hana

Crush

"Omg he's so my type that it's not even fair!" Hongbin wallowed in misery, slumping in his seat.  
And Sanghyuk was annoyed to the point of exhaustion. It had been a whole week he had listened to his friend talk non-stop about the senior at their school: Cha Hakyeon. 

"Then just go talk to him", Sanghyuk groaned. He wished he joined Wonshik for dance practice that day --- he really couldn't take any more of this. 

"Are you crazy? He's dating that scary, tall senior!" Hongbin screeched. 

Sanghyuk looked up, gazing at the seniors' table. A slightly taller, quiet boy with glaring eyes was always seen with Hakyeon. He ate his lunch quietly while the latter chatted. 

"Maybe they're not dating. They've never kissed or even touched for that matter" Sanghyuk shrugged, "you can always invite them to eat at our table".

Hongbin looked scandalized. 

Sanghyuk didn't think he could put up with this another day so he stood up and walked to the two. Hongbin wanted to bury himself. 

"Hello sunbenim, I'm Han Sanghyuk". 
The two seniors looked up, Hakyeon with a wide adoring smile 

"Aren't you adorable? I'm Hakyeon and this is Taekwoon. Can I help you?" 

"I was wondering if you'd like to sit with us. My friend over there has a hard time making friends" Sanghyuk explained. 

Hakyeon lit up and stood, pulling the grumpy looking senior along with him, "Of course! Come on Taekwoonie!" He proceeded to drag the latter to Hongbin's table. 
He didn't seem thrilled to be interrupted from his lunch but allowed Hakyeon to drag him. 

Hongbin's jaw fell open when Hakyeon and the grumpy guy sat across from him and Sanghyuk, introducing themselves. 

"Uuh---I'm Hongbin".

Hakyeon smiled, "That's a very nice name Hongbin. Are you also a freshman?"

"J-junior". 

"Oh, I wonder why I haven't seen you before", Hakyeon said thoughtfully. But Hongbin could only marvel in how much prettier Hakyeon looked up close. Once again, this was going nowhere so Sanghyuk took initiative. 

"So are you and Taekwoon hyung dating?" 

Hakyeon laughed after recovering from shock. "No, we're best friends. We've known each other from childhood". 

Taekwoon rolled his eyes at the idea. Dating Hakyeon? He'd suffocate from the affection, and he was straight. 

"Well in that case, Hongbin has a major crush on you, Hakyeon hyung" Sanghyuk stated. 

Hongbin wished he could slit the boy's throat. He wanted to die. "I-i". The words didn't come out and Hongbin felt frozen in time. And then the bell rang. Hongbin sprinted out, not looking at anyone as he hurried to class. He almost felt like crying from embarrassment. He decided to officially disown Sanghyuk. After classes, Hongbin practically ran home. He didn't wait for Wonshik but an hour later, his friend was outside his door. 

"Go away", he whined. 

"Sanghyuk told me what happened Binnie", the latter said in sympathy. 

"I hope he goes to hell" Hongbin spat angrily. 

Wonshik sighed, "Hakyeon hyung was looking for you".

There was a pause and Hongbin stuck his head out of the door, "Why?"

"He wanted to respond to your confession--- well technically, Sanghyuk's confession", Wonshik shrugged, "You guys should talk tomorrow at lunch". Hongbin ignored Sanghyuk all day and the next day. 
-----------------------------------------------
Hakyeon smiled warmly and waved when he saw Hongbin. Hongbin felt his heart beat crazily and scolded himself for being so excited about being friendzoned. Hakyeon was just too nice to be disgusted with him. 

He replied with a stiff smile but didnt meet his eyes. Taekwoon's stare didn't make things easier and Hakyeon noticed. 
"Hongbin-ah, let's go outside to talk" he suggested. When they stood up, Taekwoon did also, almost like a bodyguard. 

Hakyeon pushed him back down by his shoulder, "It's just a private talk Woon-ah. We'll be back in 15 minutes". 

Taekwoon nodded and returned to his lunch. 

The two didn't talk until they were finally outside. Hakyeon went and sat on the grass, patting the spot beside him. Hongbin sat. 

"So you ran away yesterday" Hakyeon said. 

Hongbin shrugged, still not meeting the senior's gaze. 

Hakyeon swallowed, "So was Sanghyuk telling the truth?"

"Do you think I would've reacted like that if he wasn't?" Hongbin blurted in frustration. He just wanted to get this over with. The awkwardness was unbelievable. 

"Well, I thought -- maybe, if you want to, w-we can go out?" 

Hongbin thought he imagined it. What?

He looked at Hakyeon, seeing him dead serious. And to his surprise, the elder blushed, cheeks tinting bright pink. 
"I mean, just to see how things go. I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea since you seem so nice". 

"Y-yes!" Hongbin exclaimed when his voice returned. He was jumping with joy inside but didn't want to make a bigger fool of himself. Honestly, Hongbin felt terribly elated and a huge goofy grin couldn't be controlled as it found its way on his face. Feeling a surge of confidence, he took Hakyeon's hand, "You won't regret it hyung!"

Hakyeon blushed and nodded, "W-we should return to the cafeteria". 

Seeing their entwined hands, Wonshik and Sanghyuk congratulated the two. 
Hongbin shot Sanghyuk a dirty look, "Don't assume you're forgiven". 

Taekwoon didn't seem to care but he had a pleasant talk with Hongbin the next day. He was waiting outside his class and did most of the talking, which surprised the junior. 

"Don't hurt him. Don't make him cry. Don't lead him on and don't take advantage", the senior ordered with a sharp glare.

Hongbin knew he was talking about Hakyeon and quickly nodded; he had no intention to ever hurt the elder.
"Sure hyung".

-------------------------------------------

ugh I love protective Daegunniee

 

I hope you all enjoyed this ...