.oo8

Being Small
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEEP BEEP BEEP 

Baekhyun groaned. 

The blare of his alarm startled him from a surprisingly deep sleep. His arms flailed trying to find the offending sound and shut it off. But his phone managed to evade his hand's blind attempts to silence it. Another groan pulled itself past his lips as his stomach shot sharp pain through his torso following a loud growl. 

“Ow,” he grumbled. His hands fumbled to force himself to a sitting position, and one of them wound up resting against his stomach. Did I forget to eat last night?

He blinked,” Impossible.” Rubbing his forehead confused by the entire idea that he would’ve forgotten to eat.  

BEEP BEEP BEEP

“Oh for s sake!” The hunger pains that shot through him followed by the grating sound of his alarm finally stoked a new irritation in him. His eyes burst open with new clarity and he shot up. The anger bubbling beneath his skin allowed him to finally catch sight of the damned annoying phone. His fingers quickly got to work turning the alarm off before he sighed finally being greeted by silence. 

His shoulders relaxed as he dropped the phone back onto his bed and whirled around fully intent on getting a nice fresh omelet in his empty gut. But was stopped in his tracks by a small sound. It almost sounded human. 

“Ugh,” A tiny feminine voice groaned, “You’re so obnoxious in the morning.” 

Why did that sound like…Shinae?

Baekhyun turned his head slowly and then his entire body to follow where the small voice had come from. His eyes finally found the ratty orange scarf that lay upon his nightstand. Shinae’s phone sitting next to it and Shinae herself sitting up. Her tiny hands buried into her messy hair, her puffy eyes blearily trying to focus on him, tiny brows furrowed from annoyance. Baekhyun felt his hollow gut drop straight through his body and land on the floor beneath him.

It wasn’t a nightmare. It wasn’t a horribly realistic dream. Shinae was actually small. Shinae was in his bedroom asleep on his nightstand. Shinae was in his room. Shinae was in his apartment. Heat seeped through his entire body and he felt suddenly ill. This was real. Last night was real. 

She blinked up at him her gaze seeming to clear, “What?” 

Baekhyun blinked, flabbergasted. Did she really just ask that?

“A-are you serious?” He struggled to keep his words steady. Somehow her simple acceptance of the odd and unrealistic situation was needling its way under his skin. This is not how he wanted to start his day. She’s the last person he wanted to see so early and to top it off she was already pissing him off.

She looked around her brows furrowed once more before looking back at him, “What?” 

“Shinae!” His hands shot up burying themselves in his head. Further destroying his already messy hair. “Are you serious?!?! Are you not realizing you are ING small!?!” 

She blinked again. More slowly this time. He watched in seething silence as she seemed to realize what he was freaked out about. 

“Oh sorry,” she blinked quickly then her eyes blew wide open, her hands shooting up in a mock attempt to copy his own frazzled state. “I’m small!?!? How did this happen!?!” Her tone was dripping in sarcasm as she faked shouting in disbelief.

Baekhyun felt his temper struggling to contain itself. How could she be so damn annoying this early in the morning?  He turned away from her fully set on getting food in his stomach and also set on completely ignoring her. 

“Baekhyun-wa-”

“What!?” Baekhyun whipped around shooting a seething glance in her direction still finding it unsettling how small she was compared to him. She seemed to feel the same as she flinched back slightly at the harsh tone he used. He felt slightly bad for raising his voice, but only slightly.

Her gaze dropped before raising to meet his again, “Sorry I just don’t know how else I’m supposed to handle this situation.” She rubbed her bare arms as though trying to calm minuscule goosebumps he could not see. He felt himself relax. 

“Plus, it wasn’t like I could forget how small I am when your snoring sounded like a lawnmower destroying a city all night.” 

Baekhyun felt any semblance of pity he felt for her vanish with the snarky comment. “I do not snore!” 

“I mean, keep telling yourself that but I don’t know if I can continue to sleep here if you keep on like that all night long.” The corners of her lips lifted slightly into a smirk. Baekhyun’s fist clenched and unclenched as he closed his eyes trying to calm himself.

“I’m going to eat,” He whipped around, calling after himself, “Don’t you dare move!”

He could’ve sworn he heard her small voice mumble something in response but he managed to get away before hearing it. He doubted it was something of any importance. The girl was a ing nuisance hellbent on making him angry before his day even started. He’d be glad to be rid of her if only she could go back to normal already. He stormed into the kitchen. The sizzle of bacon and smell of grease and eggs sifted through the living room and his mouth immediately watered. Another loud growl was elicited from his hollow gut and he heard the soft chuckle of Junmyeon from the kitchen.

“Damn, you sound like you haven’t eaten in ages.”

“I feel like I haven’t eaten in ages,” Baekhyun grumbled making his way to the clean dishes to set a plate up for himself. Junmyeon hummed to himself as he finished the last of the bacon and promptly set it on to Baekhyun’s awaiting plate.

“You’re usually the first one up for breakfast,” Junmyeon states matter of factly as he begins to tidy up a bit. He’s already dressed for school. His uniform wrinkle-free, his hair styled to perfection, and his strong cologne competed with the smell of delicious food. “Did last night really take that much out of you?”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun grunted his eyes closed as he savored the delicious breakfast.

“I guess tolerating your mortal enemy can be pretty hard, huh?” Junmyeon put air quotes around the word mortal as though it was something silly. He had no clue how deep the hatred between him and Shinae ran and even now had no clue how horribly last night had gone. But Junmyeon smirked, delighted with his little joke.

“You have no idea,” Baekhyun said under his breath.

Junymeon had no idea that Shinae was about 3 inches tall and resting on Baekhyun’s nightstand chilling in a rag held together by hair bands. And with any luck would never have to find out because Baekhyun hoped to God Shinae would return to normal, and soon. Also, he hoped with all his might she would finally leave his life for good after this whole show. 

Junmyeon hummed to himself as he continued to wash the dishes, unaware of Baekhyun's dark thoughts. Moments passed as Baekhyun finished off his plate and Chanyeol and Sehun stumbled out of their rooms fully dressed as well. Chanyeol shot a wide-eyed look in Baekhyun’s direction, “Why aren’t you dressed? We have to be at school in like ten minutes!”

The shock sent itself sizzling through Baekhyun’s body and he shot up out of the chair, “What!?”

Sehun laughed, his broad shoulders shaking,” You realize it’s 6:40, right?”

Baekhyun quickly ran out of the kitchen and into his room, ripping his shirt off and tossing it onto his nightstand with no regard for whether or not Shinae was still there. He was in a rush and refused to be late on their third day of classes so to be frank-he genuinely did not care. He ripped through his neatly organized closet grabbing a fresh uniform and slipping it on in record time. He straightened his coat and tie and whipped around to see Shinae staring at him. Her hair now was standing on edge more so than before and he found himself having to bite his bottom lip to stifle a laugh. She looked ridiculous. 

“You know, I don’t really think it’s nice to toss clothes onto guests,” she crossed her arms over her chest. And made it a point to glare at him in disapproval.

“I’m sorry,” Baekhyun started sincerely,” But I genuinely don’t think I care about an unwelcome guest when I’m running late for school.”

Her eyes widened as though shocked by the cold revelation from her enemy, “Wait we’re late?”

Baekhyun fumbled with his buttons, “I’m sorry…did you just say we’re late?” 

Shinae nodded, wide-eyed and confused as to why he said it in such a manner. Like she was dumb. Baekhyun’s large eyes looked her small form up and down and he couldn’t control the laugh that burst out.

“I’m sorry,” he tried to catch his breath, “But there is no way in hell you’re coming to school.”

His laughter almost drowned out Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter