1000 words

Distant Orbs

 

Jimin stares into the night sky. Feeling the grass at the back of his neck and to the tips of  his fingers while the cold wind dances.

He liked laying there, thinking how stars are made or how his love for a certain someone made him feel weak and strong at the same time. 

"A shooting star." Jimin mumbles to himself and reach out to the night sky. He close his eyes and made his first wish ever on a star.

When he opened his eyes the sky was much more beautiful. Now, other stars in the sky was just like distant orbs. Jimin can only see one star clearly. And that star was staring back at him. My star. So wishing on a shooting star really does make your wish come true. Like baam! Viola! In your face!

Jimin smiled at his star, wincing immediately as pain courses through his jaw and lips. Well, technically his whole face.

"You should just learn to run and not let your father use you as a punching bag for once." His star was staring down at him with hands on his pockets. He mumbles something as he sat close next to him.

Jimin knows Yoongi hates feeling cold. Like how he knows Yoongi loves feeling the first summer rain against his palm. Or how Yoongi loves and hates giving up sleep to make music.

Or how Yoongi pretends not to like it when he wakes up with Jimin in his room knowing well that Jimin cannot easily climb the tree near his bedroom window. Jimin climbs the stupid tree anyway. Waking up a grumpy Yoongi so that they won't be late for their morning classes. There is nothing wrong with Jimin knocking at the Mins front door to wake Yoongi up every morning. It's just that Yoongi likes to lock his bedroom door. And it takes time to wake Yoongi up like that.

Or how Yoongi likes to secretly beat the sh*t out of everyone who dares to bully Jimin just because they knew Jimin liked guys. Well, Jimin secretly liked one guy. A secret that he whispers to the stars when he's alone. Only those distant orbs are witnesses to how Jimin likes, no, loves his best friend.

"Hey, did he punched you that bad? You can't seem to hear me lecturing you." Jimin was pulled out of his trance and quickly turned his head towards Yoongi's voice.

"Nah. Im good." Jimin stares at Yoongi's back. Yoongi has his head up, staring to the night sky. Hugging his knee close to his chest.

"You're cold. You should go back now. Im gonna be fine." Jimin reached for the back hem of Yoongi's sweater. Tugging it too gently.

"Im not cold and I don't wanna go home yet. Im just sleeply is all."

"Come lay beside me then." Jimin joked.

"Okay." Yoongi used Jimin's arm as a pillow. Shifting close to Jimin's body heat and look straight ahead into the sky.

Jimin felt his heart skip a beat.

"You know, you can always stay at my house until we graduate. It's just few months away from now. Moms gonna be happy with that, seeing how we keep stealing her first aid kit whenever your dad paints your face with bruises." Yoongi traces some star with his right hand.

"Then what?" Jimin closed his eyes and exhaled deeply. We liked the idea of him waking Yoongi up not having to climb that stupid tree for once.

Or that he could actually hear Yoongi's breath while he falls asleep. Guiding him through his dreams. But then what? It doesn't change the fact that he's secretly in love with his best friend. What will Yoongi think of him if he knows his best friend is secretly loving him even before he knew the word love. He'd be disgusted, like how his dad is disgusted with him. Like how the other boys from their school are. But Yoongi's not like them.. but what if. 

"Then we go to Seoul... finish our college degree...we'll each have 3 or 4 part time jobs while we're at it. Cause you know, we need to like, sh*t money to enter college and pay for rents. Of course we're gonna split the payments for rents, bills and food and ect. And I figured we may not graduate on time. But we gonna try okay? I am gonna get that music degree and you're gonna get yours in dance. Then we will get to do what we love. " Yoongi removes his head from Jimins arm. Knowing well that Jimin's arm is gonna be dead if he stays long using it as a pillow. But he kept close to Jimin now using his own arms as a pillow. 

"You make it sound so easy. Let me tell you that it isn't." There was anger at Jimin's voice. Anger that was directed to anything and anyone but Yoongi. Jimin was bitter at the world. Angry at his situation. Jimin felt defeated at the very start of the fight.

"When did i made it sound easy Jimin? The 3 or 4 part time jobs that we're gonna take? Or the part that we wont graduate on time? It won't be easy but at least Im willing to try and not be a coward." Yoongi said the last part with little annoyance.

Jimin harshly sat up. Hugging his knees and letting the cold wind slip through his jacket. Buried his face into his arms. Insecurities and hate flooding his body. He let a sob escape . And wonder why is everything so damn hard on him.

"Hey, do you know how stars are made?" Yoongi asked him after a while. He was sitting too.

Jimin turns his head and looked at Yoongi. Never realizing the other was merely inches away from him.

"Like this.." Yoongi leans in causing their lips to crash into each other. Jimin gasps as Yoongi deepens the kiss.