3rd: Friends

11 Blocks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I don't want to be your best friend, just let me be your new obsession'

Wonho couldn’t stop but smiling when he read a message from Hayoung. She suddenly give him a report about her dance practice today. The girl with bright personality had already built a close friendship with him and it made him happy.

But he suddenly stopped his pace when he was about a few meters away from the bus stop. He lifted up his chin since someone was blocking his pace. His eyes caught a familiar petite girl was furrowing her eyebrows and staring at him.

“Jung Eunji?”

“You need money, right?” she asked, straight to the point.

“Sorry?” Wonho frowned since he felt strange with her sudden question.

“Be my fake boyfriend. I’ll pay you for it.”

Wonho’s eyes rounded when he heard her sudden marks. Instead of giving her the answer, he was standing still at his previous position.

“Just tell me how much you need it. I’ll give you the money as soon as you say yes,” Eunji continued, ignoring his surprise look.

Wonho cleared his throat. “I don’t know what was crossing your mind till you suddenly asking me that kind of offer,” he tried to sound calm.

Eunji heaved a sigh. “That Son Hyunwoo… I wanted him to finds out about me having a new boyfriend though it’s fake. I just wanted to see his reaction.”

“So, you used me to take revenge on your ex?” Wonho choked. “From all of the men in your life, why should be me?”

“You’ve seen me cry yesterday. You’ve seen me in my embarrassing moment. I hate when someone see my weak side. So you should take the responsibility,” she bluntly said and it earns a faint chuckle from the taller.

“I should take a responsibility for something that wasn’t my fault. It’s ridiculous,” he scoffed.

“I could pay you a lot for it. So, what do you think? You won’t miss this offer, huh?” she walked closer to him and stop when she just some inches away while looking him with sharp stares.

“Nice offer. But I’m sorry, I have no interest on it,” he shrugged.

“Why?” Eunji asked. “It’s just a fake relationship.”

“For me, dating is not a game. I should do it with all of my heart,”

“Bull…” Eunji rolled her eyes. “Just tell me how much you wanted. I’ll give it you.”

Wonho heaved a sigh before looking at her. “You can’t buy everything with money, girl,” he said before was about to walking away but Eunji immediately covering his pace.

“If you don’t want to do it, I will follow you wherever you will go,” she insisted.

‘This arrogant girl is really a troublesome’, Wonho once again heaved a deep sigh, tried his best for not run out of patience. “Okay, let’s find a way out. Let’s be friends,” he finally said and it made the girl frowned.

“Friend? What friend?”

“Yes, you and I be friends,” Wonho nodded. “You have a friend before, right?”

Eunji mute while thinking about his sudden question. She could clearly remember that she has no close friend before. The one and only person that closer to her, is none other than Hyungwon, her stepbrother. She gulped before nodding her head. “Of course! I have been friends with others before.” She’s lying because she didn’t want the guy look down on her. “So, it means… I can cling around you whenever I want, right?”

“Whenever I want,” he corrected. “Now, please stop bothers me. I should go to library. Bye,” Wonho shoved his hands into his pocket pants before walk passed her.

When Eunji sensed that the guy already left from her gaze, the tip of her lips slowly curved upwards. “Friend? Finally, I have a friend.”

***

 

FLASHBACK

“Good morning, Hyungwonie,”

Hyungwon cracked a smile when he open the door of his room and found her mother was smiling sweetly at him.

“Good morning, mom,” with his little steps, he approached her mother before hug her tight.

“My son is so cute,” Hyungwon’s mother hug him back while raise her free hand to caress her little boy hair. “Mom prepares fried rice for your lunch. Eat it with your friends at school, okay dear?”

Hyungwon nodded. “Thank you,” he got a soft peck at his temple from his mother.

“Go to school already,” her mother was about to sent her son out, but they stop when the door suddenly opened and revealing Hyungwon’s father with messy looks.

Hyungwon stepped back as he gripped her mother shirt tightly against his little fingers.

“Hey~ my lovely son isn’t going to school yet?” The guy smiles and walked to Hyungwon’s direction and tried to pinch his cheeks, but the kid dodge away. It caused the smile on the elder face now gone.

Hyungwon could bet that he can smell liquor from him. His father moves his gaze directly to his mother that still standing beside Hyungwon.

“What are you doing there? Go get me some water!” he asked with harsh tone while glaring at Mrs. Chae.

Instead quickly do what her husband ask her to do, Mrs. Chae sending a signal to her son to go out as soon as he can. When Hyungwon was about to reach the door, he suddenly heard a yell from the eldest.

“What took you so long?! Hurry up!”

Hyungwon glances at his back and found his father hand comes up at his mother cheek so fast. The next thing he caught, he sees the guy pulls her hair. Hyungwon stopped, he wanted to go back and help her mother. But he can’t.

With tears fell down on his cheeks, he quickly turn around and run away from the daily scenes that he should witness with his own eyes.

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

 

Hyungwon suddenly woke up from his sleep to found the rain was pouring so hard outside. He glanced to the digital clock that standing next to his bed and found that it was 5 PM. He just went straight to home after the school ended 3 hours ago and take a nap.

He decided to walk out from his room to grab some water. He walked to find there was still no one inside the house. “Eunji noona must be still in campus. Mom and Dad said that they will come home late. And...” he paused to glance at Hayoung’s room. “Why she isn’t coming home yet?” he asking himself while walk closer to the girl’s room. But he suddenly stop when he just some meters away. “Why should I care?” he shrugged and turns around to the kitchen.

***

 

Wonho had done his works and he wanted to arrange the papers. But before he did it, Eunji suddenly showed up in front of him with a tray in her hand. She brought two plate’s sandwich and 2 glasses of ice milk.

“I bought some food for us,” she said with expressionless on her face and taking her seat in front of him.

“Us?” Wonho blinked his eyes in confusion, and Eunji hissed by seeing his expression.

“You should say thanks to me rather than choking your eyebrows like that, nerd. Let’s eat it together,” she pushed the plate of sandwich and a glass of milk in front of him.

“But—“ Wonho was about to spoke out but the girl immediately shoving the sandwich inside his mouth, making him almost choke on the food.

“Don’t speak while eating. It’s impolite,” she said nonchalantly while grab her sandwich and un-wrapping it, ignoring the protest from the paler.

Wonho was pulling out the sandwich from his mouth; he took a deep breath to prevent his anger come out. Instead of bickering with her, he chooses to take a huge bite of the bread. Eunji stole a glance to see him, and she couldn’t help for let the tip of her lips curled up. She was happy because she has a friend to eat with.

“Why aren’t you going home yet?” Wonho decided to open their conversation.

“Mrs. Park asked me to help her with the research,” she said in the midst of munching the food.

“I see,” Wonho nodded.

“And you? Didn’t you have a work schedule today?” unexpectedly, a question came out from . It made Wonho feels a bit surprise.

“Actually I have a schedule to be Hayoung’s tutor. But since she’s kinda busy with her school project, I got my free day,” he gave the answer while took another bite of the sandwich.

There were no words escaped from their mouth after Eunji decided to glance out of the window of the classroom and she could see some freshmen are playing basketball on the field, while Wonho put his attention back to the papers that he wanted to arrange before.

“I need to put these papers back on my locker. I’ll be back in minutes,” he said while excused himself out from the room. Eunji didn’t react, while her eyes still sticking on the window.

As she was watching the freshmen outside, suddenly, a loud bang came from the door of the classroom. She startled as she turned her heads toward the door. 2 guys entered the classrooms with evil smirks on their faces. Eunji frowned as she tries to remembering them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter