lips opening and closing again with darting eyes in embarrassment. 

"B-But- I'm sorry but-How'd you-"

To be honest it was a stupid question to ask because OBVIOUSLY mister hottie must've been next door to hearh his ugly whale sobs and angry screams of profanities. If not then they wouldn't be here laughing at him like this.

The very good looking stranger chuckles as he re-postures himself, extending out his hand in a very polite and gentlemanly manner before clearing his voice. 

"Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook. Uh I forgot to introduce myself to you a few days ago. "

Taehyung reminds himself not to pull out another embarrassing moment of awkwardness so he automatically reaches his hands out to shake it without any further stuttering. 

He is still utterly confused. 

"Uh-"

"I'm your new neighbor by the way. Your new flat/dorm mate or what ever you wanna call me,"

Mister hottie, by the name of Jungkook adds as Taehyung's eyes dilate before glancing back to see that indeed the door that Jungkook probably came from was from the one next to his own.

That's when Taehyung suddenly remembered. That's right, the new first years. He was told a month prior from Seokjin, who was a 3rd year senior and the building's flat manager that some first years were moving into the 2nd year's apartment complex.

Taehyung completely forgot about it and didn't even introduce and welcome the younger properly when he had presumably started moving in. And great, didn't that mean that he had practically embarrassed himself on their very first meeting that morning when he was running late to class looking like a distressed mother hen-

"Oh snizzles! I completely forgot about your arrival! Ha..ha I'm Kim Taehyung, 2nd year, your next door neighbor! Nice to meet you,"

Taehyung gleams this time as he clutches onto Jungkook's hand with more enthusiasm. The past can stay in the past. It should never be called upon again, Taehyung nods to himself before putting on the most prettiest smile he could conjure. 

"Oh Taehyung-sshi, if you hadn't introduced yourself earlier I would've just continued calling you the Korean Harry Potter to be honest. To bad you aren't wearing them cute nerdy specs again today,"

The younger teasingly shrugs with a friendly smile as Taehyung finds himself pouting in disapproval.

"I don't hate Harry Potter or anything but the tone you used just now is making me think twice,"

"Oh? I didn't really mean any offence really,"

"Yeah right sport jock, do you have something against nerds?"

Taehyung knows the younger didn't mean any harm, but it was just in Taehyung's nature to pull some strings and muck around to gauge out reactions from other people. It was cheeky way of making friends to be honest.

Luckily Jungkook is happy to play along as he tries muffling his laughter.

"Nice guess, but I'm actually a literature major- Like I mentioned before, I was in the middle of going over some class notes until I heard you groan out like a dying elephant-"

"Hey hey now, we only just met and you're already likening me to a dying elephant? How would you even know how one sounds like-"

"Oh actually you'll be surprised because I always end up on the weird side of the internet once in a while and-"

Unexpectedly, Taehyung finds himself bursting out in laughter, clutching onto his constricting stomach as he wheezes out loud roars of 'haha's, catching Jungkook offguard but the younger finds himself grinning along as well.

 


And that is how Taehyung and Jungkook begin to learn how to be comfortable around one another knowing that either is the type that take jokes seriously. If anything, Taehyung is somewhat glad that mister hottie turned out to be a great guy whom he might be actually be able to vibe with. Maybe being neighbors with said male wouldn't be so bad.

Thank god Taehyung didn't have to put up with bratty youngsters who would party all night and bring all their friends and girlfriends over- he wouldn't be able to sleep for days. 

So yeah, Jungkook seems fun, unlike Taehyung's previous flat neighbor: Yoongi. 


Yoongi would probably kill him if he heard this but it was truthfully borin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter