Fearless

Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The preparations for Chanyeol’s comeback to the industry went in full swing after the contract was signed. Although he was allowed to work from home at his home studio, he has to drop by every other day to go through his progress with the other producers who had been assigned to assist him. As they’d agreed when he signed his new contract, he would be active under his birth name, Park Chanyeol, this time. It was the rebirth of Loey, a goodbye to his past and a comeback as an artiste just as Chanyeol had wanted it to be. Of course, Corgi Boy had been the most excited after he started using Instagram again. He sometimes even left comments a few times per day, causing Chanyeol to erupt into laughters over his antics.



Chanyeol’s comeback was going to be a mini album consisting of a few of his self-composed tracks from over the three years, plus a new track which he was in the midst of writing as his title track. The other producers who were helping him finetune his works had been a delight to work with, unlike any of Chanyeol’s previous experiences three years ago. Nobody really respected him as a writer and composer at his old agency. It was as if idols were doomed to only look good and prance around stage. It didn’t take long before the final track was recorded and mastered. His mini album was coming to fruition.





Loey’s Spring dropped just two weeks before spring was officially over, barely making it in time. Chanyeol stayed behind at the company with Junmyeon and his producers to throw a mini party after watching the MV together. The response was lukewarm with most of the comments wondering who Park Chanyeol or Loey was, but he was okay with it. Junmyeon had told him that the new generation fans most likely wouldn’t recognize him since the wave of rookies had been debuting too fast for anyone to catch up. He would be promoting on only Music Bank since the other music shows had declined him, but he was fine with that too. He still had guest appearances on radio shows lined up and a fan meeting. After all, he messed up big time at the peak of his career three years ago. He’d have to climb back up to prove his worth.





Loey’s Spring did not manage to achieve the top spot in any of the music charts, but Junmyeon was proud of Chanyeol nonetheless. They worked tirelessly accepting any guesting requests even at last minute’s notice and Chanyeol even entertained questions revolving his high profile retirement from the industry three years ago and his marital status. Within a week some of the hate comments came back and even Chanyeol was surprised by how his ex-fans were still as immature as ever, but he brushed off the negativity with a shrug. Someone had to be the bigger person. He could be that person.

It was the night before Chanyeol’s first fan meeting that he met Junmyeon’s husband. His manager practically dragged him out of bed and shoved him into his car before driving despite Chanyeol’s protests.
“I’m tired, where are we going?”
“To get you a health check up. Your body isn’t used to being overworked. Have you seen how pale your face is?”
Chanyeol’s hand flew to his cheeks which were admittedly rather void of body warmth. “I’ll be fine after some rest.”
“You’ll be fine after Yixing says you’re fine.”
“Who’s Yixing?”
“My husband.”

Yixing was the type of doctor to smile as he injects patients and the giant squirmed in his seat with uncertainty as his large eyes stared frantically at Junmyeon for help. The prickling cold left his skin soon after and when he turned back, Yixing was still smiling at him as he pasted a plaster over his puncture wound.
“All fixed up! You need lots of rest, Chanyeollie.”
“Uh… sure, Doctor Yixing.” Chanyeol didn’t know how to feel about that nickname which the doctor had so swiftly adopted.
“Please, you’re Junmyeon’s friend, so you’re my friend too. Just call me Yixing!” The doctor’s smile widened and for the first time, Chanyeol actually feared for his life.
“Sure, uhm… Yixing. So, I’ll be fine for tomorrow’s fan meeting, right?”
“Yeap!” the doctor turned to his computer to key in some details. “You need some vitamins and plenty of rest! Drink more fluids too.”
“Yixing, are you sure?” Junmyeon finally spoke. “His cheeks are pale and his body feels cold.”
“That’s because you dragged him out of his house in his pajamas, my dear.” Yixing clicked his tongue. “Let the poor man rest. He needs plenty of it.”
Junmyeon only flushed red with embarrassment as he realized belatedly that Chanyeol was in nothing but a thin shirt and trackpants, with bedroom slippers to boot.

Yixing allowed them to leave after he checked up on the giant a few hours later and Junmyeon couldn’t be more thankful as he whisked the singer off to the nearest salon to get his hair and makeup done while the manager left to pick up his outfit for the fan meeting. The entire experience of sitting still while people worked on him was still rather foreign to Chanyeol, who fiddled with his fingers and fidgeted so often that the stylist noona had to order him to sit still like a mom scolding her son, but Junmyeon eventually came back and his presence alone relieved the bundle of nerves in Chanyeol just enough for him to get through the whole ordeal.

But maybe not enough for Chanyeol who had to try his best to calm his beating heart as he stood behind the backdrop of the makeshift stage where his fan meeting was supposed to be held in the middle of Hongdae. There were some shouting and chanting outside, but the voices were too muffled for Chanyeol to make out what they were chanting. Junmyeon was fretting around him, dabbing his forehead with tissue and complaining about his excessive perspiration while fixing his shirt over and over when an assistant ran up to them.
“Standby in 1 minute!” Junmyeon nodded his head in acknowledgement and Chanyeol gulped visibly.
“Loey’s Spring is an album that comprises of…” A distant voice up the stage was doing her job of hyping up the crowd and Chanyeol tightened his grip around his guitar.
“I’ll do well, right?”
“You can do this, Chanyeol. We worked so hard for this.” Junmyeon planted both hands on his shoulders and beamed proudly at him. “Go show them how Loey has been rebirthed.”
“Let’s welcome Park Chanyeol with his title track, Loey’s Spring!” the female voice shouted with much enthusiasm and there were more shouting and cheering heard as Junmyeon pushed the giant out.

The crowd was nothing like what it sounded from backstage, but it was still a decent, sizeable crowd, and Chanyeol was content as he settled in the chair provided for him and strummed the opening notes to his song with his eyes closed.

In my hazy dream I dreamt of a paradise
It was sweet and where you stood was a dazzling light
My fluttering heart walked towards you
With the wind ruffling up my hair
I look a little silly
A little stupid
But isn’t that how we all grow?

After going through the ups and downs
After going through the twisted rounds
My fluttering heart had steeled
And I as I walk step by step towards you
I pray in my heart
Please just give me a chance

They say spring is the season for love
And spring is the season of rebirth
I use your love as my fuel
And in exchange
Will you accept my rebirth?
As I hold my hand outstretched towards you
And whisper hello
Will you accept my rebirth?

Like walking on clouds
We could walk towards paradise together
Hand in hand
Like magic
We could welcome spring together
Just like the rebirth of Loey

When Chanyeol opened his eyes again, a slightly bigger crowd had formed as curious passersby joined them and his lips twitched upwards into a wide grin when he finally spotted that familiar face gobsmack in the middle of the crowd with the largest, shiniest, and most obnoxious fan board he had ever seen with twinkling LED lights and huge red hearts plastered all over it.
“I’ll hold your hand, Park Chanyeol! We can walk towards paradise together anytime!” Corgi Boy jumped up and down excitedly while waving his board around, completely ignoring the weird stares he was receiving. Chanyeol thinks he might have developed a soft spot for this particular fan of his.

A table was carried out and his guitar taken away so Chanyeol could sign and shake hands with his fans. There were people who purchased his mini album on the spot and joined the queue for his autograph and he couldn’t be more grateful for the chances he had been bestowed. He received a few flower crowns and soft toys and for once, he actually had the time to greet each individual fan properly and hold short conversations with them unlike how he used to rush through fan meetings due to the overwhelming amount of fans. His smile automatically widened when he caught sight of the overbearingly huge fan board making its way up the stage, realizing that the board could very well cover Corgi Boy whole.

“That’s a very beautiful board, but how do you see what’s in front?” Corgi Boy looked like he was about to pass out when he saw Chanyeol’s teasing smirk up close.
“Well… Aren’t you going to catch me if I fall? And even if you don’t, won’t the fluffy clouds catch me?” Chanyeol burst out laughing when he realized Corgi Boy had referenced his song.
“Of course I’ll have to catch you, Mongryong would be very upset if his owner fell and got injured.”
“Mongryong would be… oh my God, you know Mongryongie?!” Corgi Boy slammed his board on the table a tad agitatedly and the security guards looked like they were about going to step in any moment.
Chanyeol only chuckled before slowly easing the album that was also in Corgi Boy’s hand - and the latter shuddered when a jolt of electricity ran through where Chanyeol touched his hand - and picking up his marker. “What’s your name?”
“Can you write ‘To my number one fan Baekhyunnie’ and draw hearts around it?” Corgi Boy - or now known as Baekhyun - leaned in closer and pointed at where he wanted Chanyeol to write.
The giant hummed in response as he did exactly what he was told, with an extra long message for him before signing off. “Thank you for showing me so much love and support, Baekhyun. I really needed it.” He beamed as he handed the album back and his sight never once left Baekhyun even as he got ushered offstage.

To my number one fan Baekhyunnie, you showed me unwavering love when the world was against me and I know how you’d fight anyone for me if they ever tried to hurt me. I’m really touched, but please take care of yourself too, all right? I wouldn’t know what to do if my number one fan falls (though I assure you the fluffy clouds and I will be there for you). With love, Chanyeol.





After the somewhat success of his first fan meeting, Junmyeon r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter