6th: Matches

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'How did you break my heart and burned me down without even trying?'

Every freshmen turned their head and they started whispering to each other, right when Eunji and Wonho appears in the university’s gate.

“So, the gossip was right… They are more than just ‘friends’…”

“Wew, is that really Jung Eunji – the wealthy and arrogant freshmen that previously always rode her fancy car. And now, she’s coming with bus?”

“From the rich Son Hyunwoo, she chooses to be with the poor cutie, Shin Wonho. What is her ideal type anyway?”

Both of them could clearly hear it all. But, they decide to ignore them and keep walk ahead together side by side though Eunji secretly formed a goofy smile on her face.

Suddenly, they stop when someone blocking their way. Eunji raised her eyebrow when she catch the familiar person that already standing in front of her.

“What are you doing there, Son Hyunwoo-ssi? Did you know that you interrupting my time?” she asked with judgment look.

A smirk curved on the taller face as he scrutinizing both of Eunji and Wonho. “I never thought this poor guy could change the arrogant girl like you so much.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment. Now please, stay away. Your precious life better not interferes to someone else’s life. It’s shameful,” she scoffed while signaling her ex-BF to shifting his position.

Eunji walked ahead then Wonho following from behind. When he passed Hyunwoo, the taller staring at him with intimidating look, but Wonho just reply it with plain expression.

“Tch, let’s see how long your arrogance will last, Jung Eunji,” Hyunwoo scoffed.

***

 

After finished his study time, Wonho was going straight to Minhyuk’s café to take his work time and Kihyun decided to come along.

“Like seriously dude, how could you don’t tell me that you secretly having a good relationship with her? You’re a betrayer!” Kihyun scolds right when they settle at a table near the cashier.

Instead of answering the younger question, Wonho was still busying himself with his phone. He was sending a message to Hayoung since an hour ago, but the girl still didn’t reply him yet.

“Hey, hey, what happened here?” Minhyuk suddenly show up from his room and joining the two.

“Guess what? This Shin Wonho showed up at campus on this morning with Jung Eunji! For God’s sake, she’s Jung Eunji!” Kihyun said in exaggerate tone, but still it doesn’t strong enough to catch the latter attention.

Minhyuk chuckled. “So, what’s wrong with that? Our friend is so damn handsome; no wonder a girl like Jung Eunji could fall in love with him.”

“But still, it’s unfair. I got a crush on her first,” Kihyun hissed.

“Eyy, you have too many crush, isn’t it? Give it one of them to your best friend won’t be hurt, dude,” Minhyuk hit Kihyun’s left arm playfully. He earns a glare from the shorter, and he chuckles because of it.

Meanwhile, Wonho still didn’t move his attention from the phone. ‘Where is she? Why she didn’t read my message yet?’ he inaudibly murmured.

***

 

“Yah, yah, look at her. She’s pretty, isn’t she?”

“No, she’s too skinny. I don’t like her,” Hyungwon disagree.

“How about that one. She’s cute, huh?”

Hyungwon shook his head. “Too cute. I prefer a mature one.”

Jooheon rolled his eyes. “You are very picky! You will never have a girlfriend if you keep act like this.”

“I’ve told you. I don’t really need a girlfriend right now. I’m still happy being single,” Hyungwon shrugged.

“Happy your . I know you’re lonely and I know you need ones. Oh, how about her?” Jooheon patted his best friend’s arm and pointed at a female freshmen. “That one is pretty!”

Once again, Hyungwon shook his head. “She looks like a corpse, Heon-ah.”

“Aisshh! Seriously!” Jooheon racked his hair in frustration. He was in a deep thinking for some seconds, before grab something from inside his pocket pants. “How about this one. She’s your ideal type, am I right?”

Jooheon is showing a picture on his phone. Hyungwon lazily following his gaze then his eyes suddenly widened. He caught a familiar photo from his friend phone' screen.

“Yah! How could you get her picture? You stalks her on SNS? How dare you?!” Hyungwon’s voice automatically raising and he was about to snatch the phone, but Jooheon quickly hide it from him.

“Guess what? You still like her, didn’t you?” a chuckle escape from Jooheon’s mouth.

“W-what? No. I don’t like her. Not anymore,” Hyungwon quickly back to his sense while shook his head repeatedly.

“Are you sure you don’t like her anymore, huh? Huh?” Jooheon was shifting his seat closer to the taller while nudging his elbow continuously, tried to tease his best friend.

“Of course, I do,” Hyungwon groaned. “She’s just a part of my past. The dark past that I wish to forget.”

“But she never knows that you are the person that came from her past. It’s unfair for her,” Jooheon said.

“Kim Hyungwon has no longer existed anymore and I think it will be better this way,” Hyungwon shrugged before got up from his seat and walk toward his classroom.

Jooheon heaved a deep sigh before decide to following his classmate.

***

 

Hayoung was checking the chocolate cake in front of her. She wanted to make sure that there was no flaw on the cake’s decoration. She kept mumbling some random things, Hayoung seemed feel yet comfortable with her work.

“It looks delicious. Can I taste it?”

Suddenly, a soft man voice echoed from behind her. Hayoung turned around to meet Shin Wonho, her tutor. She forgets that she had a schedule today. “Of course. Here’s for you, oppa,” she offer a slice of cake to the taller.

Wonho smiled and took a spoon of the cake before slid it inside his mouth. “Hm... It’s delicious. Did you made it on your own?”

“Yes, I did. So glad that it tastes good,” a bright smile formed on her face.

“I never thought that a great dancer like you could be a baker too,” Wonho praised while showing the empty cake plate.

Hayoung smiled at him before her eyes caught something on the tip of Wonho’s lips. She reached a hand to wipe the chocolate away. As she did it, their face’s gaps were close to each other. It somehow made his cheeks grow hot. He admitted that she’s pretty; she had a bright personality that made him fall in love with her. She’s perfect on his eyes. Too perfect till he didn’t realize what he has done.

Wonho leaned his face slowly closer to Hayoung’s face. Before she could react, the tip of his lips touched hers.

***

 

It was 5 in the afternoon. Eunji already came back from his father office, since Mr. Jung asked her to help him with some kind of stuff. Right when she stepped in front of the main door of her house, she noticed that Wonho was already coming too since she found his sneakers in the shoes box.

She curved a thin smile on her face while came inside the house, she can’t wait to greet the person that she had claimed as her very first friend. Eunji threw her gaze around the living room, the place where Hayoung used for the tutorial, but she found that it was empty.

“Maybe they are in the kitchen,” she mumbles before headed to corner of the house.

 

“Wonho-ya, I—“ Eunji who just some steps away from the kitchen, didn’t continue her words and she stopped right away.

She found that Hayoung and Wonho were stands facing each other. She couldn’t move her feet and her eyes widened, while her hands were shaking. She didn’t know why she suddenly feel a pang hit her heart when she’s by out of the blue witnessing a sudden scene in front of her own eyes.

She could clearly see that there was no distance separating the two of them. The gap was gone. And Shin Wonho was being the person who being responsible for it. He closed the distance by pressing his lips into Hayoung’s.

Eunji slowly stepped back silently and decide to leave the kitchen. She walked limp toward her room as she sense something was hurting inside her heart.

***

 

Wonho pulled out his face and immediately saying sorry to her as soon as he realized that the girl didn’t reply his kiss back. “I’m sorry, Hayoung. I didn’t mean to do it,” he said while look down, to hide the blushing cheeks.

Before Hayoung could react, Wonho immediately speak out again.

“I like you...” he said. “I’m sorry for being impolite. But honestly, I never fell for another girl like this before...”

Hayoung didn’t have any idea how to react for the sudden situation. Shin Wonho, her tutor that she thought already become a big brother for her, suddenly kissed her and told her that the one and only girl that stole his heart for the first time, was none other than herself.

“And about the kiss—“

“I’m sorry, oppa. But...” Hayoung quickly cut the eldest. “Can’t we just forget and pretend that there was nothing happened?”

Her question suddenly made Wonho’s eyes widened. He couldn’t move his lips and he could not even breathe.

Hayoung suddenly look away. “Because... Too be honest, I have someone that I had a crush on.”

Wonho was still remaining mute. He didn’t notice that it will be coming.

“Chae Hyungwon... I fell for him already... Since the very first time I’ve met him,” the tip of Hayoung’s lips curled up a bit when Hyungwon’s face crossed her mind. “But I promise you. I’ll never leave you because you already like a big brother for me.”

A hard pang greeted Wonho’s heart when he heard clearly that Hayoung – the one and only girl that had stole his heart, only treat him not more than just a friend.

“So...” Hayoung’s gaze was back to him. “Let’s stop this now. I don’t want our friendship turns awkward. So please, just pretend that there was nothing happened today, okay?” she curled a thin smile on her face this time.

Wonho looked down before a faint chuckle escaped from his lips. “It’s okay... I know that it will be coming,” he paused before dared himself to lifting his chin, so he could see her. “I’m sorry for the sudden confession… and you are right, let’s forget it.”

Hayoung nodded. “Yes, let’s forget it and start the tutorial today. Anyway, I’ll take another cake for us,” she was about to turning around but Wonho immediately stop her.

“Thank you for the cakes. But, I’m full already. And, I’m sorry because I think I should skip our lesson today. My mother just texted me and asked me to accompany her to my uncle’s home,” Wonho got up from his seat. “I’ll text you as soon as I get the substitute day.”

“Oh, okay,” Hayoung nodded again in understanding. “See you again, Wonho oppa.”

Wonho smiled thinly before headed toward the exit door. When he closed the door, a car suddenly come in and parked inside the garage then some second later, the person came out from the car. It was Hyungwon. Their gazes met each other for some seconds, Hyungwon was about to gave a proper greeting since he know that Wonho is her tutor, but the paler immediately walked and passed him without said any words.

Hyungwon turned around to see the back of Wonho and sees the eldest already leave the house. “Maybe he was in a bad mood,” he shrugged before walked inside.

As he opened the door, his eyes got wide since he caught the presence of a girl that already standing to greet him with something in her hands.

“Hayoung?” Hyungwon’s lips suddenly cracked into a small smile when the girl that he call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter