Chapter Two

Helium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

©kas2umi @lj


The man stared helplessly at the nurse as she refused to inform him about the boy's current condition.

"I am sorry Yunho-shi, but only the family is allowed to know the details. I can't tell you more than what you know already."

-

The boy was sound asleep as Yunho entered his room third night in the row. With a small dog made out of pearl red balloons loosely grasped in his hand, the janitor made way towards the bed only to stop barely half a meter away from it.

Moonbin's chest were rising and falling heavily, the boy's breathing rough and pained.

The sight cut deeper than any blade.

Walking up to the slightly ajar window, he placed the red dog so it was facing the moon.

Taking a seat in the chair next to the hospital bed the boy laid in, Yunho pressed the palms of his hands against his own wet cheeks and eyes, silencing a sob that was threatening to come out from trembling lips.

Moonbin didn't stir, his form still calm despite the pain his small body must have been in at the moment.

Moving his right hand towards the boy's sleeping face, Yunho breathed in deeply as the wetness of his palm made contact with the boy's pale cheek.

And as if Moonbin was awake and listening with his never ending curiosity, Yunho continued their story about Helium.

-

"It feels as if you are floating in the sky," Yunho motioned with his hands in the air above their heads.

As they laid on the boy's hospital bed, shoulder to shoulder, Moonbin's face beamed and he turned his head to stare at the janitor.

"Like a balloon?"

"Yes," Yunho smiled at the boy. "Like a balloon."

-

It was his fifth day of work at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter